Aero Promotion - Pamper day

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
on the voucher apparantly it says you must be over 18 for these treatments, but i had a lady ring yesterday who's 3 teenage daughters got these eggs for easter and wanted to book them in (she also wanted to book in for 2 of their proms in june as well) has anyone else had any under 18's

Ive just found this on the guilds site, it does state applicants must be over 18 (ive emailed them to ask) and also it says payments cannot be honoured if booking process isnt adhered to? i never knew we got reimbursed , i thought this was to just raise awareness for our salons??

Aero Easter Egg Voucher Instructions
AeroChocLg.jpg
  1. Clients with Aero Easter Egg Vouchers must book ahead either by contacting your salon or the call centre. They must state at the time of booking that they have a voucher. Any clients who turn up at your salon who have not pre-booked should not be treated.
  2. On arrival at the salon, Aero Easter Egg customers must identify themselves and must hand over their voucher to the therapist before taking the treatment.
  3. Your salon should provide Aero Easter Egg voucher holders with a mini treatment lasting 15 – 20 minutes – NOT a full treatment. This is clearly stated on the packaging.
  4. Voucher holders must be 18 or over.
  5. Only one voucher is allowed per person.
  6. The vouchers you collect should be sent to: Aero Beauty Promotion, Stone House, High Street, Lane End, Bucks HP14 3ER.
NB. Nestle cannot honour payments if the booking process has not been adhered to.
If you have any problems or are unclear please only call the Salon Helpline on 0870 446 0457.

So how much does each treatment represent in monetary terms? Are we going to get reimbursed and if so, how many are we supposed to do? ie is there a maximum we do? I have had 5 more bookings today.

well I think we are all a bit confused about this!!!

when we applied for it we were asked to provide 3 x 15 minute taster treatments for free.

perhaps the reimbursement is for treatments OVER the 3?

Does anybody actually know how this Aero promo is supposed to work? I would be hard on doing a bunch of free treatments not knowing how or when I was going to be re-inbursed, if at all :eek:

wow I sounded like a real Yorkshire Lass when I read that back! :lol:

on the voucher apparantly it says you must be over 18 for these treatments, but i had a lady ring yesterday who's 3 teenage daughters got these eggs for easter and wanted to book them in (she also wanted to book in for 2 of their proms in june as well) has anyone else had any under 18's

Hi Nicky,

I've had a 17 year old book in. TBH i didn't want to say no as she's coming with her mum, and I would normally treat a 17 year old anyway. They're covered by my insurance. I didn't know about the over 18 restriction until she asked if it was a problem... then I phoned the helpline and the message states quite clearly that clients must be over 18. I'm not sure why though!

well at the end of the day, you are getting a free advert, and the chance of upgrading the treatment. You also have the client's details and can add to your mailing list, thus hoping to make them a more permenant client.

They have really publicised this, so its cool knowing that you are part of this.

I personally don't find it a hardship fitting a few free 15 minute treatments in, but can imagine that it would be a pain if you were a busy/established salon.

Does anybody actually know how this Aero promo is supposed to work? I would be hard on doing a bunch of free treatments not knowing how or when I was going to be re-inbursed, if at all
hippy-chick said:
well at the end of the day, you are getting a free advert, and the chance of upgrading the treatment. You also have the client's details and can add to your mailing list, thus hoping to make them a more permenant client.
I thought the same - free advertising is worth the cost of the treatments. about 50% of my bookings have upgraded too, i had one DNA today which was a freebie, and two of my clients today had upgraded and one has rebooked, so it's been profitable for me already. I'd be intrigued about the whole "payment over three taster" bits though - but i'm a cheeky monkey!! i want clients and money!! lol!!

I thought the same - free advertising is worth the cost of the treatments. about 50% of my bookings have upgraded too, i had one DNA today which was a freebie, and two of my clients today had upgraded and one has rebooked, so it's been profitable for me already. I'd be intrigued about the whole "payment over three taster" bits though - but i'm a cheeky monkey!! i want clients and money!! lol!!

I don't blame you - that's how it should be!:)

tbh, im not in it for the money, id didnt realise there was an money involved i thought it was an advertsing thing, and as a new business it is all help i need lol

but i was under the impression ot was as many as we got , not the 3 that soem seem to be thinking? seems we are all very confused about this?

im just concerned about the under 18 thing now

hopefully someone will get back to me about it soon x

tbh, im not in it for the money, id didnt realise there was an money involved i thought it was an advertsing thing, and as a new business it is all help i need lol

but i was under the impression ot was as many as we got , not the 3 that soem seem to be thinking? seems we are all very confused about this?

im just concerned about the under 18 thing now

hopefully someone will get back to me about it soon x

Surely it's up to the individual salon on whether they accept under 18's? There is NO WAY I would turn away a 14, 15, 16, 17 yr old with their mums who wanted a mani / pedi - crazy!! If you are insured iy should be fine surely?? BTW the Guild of Beauty Therapist do an excellent Insurance policy if you don't have one!

