Anybody used Louise Walsh International make-up brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Some good news. I received a response back from groupon on 23rd Sept saying they would give me a full refund on the 2 sets of brushes i ordered. It had been over a month (21st Aug- originally ordered) and i had never received the stupid brushes. It took at least 6 emails to them. I had already contacted watchdog. I am now in the process of trying to get money back for a different deal that i had never been able to cash as the company had no appointments left. Groupon told me i could only have a groupon credit back for the £39.95, they still haven't even done that yet. The latest response is "we have no record of offering this, could you please send us the time and date the email was sent". Its been over 2 weeks. Once i finally get this sorted out, i will be deleting my account with groupon. I really think that watchdog and trading standards need to look into this Louise Walsh International and groupon has a responsibility to stop advertising that company.

All those still trying to get your money back for the Louise Walsh International brushes, keep emailing groupon and contact watchdog. It just may be the thing that makes them give you the full refund on to your card instead of fobbing you off with more delays.

So I contacted Group On as they told me to......

They told me my brushes on are the way!

Seems they have been giving out my email details to people.

Guys, the thing that worrys me is that she is selling makeup on groupon too for £99. If the brushes werre of such crappy quality imagin the makeup. Its just shudder worthie.

I wrote a huge blog post about them so hopefully my readers will be more aware of whats going on with this scam.

and for all you ladies keep trying for your refunds, i got mine no problem with not having to send them back. Just make sure you keep stating you want a full refund!

Well after emailing [email protected] and getting a quick response 1st time round, have e-mailed again asking for my full refund and still waiting on the reply. Phoned this morning and I've now been asked as I've redemmed my voucher to e-mail [email protected] Seriously it just gets worse. I have a horrible feeling that this isn't the right e-mail address, I'm sure he said something else and before I had time to clarify, he put the bloody phone down on me :twisted:

I'm so glad to have found this site, I too ordered the make up brushes in August and have not received them, not that I want them now after reading everyones reviews. I emailed groupon today and got a reply within 15 mins stating a new batch is being delivered and to be patient!!! X

I have finally got my refund from Groupon. For all those of you who are trying to get a refund you need to send a letter to Groupon, recorded delivery stating.........

To Whom it may concern.....

Consumer Protection, Distance Selling Regulations 2000.

Stat the facts, when you purchased, what you ordered, the expected delivery, the reference and order number.

Then... I wish to cancel this order with immediate effect and request you credit my (paypal, credit card, debit card) with the full amount.

I got this information from Trading Standards and they acted immediately.

I have now unsubscribed to Groupon, absolutely disgusting customer service and I would never deal with them again.

Good luck ladies, hope you are all successful.

PS I had the phone put down on me too, better to just write rather than mess about.

The address to send the letter is Groupon Uk, 1 Liverpool Street, London EC2M 7QD

Hi everyone, I'm so grateful I read all these posts. I've been waiting on for my louise walsh brushes to arrive since the 30th August!!! I read on the website that they have had an overwhelming demand and that there would be delays so decided to wait.

This morning I thought I would look on the internet and see if their had been any reviews on the brushes, must have had a gut feeling and then came across this thread. I looked up the trading standards policy and realised that as it has taken them over 30 days to deliver the good I'm entitled to a refund. Luckily I have a book called 160 letters that get results and I was planning on writing them using one of their templates. I decided to ring them whilst I was reading through my rights and got through to someone after 25 minutes and I told them how unhappy I was with the service and that I was in the process of contacting trading standards, watchdog etc. They said they would refund my account in the next 5 working days!!

I am appalled at the service and have decided that if the offer is too good to be true then often it is. I will be un-subscribing to Groupon as off today and will be checking to see if the money is refunded by Friday.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you all get your refunds. BTW I still will be contacting watchdog.

I have finally got my refund from Groupon. For all those of you who are trying to get a refund you need to send a letter to Groupon, recorded delivery stating.........

To Whom it may concern.....

Consumer Protection, Distance Selling Regulations 2000.

Stat the facts, when you purchased, what you ordered, the expected delivery, the reference and order number.

Then... I wish to cancel this order with immediate effect and request you credit my (paypal, credit card, debit card) with the full amount.

