20 minute acrylics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They show you the one ball method on the Ezflow dvd!

NoticeableNails said:
They show you the one ball method on the Ezflow dvd!
Can you buy the dvd on it's own or do you have to buy Ezflow kit to get this.
I am so fascinated with this one ball method.

J

you can buy em , from your ez flow supplier :D

Ah...she filed your nail polish off??? She may have used a silicone bit which is a lot softer and kinder to natural nails than other bits (altho I've never done this before).

You know what I'd do? Go back and have another set of nails done - watch her like a hawk and ask lots, and lots of questions!

Thanks for a great post!

Kx

ONS teach woth one bead and also with 3. i quite liked the one bead method.

Katelisa said:
ONS teach woth one bead and also with 3. i quite liked the one bead method.

Sorry to sound a bit thick but who is ONS :confused:

J

Odyssey Nail Systems

J

Hya

I had never heard of the one bead application method until I watched the Ez Flow L&P application dvd and I was very impressed, although it doesn't work on pink and white. 20 minutes does seem exceptionally quick though when you include prep work

Yes she did file my polish off - there wasnt a whole lot of polish left on my nails anyways - but yes I admit it probly wasnt the best prep - she was quick and probly not as gentle as she could of been. She did not use an electric file - it was a hand file. But yes it was the application that I admired. I know I probly didnt explain it that well. I will try again though. She picked up the bead and placed it in the middle of the nail. She then used the side of her brush and tapped the right hand side of the bead, then the left side of bead and then right and left again. By slightly tapping the bead in this manner it causes the bead to re-shape from the bead into and oblong (rectangular shape) strip down the nail (from just below the top of the free edge to just above the cuticle). She then flattened the strip on the free edge by pressing with her brush, then she spread the strip to either side of the nail and flattened. She then used the push-pull method for zone three. So basically it was the four movements. I dunno if this helps much but I tried :) But yes I too would like to see a tutorial on the one-beaded application.

I would love to go back and have them again to ask heaps of questions and just see it again. But because I was on holidays - it wont be for a while! :(

I do gel, not l&p and I use a one bead method, it's so much quicker and the shape is already there for you as you tease your gel (you don't pat and pull,or whatever it is,like l&p) from the central bead which give you the apex perfectly placed with no effort. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

I have 2 clients (mother and daughter) who prefer a white tip and clear acrylic so that the white is as crisp as possible, that's the only time I use the one bead method. I admit it is quicker than when I use natural tips and pink and white powders, but 20 mins? I've never been much under the hour!!

I'm hooked now. Does Creative teach the one bead method?

I would be interested in learning this one bead technique - would be brill for my nails my nail bed are so tiny!!! they are more like a kids, so I have been doing mine in two beads at the minute. xx

One bead means one colour .. sorry folks but to my mind this is not nail enhancement it is short cutting.

White tips and one bead is for those who can't do smile lines. If you could do them then why use one bead??

If one colour one bead is what my technicain was offering me, then I would be very disappointed indeed. This is not art and it's not enhancement it is .....
"Oh, it'll do!" Can't be othered.

trouble is Gigi is a lot of people love the white tip look - god knows why cos I hate it, but that's what they want so that's what they get no matter how much I explain the aesthetics of a pink and white application. And then there are those that don't like a white finish at all and prefer to have a one colour overlay. So I guess you need to be able to do both equally well.

I do agree that a one colour application can look very natural and pretty ... but not all the time and if that is all you can do as a technician then you are really limiting yourself.

If you can do good smiles who needs or wants white tips? .... the customer can't tell the difference between one or the other if done well .. accept that the white powder looks better!

Be able to do it all for sure, but don't let one bead one colour 'grab' you to the extent that you forget all else .. thats all I'm trying to say.

I don't like white tips but I do them now and then when required but I still use the 3 bead method.

I had a client today who didn't want p/w and I did this with the 3 bead method.

I think Odessy teach the one bead method.

To me, one bead is what the NSS do, lump it on, drill it off.

Well now I've changed brands :)D ) and can get a truly crisp finish with my new brand that I struggled to get before then maybe I can persuade them to do it MY way! I so hate using French tips, thankfully very few do have them though!

Hell I sound like a Persil ad now cos since I've changed brands my whites are whiter than white!

I never gave my clients the choice of having French tips, so they never got them :D !!

There are so many ways to acheive perfect whites now what with the l&P and More Than White and Paint on white gel .. who needs em?

Latest posts

Back