Becoming over familiar in business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha ha ha.... the next post or thread from me will be "Does money make you happy?" Now that will have people jumping up and down and arguing, that's for sure! :eek:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Agreed but if you child was brainy you would send them to a more challenging school, they are all private but some children if there is not a suitable autistic school in the area the council pays the parent's fee. You don't start reading til your seven and then do gardening and hippy stuff!

Yep and they worship knomes lol

When we all leave this world and return to our maker do any of you think it will matter one little bit whether we went to private schools or called people hun, sweetie or babe? I don't think so! Need to get things into perspective here!

It's nothing special! My local chippy has an ex pupil some of a brother friends have been inside. One is a gas fitter, one a welder, my two brothers are PHDs. There are plenty noveau riche builders kids in the private system too, it's good but nothing beats good genes lol! Kidding. Seriously though the other person posting might have go e to stieners which is for thick rich kids and have no entrance exam. The local council help towards it also if your autistic! Let not forget all the army childrens kids with their tax payer's funded boarding school education, not for squadies kids of course commissioned officers!

Actually your wrong,

As you put it "squadies" children also get boarding school allowance, and so WE should.

When we all leave this world and return to our maker do any of you think it will matter one little bit whether we went to private schools or called people hun, sweetie or babe? I don't think so! Need to get things into perspective here!

Ha ha ha..... I'm sure nothing matters when we've passed (but as we don't know what happens ...who is to say) ... but right now I'm still here.... I'm glad I went to private school, I'm glad I worked hard, I'm glad I have a good lifestyle, I'm glad I have a lovely family, I'm glad I can choose if I want to work or not. ..... and I'm even more grateful to those that don't call me babe or hun when I go and have my beauty treatments or hair cut! I have everything I want in perfect perspective......

Actually your wrong,

As you put it "squadies" children also get boarding school allowance, and so WE should.

Is this new? I thought they just chucked them into the local primary in the area, (certainly were using the local school last I heard) while my next door neighbours two children board at Fettes at £22k per year per child all cause their father (divorced now from the mother) is an officer in the RAF personally think it is very elitist thinking and bright kids regardless of ranking in the army should be given the opportunity. Do you not remember John Prescott complaining about why only officer's children go to posh school? I struggle to think the army would pay £22k a year for all army personnel children each when some of their lower ranks are not even earning that much. Out of interest what is your allowance and is there a sliding scale, I honestly haven't heard of it before that all.

Is this new? I thought they just chucked them into the local primary in the area, (certainly were using the local school last I heard) while my next door neighbours two children board at Fettes at £22k per year per child all cause their father (divorced now from the mother) is an officer in the RAF personally think it is very elitist thinking and bright kids regardless of ranking in the army should be given the opportunity. Do you not remember John Prescott complaining about why only officer's children go to posh school? I struggle to think the army would pay £22k a year for all army personnel children each when some of their lower ranks are not even earning that much. Out of interest what is your allowance and is there a sliding scale, I honestly haven't heard of it before that all.

My children are using a local school just now not the same school that the majority of the kids use. I'm not sure when it got brought in as my children are still too young but certainly not recently my friends son has just finished at QV and her youngest is at dollar.

I certainly don't think its rank related I believe it's a standard allowance but I also believe they do not pay the full amount, maybe school dependant

I wasn't aware if you were divorced or living married unaccompanied it was possible to get the funding that sounds fishy to me but I will certainly find out, it's there to give the children stability whilst families are moved around. RAF may be different to army.

I get very defensive when "civi's" presume that officers are a better breed
Who teaches the officers at sandhurst and infantry battle school?

Our children are living the same lives and should be treated the same regardless of what rank their dad is.

Last edited:
Private school always was a luxury, usually aimed at high earners who spent copious amounts of money per term. High ranking officers would have family privileges through doing the jobs they had. .. Why should people who aren't high earners or who don't have family privileges have the opportunity to send their children to boarding school when we have to work hard or be extra intelligent to achieve this for our children.. I'd be mortified if I paid for my children to go to private school and Miss Dvanvhieftydrttfwhomunchoo who had never worked a day in her life and had six kids by her two uncles and four brothers was stood next to me in the enrolment queue!

Does anyone think this thread has gone off topic slightly?

My children are using a local school just now not the same school that the majority of the kids use. I'm not sure when it got brought in as my children are still too young but certainly not recently my friends son has just finished at QV and her youngest is at dollar.

