Advertising in local newspaper...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am thinking about advertising in my local newspaper & was wondering if any of you have also done this & what success rate did you get?

How long did you place ad for?
How much did it cost?
What kind of things did you say?

Any help really!!!

Thanks all xxx :green:

When I advertised in papers there was virutally no competition and I always got a response.
I went in the classifieds at the back of the paper, 3 times a week as they had a 3 for 2. Only got about 12 words and it would cost me about £30 (I think) a week.

I did some fancy ads in the weekly Ladies Section that cost me £90 each and got nothing.

All I can say about newspaper ads is "today's news - tomorrows chip paper, so you've got be in it to win it"! (just call me cliche Geek!)

The only way you'll know if it works is if you try it!

Thanks Sassy.

Think i'm going to give it a go as you said you've got to be in to win it!!!LOL

Just wondering how i should advertise my self & what kind of things to say!!! :rolleyes:

They should be able to help you at the paper, but you normally need a USP (unique selling point) that makes you stand out from the opposition. Mine read something like. Nail Extensions - Why pay High Street Prices? Mobile available 01234 5678910.

Phone the paper and ask to speak to their sales rep that covers Health & Beauty, that's wah they are there for. But don't let them try and push you into a big package, try not to spend more than the price of a full set.

That makes sense thankyou for the advice x

You guys are lucky that your advertising is so cheap! When I phone my local they quoted £300 per advert for the smallest they do and that was only B+W :mad: . I guess that is what I get for living in North London lol

Sarah

Latest posts

Back