I do have my insurance with them Sam:)

but I have just recieved an email telling me that under the terms and conditions i will have to turn away any under 18's. to be honest the lady who rang me yesterday, was ready to book her girls in for prom stuff too, so tbh if she is gonna book that while they are there, i might just do the 3 girls a little taster treatment anyway, foc, just because i need the advertising, and she's in an area i aint sent flyers to yet, so word of mouth might be good,

I worried now as the lady who booked for next week, said one for her and one for her daughter and they both had vouchers, now i'm gonna have to ring and ask how old the daughter is, and then refuse her the treatment if she's under 18, problem is i think most of these eggs will have been bought for teengaers wont they?

why cant anything be easy eh :mad:

I do have my insurance with them Sam:)

but I have just recieved an email telling me that under the terms and conditions i will have to turn away any under 18's. to be honest the lady who rang me yesterday, was ready to book her girls in for prom stuff too, so tbh if she is gonna book that while they are there, i might just do the 3 girls a little taster treatment anyway, foc, just because i need the advertising, and she's in an area i aint sent flyers to yet, so word of mouth might be good,

I worried now as the lady who booked for next week, said one for her and one for her daughter and they both had vouchers, now i'm gonna have to ring and ask how old the daughter is, and then refuse her the treatment if she's under 18, problem is i think most of these eggs will have been bought for teengaers wont they?

why cant anything be easy eh :mad:
I would use my own discretion and still do the treatment, she is coming with her mum so i don't see it as a problem,
the mum is happy for you to treat her daughter and you are capable so go for it hun,

as for the 3x free treatments, it is all very well for Nestle to say this but when there are 1000s of these vouchers up and down the country and we are getting lots more than 3 calls, we would be upsetting an awful lot of people and getting ourselves and our businesses a bad reputation by refusing to honour the vouchers,
i look at it as it costs very little to get the client into the salon and give them the free treatment while charming the pants off them to try and get them to rebook,
much cheaper than an advertisement and a perfect personal touch too :hug:

totally agree louby.

it is a marketing exercise after all, to me its an opportunity of getting new customers. The 2 that I did the other day were lovely, they had travelled a long way to come to me. I've got their email addresses and permission to send them my info.

I have another lined up, and she has upgraded, I told her that she can just have the free treatment and that their isn't any catch but she seems happy.

the feedback that I have had so far, is that I am getting the enquiries over other places because I have a website and they can see what they are signing up for.

I also think people are scared that their is a catch.

I'm off to Tescos today to see if they have any eggs left as I wouldn't mind signing up for a few treatments myself, and give me the opportunity to do some 'secret shopping'.

Hopefully this will be good news for you all..................................

I spoke with the helpline a couple of weeks ago and asked why we needed to send the vouchers in. The reply was that we got paid £10 per voucher!!!

I've not seen this anywhere in writing at any stage of signing up etc but that's what I was told!!! So hang on to those vouchers fellow geeks!

Regarding the no under 18's - I spoke to a mum who was really disappointed that her 11 year old couldn't have a mini manicure so I suggested she used the voucher for herself and I would do a file and polish for her daughter for £5!!!. Result - One very happy potential new client.

I've received about 6 phone calls so far but everyone seemed to think they would be receiving a full treatment - I've explained 15 minute treatment only but that they could upgrade. I've produced a nice little letter explaining everything and send them that with a price list - hopefully they will pay for the upgrade element and I'll still get £10 from Nestle/Aero!!!:lol:

Claire-Bear

I've got a couple of the vouchers and it doesn't say anywhere that it is a 15-20 minute treatment. It just says a "free beauty treatment" - which is what is misleading the clients.

I've had three of these, and i've got another three this week, and then another thee after that..... bring on the tenners i say!! woohoo!!

I've got a couple of the vouchers and it doesn't say anywhere that it is a 15-20 minute treatment. It just says a "free beauty treatment" - which is what is misleading the clients.

I've had three of these, and i've got another three this week, and then another thee after that..... bring on the tenners i say!! woohoo!!

I noticed it didn't say how long the treatment was on the vouchers either! Neither Haydn nor Dexter are interested in beauty treatments oddly enough :lol: so I nabbed them to look at. I wont be usingt hem though!

I've seen one of the vouchers for sale on eBay!!!! :rolleyes:

I've seen one of the vouchers for sale on eBay!!!! :rolleyes:

OMG are you serious????????? that si just too much!! Samtold me they even sell Air Guitars on eBay!! :lol:

oh yes Sam, they will sell anything on Ebay :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back