I got this information from Trading Standards and they acted immediately.

I have now unsubscribed to Groupon, absolutely disgusting customer service and I would never deal with them again.

Good luck ladies, hope you are all successful.

PS I had the phone put down on me too, better to just write rather than mess about.

The address to send the letter is Groupon Uk, 1 Liverpool Street, London EC2M 7QD

I spoke to the ASA and the problem is that Groupon just sells a voucher which apparently is just an exchange for money. SO Louise Walsh is responsible for sending the product as this was ordered with them they have to get it delivered within 28days. So even though the money was paid to Groupon, Louise Walsh are the ones providing the service, or in this case the product.

Next I asked was it Groupons responsibility to vet the company? As Groupon is not a review site thats not really the case. When i couldnt get through to Louise Walsh Groupon did try and help me track it down but in the end i took a refund which they didnt argue about. So this was actually more than they had to do. Also after researching more, Louise Walsh has done the same deal with other voucher websites, so it really makes me think that she has just taken on too much. I doubt any of the discount website knew she was doing that.

All in all I cant fault groupon except for doing the stupid deal with them. All the other vouchers ive bought with them have been fine. except the product deals, i think they should stick to what they know!

i just cant believe that Louise walsh is so hard to speak to!!

My contract was with Groupon, they sold the voucher, they took my money, as far as Trading Standards and I are concerned, it was Groupon's responsibilty to refund me.

I will never have anymore dealings with Groupon now I have my refund.

Hi, I have joined Salon Geek just for this thread. I also fell for this scam and now I can't get my money back from Groupon. After sending what feels like a million emails Groupon stopped replying to them so I finally called them, after holding for over 10 minutes the person I was speaking to cut me off! I am really angry and upset at being treated like this.

To those of you who got refunds, can I ask how? I mean what did you say to them to get your money back?

I am worried sick about this especially as I also need to get a refund for a scooter that never arrived which was £43. Groupon have a total of £62 of my money now that I need to get back.

I too have gone to the ASA, BBC's Watchdog and will be calling my local trading standards this afternoon. I even tried to email the London salon Louise has on her website.

Does anyone know if this woman even exists? I really am beginning to think the whole thing is just one big scam :sad:

Got my refund this morning after weeks of threatening them with watchdog and reporting them!

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Hi, I have joined Salon Geek just for this thread. I also fell for this scam and now I can't get my money back from Groupon. After sending what feels like a million emails Groupon stopped replying to them so I finally called them, after holding for over 10 minutes the person I was speaking to cut me off! I am really angry and upset at being treated like this.

To those of you who got refunds, can I ask how? I mean what did you say to them to get your money back?

I am worried sick about this especially as I also need to get a refund for a scooter that never arrived which was £43. Groupon have a total of £62 of my money now that I need to get back.

I too have gone to the ASA, BBC's Watchdog and will be calling my local trading standards this afternoon. I even tried to email the London salon Louise has on her website.

Does anyone know if this woman even exists? I really am beginning to think the whole thing is just one big scam :sad:

Hi, I'm in the same position as everyone else. When I ordered the brushes the website stated something about delays, so when I'd not recieved them immediately I just thought I'd wait a bit longer. Its been over a month now, so today I went on the Louise Walsh website and called the number provided. When I realised it was unmanned alarm bells began to ring. I found this thread and as I started reading through it I called groupon. I was on hold for at least ten minutes but got through to a quite helpful guy. I stated that it had been over a month since ordering, and that after googling the deal I have found reports of substandard product, with missing components, unhygienic (dirty) and that the website seems to have been set up just for this deal as none of the other products are actually available. I said I felt cheated and that I was prepared to go to trading standards and watchdog. He immediately offered me a refund, said he would cancel the order with Louise Walsh and then issue a full refund via my payment method. He then asked me what I had googled to get all these reports and he went online and started reading back to me the posts on this thread. He said he hadnt realised things were so bad. Either he just hasnt took many calls about it, or groupon havent been aware of/cared about the services and products they are endorsing.

I havent had the time to look into advertising standards, but surely if groupon are advertising a product to people then they are responsible for the accuracy of what they tell consumers? I know there are other regulation breaches regardless.

