Anybody used Louise Walsh International make-up brushes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Miffy,

The e mail is [email protected] I saw what you wrote.

I have had no satisfaction from Groupon so have taken the matter further......will keep you posted.

I have FINALLY gotten a refund. Should be in my account in 5 working days apparently.

Hi Miffy,

The e mail is [email protected] I saw what you wrote.

I have had no satisfaction from Groupon so have taken the matter further......will keep you posted.

Thanks Sunshinedoll, that's the address I used. Will see what tomorrow brings. My hubby's just given me one of those 'I told you so' looks. Don't you just HATE being made a mug of?!

Will keep you posted too.....

Finally Just received my brush set today from Louise Walsh International, after trying them out this evening, delighted was worth the wait.

Finally Just received my brush set today from Louise Walsh International, after trying them out this evening, delighted was worth the wait.

Call me suspicious but your first post on hear is about some brushes that no one has a good word to say about....glad you like them anyway! The majority don't and I for one am glad mine haven't turned up and that I'm getting my refund from Groupon

I have been following this thread from Start to finish; initially having seen that others had purchased, I decided to go for it... But since, because I have also not yet received my 'professional make up brushes.'

I have also been through a process of trying to get a refund from groupon, (and on a positive- they actually got back to me the same day), but they are only prepared to offer a groupon credit- which is only valid for 6months, but which they have assured me i can use toward a similar product should the deal come up! Yeah right!!!

To all those that received an actual refund back to your bank account; did you actually receive your brushes (I hadn't, but had just had enough!), and how long did you wait before you decided to get in touch and request a refund? (it had been 25 days of no brushes before I got in touch!)
What I am trying to determine, is if other groupon customers have been granted full refund under the same circumstances as mine, then why is the method of compensation so sporadic?!? I am now taking my case further with both watchdog, and trading standards... And anyone else who I can. I've also posted on my fb status to warn all my friends off of groupon, as I think it is disgusting how they can get away with it. I am also at a loss as to why a reputable person in the beauty industry would put her name to something so scandalous, maybe (and hopefully for her that is the case), maybe there is something more to it and she is completely oblivious!

Anyway- essay over! Good luck to the rest of you that are trying to claim!

Hi there Aspire2B,
I suggest you ring Trading Standards (Consumer Direct) on 0845 4040506 and they will guide you through the complaint procedure. You are entitled to a full refund as the Distance Selling Regulations have been breached. I have done this and have now been offered a full refund, not a credit note, a FULL refund. I did not receive my brushes which were ordered over a month ago. The order has now been cancelled with Louise Walsh Intl.

As soon as my refund appears on my card I will unsubscribe from Groupon.

oh dear,......... i cant say im suprised by this one bit...... the lady selling these brushes does not have a good name within our industry so i wouldnt go near anything associated with her. Unfortunately not everyone knows this and has found out the hard way!........ I really hope you all get your money back. Things like this just make your blood boil..... you should definately all contact trading standards, otherwise these companies will just keep getting away with it! xx

oh dear,......... i cant say im suprised by this one bit...... the lady selling these brushes does not have a good name within our industry so i wouldnt go near anything associated with her. Unfortunately not everyone knows this and has found out the hard way!........ I really hope you all get your money back. Things like this just make your blood boil..... you should definately all contact trading standards, otherwise these companies will just keep getting away with it! xx

I guess I was naive.....I was purchasing the brushes for my daughter as a surprise, she has always wanted a really decent set and I thought this was it. Ah well, I will stick to looking in the shops now !

So glad I found this forum!
I ordered mine two weeks ago and heard on Twitter about the missing brushes etc. Have now emailed Groupon, asking to cancel my order and get a refund, might call them if I don't hear anything in a couple of days. A little worried that I paid by debit card, have had Groupon put refund me in Groupon credit before (after another mess up on another offer!) so after this do not want to use them again! Can't believe they're offering these 'brushes' still when they've clearly had a lot of complaints!

I'm absolutely fuming, and reading all your posts have just made me worse, good to know I'm not the only one severely let down by Groupon! I will be writing to Trading Standards and Watchdog if this doesn't get resolved. The more complaints they have the more likely something will be done about this awful service!

I did report them to Trading Standards.....my refund should come onto my card in 5 working days too !

My brushes never arrived over 4 weeks after ordering......

They're still advertising them there on offer in Plymouth today! A friend was going to buy them but Luckily I'd seen this thread so was able to warn her.

