5:2/The Fast Diet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm back in the game. 5/2 and 30 day shred today after doing so well in January and then piling half of it back on through driking so much alcohol :(

But I'm back and I'm ready. Got up at 6am to do my 30 day shread :) and I'm out working late tonight so should be ok for fasting too ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh I'm feeling inspiration from you ladies to try it again. Xx

Oh I'm feeling inspiration from you ladies to try it again. Xx

Come on Lila let's do it together :) but remember if it gets too much and you feel poorly. You MUST stop, your health comes first hun xxx

Come on Lila let's do it together :) but remember if it gets too much and you feel poorly. You MUST stop, your health comes first hun xxx

I think I will, I need to prepare so may start thu, ohhh I'm exited :) what days you doing? Xx

I think I will, I need to prepare so may start thu, ohhh I'm exited :) what days you doing? Xx

I like to change my days each week. Although it's normally a Mon and Thurs or a Tues and Thurs depending on what I have on. This week is Tues and Thurs :) xxx

Thanks so much for that water recipe Nikki! Not sure I'd have made it through the day otherwise..
It was surprisingly easier than I had expected though :) I had expected torture!

Ate nothing all day like a lot of people's advice said, but had to cave and have an apple at 3.30!

Looking forward to dinner tonight - boyfriend is out at rugby training so at least I'm just cooking for me and can avoid temptation of his proper food!

Apart from a headache, not feeling it too badly! Lets hope I can keep it up! :) x

In glad it went well, lots of people get headaches at first lots of water should help. And now you can enjoy what you want guilt free.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks Nikki. 9pm here now and am still feeling fine - had tea but it was satisfying enough :)

I'm doing Tues and Thurs too Glamoureyes! They're the days my boyfriend is out rugby training so means as little temptation in my way as possible with his food around!

Good luck lila! :)

What about the saying that when you fast/starve your body stores fat.? It goes into shock as it thinks you're not going to eat again for a while and stores fat.
That's the only thing that I think goes completely against this diet, how does it work to lose weight then if this is true??

Have read the book and I'm really gagging to start this diet!
I was just wondering do you all actually stick to this Mediterranean diet recommend for the other five days? I'm sure I will never be able to stick to that it's too expensive oily fish anyway ! I'd love to just be able to eat what I want on five days and 500 healthy cals on the 2 days .

What about the saying that when you fast/starve your body stores fat.? It goes into shock as it thinks you're not going to eat again for a while and stores fat.
That's the only thing that I think goes completely against this diet, how does it work to lose weight then if this is true??

I think it's because you're not totally starving. You're still having 500 calories on fast days. It's intermittent fasting so keeps the body guessing and metabolism working. (I think haha either way, I don't care, it works lol)

Have read the book and I'm really gagging to start this diet!
I was just wondering do you all actually stick to this Mediterranean diet recommend for the other five days? I'm sure I will never be able to stick to that it's too expensive oily fish anyway ! I'd love to just be able to eat what I want on five days and 500 healthy cals on the 2 days .

I just eat what I want on the 5 days as I'm a fussy eater so can't be doing with diets lol xxx

It takes up to 48 hours for your body to go into starvation mode. Even then the newest thoughts ate that starvation mode doesn't exist. I've never heard of doing this with the Mediterranean diet. In fact I thought mixing it with any other diet is a no no. Just eat what you want on other days withing reason. Try and be healthy so not chocolate and crisps for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have been doing 5:2 since November and find it to be the easiest diet ever! I have recently bought skinny pasta from an organic store so tonight I am having the whole 200g and a Mediterranean bean sauce for only 260kcal. Yummy!

It's my first day doing this diet today in preparation for my wedding in September! First day of fasting and trying really hard not to be tempted by anything!

Just wondered how long it has taken any of you to noticeably loose weight? I have about a stone to loose and quite active with going to the gym etc but really hope I can loose it (or most of it!) in time :)

It's my first day doing this diet today in preparation for my wedding in September! First day of fasting and trying really hard not to be tempted by anything!

Just wondered how long it has taken any of you to noticeably loose weight? I have about a stone to loose and quite active with going to the gym etc but really hope I can loose it (or most of it!) in time :)

It is about a lb a week. It's not really a quick fix it's more of a lifestyle

Anyone doing tomorrow? I am just hope I can do it!! X

How you getting on? Xx

How you getting on? Xx

I'm starving! Haha. But not giving in. Think I picked the wrong foods for lunch and I've been out and about today so i think I've overdone it considering I've hardly eaten. Can't wait for dinner! :)

I'm starving! Haha. But not giving in. Think I picked the wrong foods for lunch and I've been out and about today so i think I've overdone it considering I've hardly eaten. Can't wait for dinner! :)

Just think you can eat lovely food tomorrow without diet guilt. And drink lots of water.

Think like Nikki said of tomorrow you are doing great xx

You are almost there honey. Just a few hours and have an early night lol

Latest posts

Back