Bleach regrowth

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lipglossdiva79

Reaction score
I've had my dark brown hair bleached super light so I can achieve the pastel tones. Everything great with that. At first the regrowth was just dark but now I'm starting to notice it going quite orangey now. Can anyone advise why or what I can do to counteract this?

Are you a hairdresser? Is it your natural root that is "quite orangey" or the bleach?

I've had my dark brown hair bleached super light so I can achieve the pastel tones. Everything great with that. At first the regrowth was just dark but now I'm starting to notice it going quite orangey now. Can anyone advise why or what I can do to counteract this?

Heya Hun, as you are not a hair professional no one on here will advise you of what professional prods to put on your hair, ontop of that no one will give advise on over the counter colours.

However I am intrigued to ask, what are you putting on it to make it go 'orangy'

You will need to go to a salon to have it corrected and coloured properly.

No am not a professional. I use the loreal pastel toner panther pink. I am mystified as to what is turning it orangey. I do have warmish tones to natural hair but not that would be considered a causal effect.
I do realise that products cannot be recommended but just a friendly insight as to some chemical reactions that could take place to cause orange (like bleach & swimming can cause green).

Sounds like there is a lifting agent in the toner you are using, which is most likely designed to go on pre lightened hair. The pastel tone won't be strong enough to neutralise your natural undertones that come out as your hair is lifted.

No am not a professional. I use the loreal pastel toner panther pink. I am mystified as to what is turning it orangey. I do have warmish tones to natural hair but not that would be considered a causal effect.
I do realise that products cannot be recommended but just a friendly insight as to some chemical reactions that could take place to cause orange (like bleach & swimming can cause green).

In view of the above, please note that your thread has now been moved to Consumer Queries.

Thanks for these replies, this makes some sense to me about the lifting agent. On the next application I will try avoid the roots!

Latest posts

Back