I think it's dependant on the school to be honest it's something we need to look into this year,

I wasn't aware if you were divorced or living married unaccompanied it was possible to get the funding that sounds fishy to me but I will certainly find out, it's there to give the children stability whilst families are moved around. RAF may be different to army.

I get very defensive when "civi's" presume that officers are a better breed
Who teaches the officers at sandhurst and infantry battle school?

Our children are living the same lives and should be treated the same regardless of what rank their dad is.

In all seriousness to this post I went to boarding school with many children that parents were from the forces. .. and from all over the world. . The majority were Chinese ... and they were evil.. they used to force you to the floor and squeeze fish oil tablets in your mouth until you were sick...I got them back though by sewing up their uniforms so they were late in the morning for breakfast and would have to sit in the library writing the Bible at the weekend .. they never did it again. Lol.

Private school always was a luxury, usually aimed at high earners who spent copious amounts of money per term. High ranking officers would have family privileges through doing the jobs they had. .. Why should people who aren't high earners or who have privileges have the opportunity to send their children to boarding school when we have to work hard or be extra intelligent to achieve this for our children.. I'd be mortified if I paid for my children to go to private school and Miss Dvanvhieftydrttfwho who had never worked a day in her life and had six kids by her two uncles and four brothers was stood next to me in the enrolment queue!

An officer may get paid a lot more than let's say a jock, but their children live the same lives, possibly getting moved every two years,

So why should an officer who can afford to send their child to board get the allowance but the jock who can't afford to send their child not?

Our men and women who fight for our country to keep YOU safe deserve to be able to provide their children with a decent stable education wither that be with an allowance or decent wages!

In all seriousness to this post I went to boarding school with many children that parents were from the forces. .. and from all over the world. . The majority were Chinese ... and they were evil.. they used to force you to the floor and squeeze fish oil tablets in your mouth until you were sick...I got them back though by sewing up their uniforms so they were late in the morning for breakfast and would have to sit in the library writing the Bible at the weekend .. they never did it again. Lol.

Who was evil all the Chinese and forces kids?

Oh dear me... I got to page 5 and was too horrified to read any further!!! What a lot of point scoring, back biting and just plain meanness!

I am a hair geek, not long in the business (3 years) and I think as professional people, I think we know our own markets, and clients!!! If a young girl came to me on a Friday evening buzzing about a night out, chatting about her outfit... I'd call her hon, or honey or wee love. But if a lady came in on a Monday morning for a shampoo and set, I'd call her mrs smith... It whatever. You adapt and adjust to your clients, and you get vibes and rapours from them!!! At the end of the day my job, is to make them look and feel like a million dollars- and if that's by calling them honey or mrs smith... Well that's something I am capable of deciding as an adult and a professional. I do a fair bit of work in nursing homes, and care homes, and I find I more often than not revert to my darling, or honey, or some other gentle pet name. Others I would never dream of referring to in that manner. I am professional! I get cards, and thank yous from family and from the residents in the homes all the time, for being personable, patient and kind to the residents!!!

If you don't like pet names then grand, it obv works well for you. If someone else does, and it works for them, great! What's the problem!!! Lets all just chill out and respect different ways of working, living, and get on with it!!!

Well things just got even more perculiar and slightly judgemental......can't call a race on one personal bad experience now can we!?

I think this thread may be one of those that morphs into an entirely different thread, nothing to do with the original "Thought provoking" topic.

Does anyone think this thread has gone off topic slightly?

I'm beginning to think Katie Hopkins is lurking!

Sorry if I took it off topic I couldn't see a false statement and leave it!

Sorry if I took it off topic I couldn't see a false statement and leave it!

That's ok hun. lol.

Sorry couldn't resist.:Love:

This will be a completely different argument but this is not a personal attack to you. .just generalising. .. People make decisions to sign on the dotted line, no one forced the hand to sign the contract to enter the army. Soldiers are there to fight for our country they know this before they join. It is a job that had been chosen by the individual. Some people choose to work in an office. .. they could die crossing the road in the morning trying to get to work. I wouldn't expect an administration assistant to get the same salary or privilages as a MD... the same applies in the army. However if we start a debate on the age they join and the lack of equipment they get I would stand behind the argument 100%.

Who was evil all the Chinese and forces kids?

We had brilliant times at boarding school. ..bear in mind it was 1983 when I first went..I'm still friends with most of the girls I lived with even the Chinese ones. ..

Latest posts

Back