I'd say the same as I have and see how it goes. I have a feeling that groupon are aware they should issue a refund if the time lapsed is over a month.

Does anyone know if KGB and Living Social deals are linked to groupon? Just wondering because if they aren't I may just try them out in future.

There are good deals to be had, that said. I got the body shop vouchers and had no issue with them, I think it was 11quid for 30quids (my pound sign key isnt working argg!!) worth of products, and you could go right in store and redeem them. Maybe the key is to only accept the deals from reputable companies and well known brands that have a strong interest in protecting their brand image.

I hope everyone gets their money back.

sam :)

For VERYWORRIED.....

Please look back on Page 9 for my standard letter to Groupon. I was told to write this by Trading Standards, sending it by recorded delivery.

I received my refund almost immediately. They HAVE TO refund you in accordance with Distance Selling Regulations 2000. If you need help, pm me........

I'm in the process of receiving my refund from the original e-mail address [email protected]. I think the guy I spoke to on the phone couldn't be bothered to deal with my claim as the girl I have been corresponding with has been lovely. I've been firm, but polite in the e-mail and just stated the facts, I have had to wait way over the time period and in the meantime, have ordered good quality brushes. I've heard really bad reports about the brushes and as a reputable make up artist could not and would not use these on my clients. I have used groupon for various deals in the past and this is the 1st time I have EVER had an experience like this.

Good luck to everybody waiting on their refunds. I will let you know if my funds appear in my bank in the next 5 working days :D

I'm in the process of receiving my refund from the original e-mail address [email protected]. I think the guy I spoke to on the phone couldn't be bothered to deal with my claim as the girl I have been corresponding with has been lovely. I've been firm, but polite in the e-mail and just stated the facts, I have had to wait way over the time period and in the meantime, have ordered good quality brushes. I've heard really bad reports about the brushes and as a reputable make up artist could not and would not use these on my clients. I have used groupon for various deals in the past and this is the 1st time I have EVER had an experience like this.

Good luck to everybody waiting on their refunds. I will let you know if my funds appear in my bank in the next 5 working days :D

Glad you are finally getting your refund Lisa. What a shambles this offer has been !

for what its worth, I bought the voucher on 29th august, and then i found this thread saying that they weren't even good quality so on the 28th September, I emailed them saying I wasn't happy with the time it was taking and due to reading other peoples reviews I wanted a refund. They emailed me back 29th and said that I'd have to contact Louise Walsh I told them that and I quote "as trying to get a response from Louise Walsh is like watching a pig trying to fly - it isn't going to happen. Besides don't groupon take the money anyway? " BINGO, the next email said my refund was sent and my order cancelled! So they can actually cancel or whatever and do refunds. My refund was instant, no waiting around or trying to contact louise walsh, they took my money, so they gave it me back, simples. Hope this has helped anyone. By the way I didn't threaten them or anything just sent a short email twice instructing what I wanted and it was all done quick!

I haven't ordered the brushes myself, but i think an email or call to watchdog should be made. This is unreasonable and looks like a complete scam. Watchdog should be informed.

I hope everyone gets their money back.

Hi all

I must have had a gut feeling about receiving the above make up brushes. So many of you and myself. I ordered my brushes on the 29th August and still no post. I have emailed groupon 3 times now the 1st email was very prompt but the other 2 no reply. Anyway thanks for the geek who said about the Trading Standards web 30 day policy if not received money back. Well I have just phoned it took only a few minutes to get through to Groupon Customer Services and explained that I have not received my brushes, I have looked on Salon Geek and so many and I mean so many people have not received and those who have are disgusted with the poor quality etc etc. I said that I wanted a refund and she has now cancelled my order, she needs approval and then I should get a refund. If I haven't received an email I will be on the phone again.

So my advice to all of you is phone and cancel refund!

Hi - I have been reading through the comments of everyone about their Groupon purchases of the Louise Walsh make-up brush set. I have been waiting since 23 August and am getting no-where with Groupon, Louise Walsh contact number goes continuously through to voicemail and am at a loss.

Does anyone have an email address for the company Louise Walsh International?

When I spoke to Groupon they said they should arrive and I should sit tight... not really good enough too be honest!!!

So annoying... just want my money back now.

Becks:cry:

Latest posts

Back