5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to give up fir a bit due to my operation but I will restart in a few months when I'm better. Are you doing it again Lila?

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Ah how did it go petal? Hope your ok? I'm not back doing it yet, maybe next week, I felt the support on here helped but hardly anyone doing it :( xx

We all disapered. op went really well much better than expected. So happy. They say it takes about 6 weeks to start feeling normal again. But im feeling ok. X

We all disapered. op went really well much better than expected. So happy. They say it takes about 6 weeks to start feeling normal again. But im feeling ok. X

Well resting is only way you will recover, boring but you will get better quicker xx

Anyone still doing this ? Xx

I am still trying although I have failed this last 2 week (had a close friends mum pass away & my other halfs cousin die suddenly, so my minds not been in the best place).

Could I run on fast days? I run up to ten miles a day on my three days off and do HIIT training two of the other days. I wouldn't want to collapse in the middle of nowhere

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Exercise is fine on any day INCLUDING fast days. They even say that people feel more energised while excercising on fast days.

Glad your op went well Nikki May, hope your fit & well again really soon.

I am still trying although I have failed this last 2 week (had a close friends mum pass away & my other halfs cousin die suddenly, so my minds not been in the best place).

Exercise is fine on any day INCLUDING fast days. They even say that people feel more energised while excercising on fast days.

Ah hope your ok,understandable it's the last thing on your mind. Sending hugs.
Maybe if you feel up for it I may try Monday xx

Anyone still doing this ? Xx

I'm doing it. I feel great and I do believe that I am losing weight.

Are you still on it?

I'm doing it. I feel great and I do believe that I am losing weight.

Are you still on it?

Ah fab what days you been doing? How you finding it? X

Ah fab what days you been doing? How you finding it? X

I find it quite easy. I'm doing Monday and Friday and my OH is doing Monday and Thursday. I'm sure that Ive gone over my 500 calories a bit, but I'm enjoying eating normal food again after being on a protein only diet.

What days are you doing?

Ah hope your ok,understandable it's the last thing on your mind. Sending hugs.
Maybe if you feel up for it I may try Monday xx
We are still waiting on the funeral details for my other halfs cousin, she was only 45 years old. I think I'll need to wait until after the funeral before I start trying to fast again. Just hope I don't go putting loads of weight on because I'm eating ALL the wrong foods and loads of them too.

I find it quite easy. I'm doing Monday and Friday and my OH is doing Monday and Thursday. I'm sure that Ive gone over my 500 calories a bit, but I'm enjoying eating normal food again after being on a protein only diet.

What days are you doing?

Eee good for you, I'll try Monday and thu be best, in fact may try this thu as eating to much :) xx

We are still waiting on the funeral details for my other halfs cousin, she was only 45 years old. I think I'll need to wait until after the funeral before I start trying to fast again. Just hope I don't go putting loads of weight on because I'm eating ALL the wrong foods and loads of them too.

I've sent you a message xx

Really? Because I was advised to carb up a bit before long runs or else you get too much lactic acid and hit the wall sooner.
On a ten miler I burn around 1200 cal so I am pretty sure I would collapse if I had only eaten 200 or so cal before hand.
Am interested if anyone else who runs does this plan?

Seriously I must be the only person in the world to go for major surgery and PUT WEIGHT ON! bring on recovery so I can think diets again. X

Seriously I must be the only person in the world to go for major surgery and PUT WEIGHT ON! bring on recovery so I can think diets again. X

You will be back on here doing it before you no it :) sending hugs xxx

Aww the most important thing is your recovery. So pleased you came through the op well.

I'm not doing the 5/2 at the minute as I barely eat above 500 calories most days owing to bad stomach problems. Oh and I'm not losing much weight either Nikki! Sod's law!!

Hope your recovery continues well x

Aww the most important thing is your recovery. So pleased you came through the op well.

I'm not doing the 5/2 at the minute as I barely eat above 500 calories most days owing to bad stomach problems. Oh and I'm not losing much weight either Nikki! Sod's law!!

Hope your recovery continues well x

I have lots of stomach problems too. Im wondering if that has a lot to do with my weight. X

Really? Because I was advised to carb up a bit before long runs or else you get too much lactic acid and hit the wall sooner.
On a ten miler I burn around 1200 cal so I am pretty sure I would collapse if I had only eaten 200 or so cal before hand.
Am interested if anyone else who runs does this plan?

Watch the documentry and they say that even without eating anything they did exercise & felt invigorated, not lacking in energy at all.
Here's the documentry link again:
Eat, Fast & Live Longer HD
Watch it for yourself and see what they say, Michael does all medical tests and everything.

Bit of an old topic but just wanted to say thank you for all the information you've all posted previously on this thread. I haven't read through all of it though! Especially for the link to that program baggy bear!

Inspired me to start! Monday night here in New Zealand and the flat tummy water posted by Nikki at the start of the thread is ready, infusing for the morning - my first day ever of fasting!
I'm in the salon tomorrow so hopefully it'll busy day to keep me distracted!
Bit nervous about the first day!

Anyone still doing it?
Would love to hear some success stories to keep me inspired!

:) x

Bit of an old topic but just wanted to say thank you for all the information you've all posted previously on this thread. I haven't read through all of it though! Especially for the link to that program baggy bear!

Inspired me to start! Monday night here in New Zealand and the flat tummy water posted by Nikki at the start of the thread is ready, infusing for the morning - my first day ever of fasting!
I'm in the salon tomorrow so hopefully it'll busy day to keep me distracted!
Bit nervous about the first day!

Anyone still doing it?
Would love to hear some success stories to keep me inspired!

:) x

Im not doing it at the moment but I have just popped a batch of flat tummy eater in the fridge too. I hope you have a fab fast day. Let us know how it's going. Xxx

Thanks so much for that water recipe Nikki! Not sure I'd have made it through the day otherwise..
It was surprisingly easier than I had expected though :) I had expected torture!

Ate nothing all day like a lot of people's advice said, but had to cave and have an apple at 3.30!

Looking forward to dinner tonight - boyfriend is out at rugby training so at least I'm just cooking for me and can avoid temptation of his proper food!

Apart from a headache, not feeling it too badly! Lets hope I can keep it up! :) x

Latest posts

Back