Biosculpture Techs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering if there was any secret to getting a french overlay on natural nails (using biosculpture) to look thin.

Every time I do them, I always think they look too thick, well the white part does to me.

How many coats of white do you all use.

Many thanks.

when i worked at nails inc we used to apply the white bio sculpture tip, then use builder gel over it so thee wasnt a ridge.

Hi Sam

I did a set of French Bio overlays last week, coincidentally.

I apply two thin coats of white gel, the first for outline and the second for coverage. To avoid the appearance of thickness, taper the gel slightly to the free edge.

Hope that helps.

ditto, 2 thin coats are better than one.

The more you get used to it the easier it is, always check it from the side view b4 you cure - if you do get a 'lip' you can correct it if its mild with the clear last coat.

ambx

A trick i learnt today when doing the french part is ...

First do your french with silky satin, no 2001. it is a very thin gel. cure it and then paint on a thin white layer. Silky satin is a very good 'base concealer'

But with practice, you will be able to get it looking thin.

Also, apply the white gel, stroke over it to thin it out, and let it have time to settle, i know sometimes i rush in and start adding more white gel to get an even coverage.

Also keep your first and last layer of clear thin, look on the side angle to make sure there is not too much gel near the free edge. Build your clear gel behind the french line.

Hope this helps

ohhh good tip there i dont have silky satin! Going to have to get some now!

amb x

Silky satin is also just georgis mixed with your dark colours and with your flat colours!!!!! Silky satin is a must have colour ;) :hug:

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG i only placed an order yesterday as well !

thanks!

amb x

Hi Sam
I use two thin layers of the white gel for a french.
I dont cure 2 fingers at a time as biosculpture reccomends though.
I do all 4 fingers then cure - this gives the white gel more time to level out and you see a nicer, thiner white this way.

I find when you cure too quickly it looks patchy and it gives you the inclination that you did not put enough gel on so you go back and put more, making the whole thing thick and clumpy.

I like the idea of putting the 2001 on before you put the french on, but will I remember?! I this for someone the other day as the main colour, had to use like 3 coats of it!

Latest posts

Back