2 months without pay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know! Hence why I want to become self employed, have a salon etc :)
But I can't do that without a job
Will all pay off in the end :)

If you really really want something and work hard for it - you will get thete. Take every challenge that comes your way as a learning curve. Once you get where you want to be - you will be so proud of yourself. Ah, at least this is what i keep telling myself. Not happy with my current situation but i KNOW i will be in a better place soon. I just need to keep my eyes on the prize! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

If you really really want something and work hard for it - you will get thete. Take every challenge that comes your way as a learning curve. Once you get where you want to be - you will be so proud of yourself. Ah, at least this is what i keep telling myself. Not happy with my current situation but i KNOW i will be in a better place soon. I just need to keep my eyes on the prize! :)

Yep, going to face alot of crap along the way but I really want to do this
Just got to look to the future and not right now :)

The CAB are going to help me I dont believe I'll be getting paid the 9th.
My boyfriend works as an assistant chef in a pub and he has worked 50 hours a week for 2 weeks with one day off. Yes just ONE.
How can employers get away with treating their staff the way they do?

Awww thanks :hug:

yeah, i don't know if it's happening more because of the current economy (maybe, maybe not) but I have met a lot of potential employers and done a few jobs where I feel that people want to exploit people's keeness to work and keep their jobs. It's appalling and I think these people should be very ashamed and that legally, something needs to be done.

Sammixxx and Jurate, you both seem so strong...when you mentioned keeping your eye on the prize Jurate, that definately made me feel good. I am currently looking for employment in a salon and have been doing so since July this year. Keeping the overall goal in mind is definately very motivating :)

Last edited:
yeah, i don't know if it's happening more because of the current economy (maybe, maybe not) but I have met a lot of potential employers and done a few jobs where I feel that people want to emploi people's keeness to work and keep their jobs. It's appalling and I think these people should be very ashamed and that legally, something needs to be done.

Sammixxx and Jurate, you both seem so strong...when you mentioned keeping your eye on the prize Jurate, that definately made me feel good. I am currently looking for employment in a salon and have been doing so since July this year. Keeping the overall goal in mind is definately very motivating :)

Hmmm Maybeee...
Awww :hug: You will get there! Just have to keep strong, stay positive and have all the support you can get :) Your family, friends and us on here :D

Been payed guys! Iv been payed!

:p

Been payed guys! Iv been payed!

:p

Woohooo! Finally, now treat yourself to something nice - you deserve it!

Hi Hun

I've been following your story and really pleased you have finally been paid. Enjoy hun!

To any other geeks having problems being paid I used to work in payroll and not having a P45 is no excuse for an employer not to pay you. If the P45 has been lost you can complete a P46 which is sent to your employers payroll dept and they then then send one copy to the tax office and tax office then send your correct tax code through to the employer. Even without an P45 or P46 you would automatically be put on BR tax, so again it certainly does not stop you from being paid. P45 is always the best thing to give your employer, but if this isn't possible a P46 certainly helps how you are taxed and is less than BR.

Love n hugs and again enjoy your money!!! :wink2:

Thanks guys!! and thanyouuu for all your support :hug:

Last edited:
woohoo! this is awesome!

enjoy your pay and don't forget to have a well earned rest after all that stress :)

woohoo! this is awesome!

enjoy your pay and don't forget to have a well earned rest after all that stress :)

Haha! Going christmas shopping with it soon :D

Aww so pleased for you hun. Have a lovely christmas with your hard earned, well deserved cash xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Aww so pleased for you hun. Have a lovely christmas with your hard earned, well deserved cash xx

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Thanks hunni :)

Latest posts

Back