Anybody used Louise Walsh International make-up brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi - I have been reading through the comments of everyone about their Groupon purchases of the Louise Walsh make-up brush set. I have been waiting since 23 August and am getting no-where with Groupon, Louise Walsh contact number goes continuously through to voicemail and am at a loss.

Does anyone have an email address for the company Louise Walsh International?

When I spoke to Groupon they said they should arrive and I should sit tight... not really good enough too be honest!!!

So annoying... just want my money back now.

Becks:cry:

Look above at the sample letter I wrote to Groupon. It needs to be sent Recorded delivery. They have breached Distance Selling Regulations 2000 you can demand a refund from Groupon. They took your money.

Has anybody seen the new make up brushes on the national groupon today??

Don't no weather to give them ago or not.

X

Yes I did see them! And have purchesed them even tho I see errors in it already. But I know what im getting myself in for and it to save everybody else making the mistakes =]
As soon as I grt them I will tell you all about them ok =]

I'm feeling slight confused. I have had no problem with groupon getting my money back for Louise Walsh brushes.

I emailed them yesterday and hav received a full refund today.

Hope all you that are still waiting are sorted out soon tho. Hugs

Xx

Finally got my refund and make up brushes and OMG they are appalling. I cannot believe Louise Walsh would put her name to these. Keep at the refunds girls for those that are waiting. I saw the new brushes from Channel Goods but I don't think I could put myself through that again.:idea: Let us know if they are any good KlayerD. Am going to treat myself to an expensive, good set of brushes for my christmas. :)

Hi everyone! Just received my Brushes today, after over 6 weeks! Was so excited about getting them, and OMG was I in for a shock?!! Bad quality brushes, not worth the £19 I paid never mind £99.99! Terrible terrible quality! Am so upset. They are exactly like the Fraulein38 brushes except without the writing. Cannot believe it!! WOULD NOT RECOMMEND :rolleyes::!::!:

I've heard nothing but bad news with these brushes, and have to say I nearly bought them myself until I googled her (because I'd never heard of her) and louie Walsh from the X Factor came up! That said it all for me I'm afraid. I also found it hard to believe a 'credible' MUA would want to be associated with Groupon, and if those brushes really are worth £99 (which I highly doubt) then she'd would be making absolutely no money from this offer as Groupon take 50% of the cut

I never buy anything from Groupon anymore, too dodgy for my liking

I received my brushes on Wednesday 19th October; after receiving an email from Groupon a couple of weeks ago informing me that there has been a delay with the brushes in Germany.

When I received my brushes, the package had a UK stamp on it with a date; 17/11/11. This made me suspicious as to whether the brushes were in the UK the whole time and it took them this long to post them or they were exported from a different country/German to the UK and then packaged and posted?

I was a little disappointed with the quality of these brushes. Not what I expected! It was also my first time buying off Groupon and after looking at reviews for these brushes, I realized that they are not "top notch" at all.

The brushes are very light weight and sheds; especially the black bristle brushes. Very poor quality! The "leather" pouch is also very cheap looking and to touch. I have read that some brushes have been poorly packed, causing damage to the bristles, thankfully mine were OK, however the stitching on the pouch which separates the little pockets for each brush is badly done. In one of mine, it isn't even stitched down!

I have never owned a make up brush set before and thought this was a good deal when I saw it on Groupon. Although these brushes are very poor in every way, I will use them (Haven't so far), just to experiment with different brushes.

I would say these brushes are good if you are looking for VERY cheap alternatives and not so serious about make up tools.

One downside I have found is that the brushes are not labelled and have no indication of what type of brush they are; as I am new to make up brushes, it would have been very useful to include a guide of some sort with it.

All in all, I wouldn't recommend.

