Beauty room @ home thoughts?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkpidge

Reaction score
Hi guys

Would like to get an opinion on beauty from home. I currently work full time as a waxing therapist male/female in a beauty salon. I'm qualified level 2&3 and also reflexology and a few other things.

Iv been considering a beauty room but with no client base and the fact that rent needs paying it's a scary thought, I have children so need an income.

I was considering setting up slowly from home, however I don't have a spare room but i do have a lovely conseverty that we never use for anything. Would this be a sensible option for me? If a client came they would have to enter the front door and come through living room to the cinsevetry as I have no access at the side due to garage. Do you think new clients would mind this? It's very private with blinds ect and of course I would only be working whilst the house was empty. What do people think ? Is this an option for me ? Thanks xxx

That's a tricky one.

For me as a client, I'd be happy with that set up if I was going to get my nails done. But taking my clothes off in a conservatory just off a living room - not a chance.

I think when you're working from home doing something like massage or waxing or any kind of treatment that involves the client getting undressed, your set up/room needs to be as private and professional as a proper salon. It's not like doing nails where you can get away with using a corner of the dining room or something.

How new is the conservatory? Mine is boiling in summer and freezing in winter. Do you have air conditioning in there?

Hiii thanks for reply. Yeah it's completely comfortable. This was what I was worried about a privacy issue, although I will be working hours when I'm home alone but considered this may not be comfortable for clients (maybe wondering if someone might nip in) on the other hand, is coming to someone home offering more of a private service. I'm so torn! Wish I had a spare room xxx

I have a summer house converted at home however use a separate entrance
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1490713613.910821.jpg

Aw that looks lovely. I would still have the problem of having to use house as entry. As I have. Garage on side xxx

Thank you! My reason was mainly as I have 3 children (ages 7, 6 & 2) they would not leave me to work if i was in the house.

Yeah I have kids too but was going to work hours whilst they are not there! I'd love to rent a room xxxx

Lol i dont blame you my youngest only dies 2 days at playgroup so i also do evenings when hubbys home & kids in bed i would love to rent a room but also like tge very low overheads

Latest posts

Back