I just can't believe even after all the problems they are still advocating them! X

I also bought these brushes and was gutted when they turned up! No way are they worth £99! They look like someone's chopped the end off the bristles with scissors, I had to throw one away as half of the bristles were stuck together, most of them are covered in glue, and they look cheap!

I'm going to keep (some of them) for myself and check out ELF!

I don't think it's groupons fault tho, I do think you take a bit of a chance with these things. Other deals I've bought have been great.

Well done to those who got refunds though, I didn't even think to do that!

Another day full of calls, emails and complaints asking about brushes from Louise Walsh International. Although I share the same name and am a make up artist I am NOT associated with Louise Walsh International. I am based in the East and she is based in the West. I have contacted Group On to complain who said they would sort things out - Hope this does not damage my business
louisewalsh.net too much.

Thanks to all the people who give me abuse me when I direct them to her website who still think I am her!

Hope you all get your brushes soon or at least a refund.

Oh no, that's awful! I hope for your sake the whole thing goes away very soon!

I have been following this thread from Start to finish; initially having seen that others had purchased, I decided to go for it... But since, because I have also not yet received my 'professional make up brushes.'

I have also been through a process of trying to get a refund from groupon, (and on a positive- they actually got back to me the same day), but they are only prepared to offer a groupon credit- which is only valid for 6months, but which they have assured me i can use toward a similar product should the deal come up! Yeah right!!!

To all those that received an actual refund back to your bank account; did you actually receive your brushes (I hadn't, but had just had enough!), and how long did you wait before you decided to get in touch and request a refund? (it had been 25 days of no brushes before I got in touch!)
What I am trying to determine, is if other groupon customers have been granted full refund under the same circumstances as mine, then why is the method of compensation so sporadic?!? I am now taking my case further with both watchdog, and trading standards... And anyone else who I can. I've also posted on my fb status to warn all my friends off of groupon, as I think it is disgusting how they can get away with it. I am also at a loss as to why a reputable person in the beauty industry would put her name to something so scandalous, maybe (and hopefully for her that is the case), maybe there is something more to it and she is completely oblivious!

Anyway- essay over! Good luck to the rest of you that are trying to claim!

Hey, I received my brushes but emailed them saying they were disgusting quality. For some reason, the woman emailed me back saying sorry to hear you haven't received them, etc. etc. and said she could only refund once I cancelled with Louise Walsh, so I told her in no uncertain terms that there is no way of contacting Louise Walsh, and asked her why the service has so many discrepancies when others are being offered refunds and others are not. The cash refund just appeared in my bank today. My advice is to keep on at them and they'll cave eventually.

Posted on Group On Facebook page today and they asked me to get in touch to try and sort this out. As they told me 14 days ago they were going to sort it out fingers crossed they might do something this time.

Seems they have been giving people my email address and not the one for Louise Walsh International.

Hope it all goes away soon and people get refunds etc.

Posted on Group On Facebook page today and they asked me to get in touch to try and sort this out. As they told me 14 days ago they were going to sort it out fingers crossed they might do something this time.

Seems they have been giving people my email address and not the one for Louise Walsh International.

How awful for you, hope it gets cleared up sonn and doesn't effet your business.

Annie

Oh goodness, how awful for you!! What a coincidence too! Hope it doesn't affect your business.

latest update is a very apologetic email from Groupon who say I have to contact Louise Walsh Int via the link they gave me to cancel the order. I did this and cc'd Groupon. They said they will then give me a refund. I'll let you know what happens.

Oh goodness, how awful for you!! What a coincidence too! Hope it doesn't affect your business.

latest update is a very apologetic email from Groupon who say I have to contact Louise Walsh Int via the link they gave me to cancel the order. I did this and cc'd Groupon. They said they will then give me a refund. I'll let you know what happens.

Do you have that link to hand- i am going to see if I can try that if possible. I have tried phoning the number but that's useless... Groupon are digging their heels on this and I am determined to keep on their backs until I get a refund (and not groupon vouchers!!!)

I saw your post (Louise Walsh- the nice one :0) ) on groupon! I've made comments on that fb page too... Funny how pretty much EVERY post seems to be a complaint - not good for them! I've busied myself writing reviews on as many sites as poss to try and discourage any other unsuspecting people from using them!

Ooh, and thanks to other posters for your advice; I've contacted trading standards- and the advertising standards authority, although I'm not sure this is under their jurisdiction but worth a try!!! Debating a facebook group rubbishing them now (lol!!)

Latest posts

Back