Acrylic application help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SFergusson

Reaction score
Hello all!

I was wondering if someone could help me with application around the cuticle. I seem have it thick and there is a ridge at the cuticle.

Im currently training with next step beauty who arent very helpful i have had to change my course to learning at home due to them canceling so many times, l but as i spent the money i thought i should finish the course and save up for a better corse.

I have uploaded a picture. Any help or tutorials i could watch would be appreciated

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    718.6 KB · Views: 217
Greg salo, his tutorials are amazing!! When I do nails I always have his calming voice in my head "behind the tip of the brush, behind the tip of the brush!" Find the right video about cuticle application & this will be your mantra too!! [emoji5]️

:)Thank you. I will look him up this evening x

Do you have a copy of the book 'nailclass'? By Gigi Rouse
All techniques clearly explained .

Hellooooo!!! [emoji4]

Beaut Kirsty meakin with naio nails does some fab tutorials from application to art x

There is so many great tutorials on YouTube, really current and up to date on all the new products and techniques etc. To name a few I would say start with Young Nails videos then Kirsty meakin who does an awesome video of the new apex and many more, then you have Liz acrylic nails .... you will have recommended videos that you will spend hours watching! Xx

So good to see you back Gigi!!! :)

Praise the Lord!!! Welcome back, damn I've missed you, please say you're staying :D:)

Hello all!

I was wondering if someone could help me with application around the cuticle. I seem have it thick and there is a ridge at the cuticle.

Im currently training with next step beauty who arent very helpful i have had to change my course to learning at home due to them canceling so many times, l but as i spent the money i thought i should finish the course and save up for a better corse.

I have uploaded a picture. Any help or tutorials i could watch would be appreciated

Thanks
Like others have mentioned
Greg from young nails !
That cuticle application video on YouTube by him is great!! Also another trick is to tilt/hold the nail downward so the acrylic doesn't flow into the cuticle . Those 2 things have really helped me :)

I've missed your knowledge and straight talking, lovely to see your quote

Thank you all so much. I dont have any books so will search for a copy of the one mentioned.
I have been watch kirtsy from naio nails loads. I know its just practise so will keep at it!

Thank you all so much. I dont have any books so will search for a copy of the one mentioned.
I have been watch kirtsy from naio nails loads. I know its just practise so will keep at it!
I also have cuticle application issues and keep on forgetting to sit down and properly watch Greg's videos... SO GOOD!!! I watched three on bitten nails too; I think i've finally realised why I've not been able to make forms work! Now I can't wait to finish my house move so I can practise again..especially as my acrylic-less nails have all broken to nothing! :( Thanks for the reminder and the new ideas :) x

Latest posts

Back