I received my brushes after about 7 weeks - horrendous is an understatement .. No way worth £99 , cheap and naff ! I've not even bothered to use them yet. However I emailed groupon about this saying I knew they were having alot of people complain and that i want a refund. After getting no reply from LW , groupon apologised and said they would refund me . After checking my bank statement they seem to only have refunded £13 ??
I still have the brushes too but barely worth £6 either .
I hope the other brush sets on LW are not o the same quality .
As for the channel brushes - were they hoping people might misread for Chanel ??? Lol

I ordered my brushes on 12th September, and yes you guessed it they have not arrived. I e-mailed Groupon awhile ago saying that according to trading standards if goods have not arrived after 30 days I am entitled to a refund. I am now being told they have contacted Louise Walsh who in turn will get in touch with me to confirm my order cancellation - In 3 - 5 days. After no contact from Louise Walsh and another e-mail to Groupon I am being told to wait another 3-5 days for contact........ My patience is wearing very thin with the poor women who is in e-mail contact with me from Groupon! Very polite and helpful - however, surely it's their responbility to refund me after offering offers with useless companies! Oh so angry.... any suggestions of what to do now? Thanks!

Just to let you all know that I had a email from trading standards as i had a make up and hair course through groupon which i was not happy with but the email says this
" Further to your earlier email about your experience
with Groupon, it has come to my attention that the Sunday Mercury are
making enquiries about them. It may be worth you contacting the newspaper
to let them know of your experience"
Thought you all may want to contact them

I recently received my Louise Walsh make up brushes that I purchased on Groupon BUYER BEWARE they are toatally cheap and nasty. I purchased three sets as my friends were smitten by the offer and now we cant get our money back because they are totally ignoring me. You wonder how they get away with this, the brush set is so terrible that I would resent paying 99p for it. Sick of being scammed, time to fight back...
Don't want anyone else to waste time and money on Louise Walsh CRAP

hey guys,

I ordered those brushes off groupon also and still have not recieved them and I thinks it been about 6 weeks, im so gutted at all the reports as i ordered 3. 1 for myself and 2 as christmas gifts, but from the sounds of it i'd be embarrassing myself by giving these as gifts. Has absolutely everyone who has recieved their brushes been dissatisfied? Im wondering whether to wait and see if i like them or just email groupon for a re-fund. Also, for those of you who have recieved them and been dissatisfied, was everyone ok in getting refunds? Any information anyone could give me would be super helpful as £57 is a lot of money to me at th mo. Also any tips any one could give me on how best to get my refund (ie. who to contact) would be amazing.

Thanks

xxxxxx

I actually received my brushes yesterday! The case is pretty cheapish looking but not bad, it was advertised as 'letherette' or some similar wording for fake leather - so wasn't expecting much anyway. The actual brushes didn't appear dirty as others have mentioned... But noway are they worth £99 !

Upon first inspection they seemed soft and actually better than what I was expecting after reading alot of bad reviews. (I use smashbox brushes usually). One brush decided to shed quite a few hairs after me tugging at it but the others seem fine, however, I have yet to use them. The main thing that bothers me is the fact that there is no name/brand on the handle or anywhere on the pouch I think this really cheapens the overall look.

I'm not sure whether they sent different sets out as a previous post mentioned 'black bristles' whereas mine are all browny/orange. I'm going to keep them mainly because I can't be bothered to argue with Groupon anymore! And will live by - If a deal looks too good to be true it usually is!

Well guess what ladies. I got my refund from groupon weeks ago and never thought any more about it.

And what happens this weekend...

The brushes are delivered. Mine see
Fine and have a good range of brushes. No foundation brush tho.

I would not of been happy if I had pod £20 for these but seeing as there free I'll keep them.

Finally received my crappy brushes! not worth £19 let alone £99!

Tried to get a refund from Groupon but they said I have to contact Louise Walsh!

Won't be buying anything like this again from Groupon :evil:

I also waited ages for 2 sets of these brushes for Xmas presents but after reading how awful they were I asked Groupon for a refund which they agreed to.But then they arrived & Groupon gave me an email address to apply to Louise Walsh themselves which i have done repeatedly but had no response. I'm now stuck with them & won't risk giving them as presents, as well as being £38 down. Has anyone been successful in getting a return address from Louise Walsh?

Today I received info from Groupon Customer Services apologising for the delay, and giving me a return address and a returns form. So if anyone else out there would like to return their brushes and get a refund, i will gladly pass on the info (i suggest you let Groupon know what you're doing as they will make the refund once you've had acknowledgement of receipt of goods from Louise Walsh.)
So the brushes are one their way...now I'm just waiting for the refund!

Latest posts

Back