Booking system and cash drawer with iPad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
hey

I have a salon and we're just changing over from a pc to iPads, I like the idea of being able to easily show previous work to clients on the iPad, plus they look a lot more modern.

Im Going to be using shedul as we've trailed it all love it and it's free!! However I'm stuck with what cash drawer and card machine to link it with....does anyone have any ideas recommendations and prices?

Thanks! X

hey

I have a salon and we're just changing over from a pc to iPads, I like the idea of being able to easily show previous work to clients on the iPad, plus they look a lot more modern.

Im Going to be using shedul as we've trailed it all love it and it's free!! However I'm stuck with what cash drawer and card machine to link it with....does anyone have any ideas recommendations and prices?

Thanks! X
I to am in the same boat.....
I'm lost lol

I've had a salon for 4 years and literally stuck with what to do. Some systems charge so much and it all looks great at first but we don't use half the software we're to busy for all they fancy stuff, so I'm then stuck with another outgoing. I really like schedule and its free, but I want it to look a bit More professional with a cash drawer etc but I've seen epos cash drawers for iPads from £58 to 658!!! I'm stuck on what to do... can't see how I can work it all with out it just looking like an iPad floating around and a cash tin so,ewhere! . literally actually need a sales rep for once haha x

We use iZettle and an mpop till/printer and barcode scanner. IZettle is good assuming you turn over enough each month to benefit from their lower transaction fees

I've had a salon for 4 years and literally stuck with what to do. Some systems charge so much and it all looks great at first but we don't use half the software we're to busy for all they fancy stuff, so I'm then stuck with another outgoing. I really like schedule and its free, but I want it to look a bit More professional with a cash drawer etc but I've seen epos cash drawers for iPads from £58 to 658!!! I'm stuck on what to do... can't see how I can work it all with out it just looking like an iPad floating around and a cash tin so,ewhere! . literally actually need a sales rep for once haha x
Well I'm just about to open up a salon 2 weeks, was previously working In a salon and from home.

I love schedul also and that's what Il be using. I emailed them only about 3 weeks and they said that they are currently working on a system. So I don't know whether to stick to laptop and cash box until then or what to do. Like yourself I would like something that looks professional. I'm going to use sum up for card payments which I've done lots of research on...for me it will work as I have no card paying customers at the moment because I didn't offer it from home...now I know this will change once I'm in the salon and by law I have to offer card terminal. But its a once off payment currently at €39 And that's it which I think is brill.

In the salon I worked we had phorest. I love this system but unless you have 4 or 5 people working for you and a hell of a lot of clients then it's to expensive. Well I think it is. Its 99 a month which I couldn't pay not starting out.

Sorry I only looked the mpos systems from Izettle...so is izettle like a phorest type thing?

IZettle is pretty good and you can buy the accessories you need from them and hook it up to your iPad or laptop.

Either use their POS software or check it integrates with the software you're using.

https://www.izettle.com/gb/card-readers

IZettle is pretty good and you can buy the accessories you need from them and hook it up to your iPad or laptop.

Either use their POS software or check it integrates with the software you're using.

https://www.izettle.com/gb/card-readers
Okay so I'm planning on using a laptop...what would I need them from them?

I'm really not good for these type of things lol

Okay so I'm planning on using a laptop...what would I need them from them?

I'm really not good for these type of things lol

Hi

I believe that Shedul (if that’s who you’re going with) does not yet integrate with any card reader. I know they say they’re working on this but they’ve been saying that for quite a while. So who knows.

But if you do use Shedul, you would have their software loaded on to you laptop- using it to take appointments and completing sales using their inbuilt POS.

However, as Shedul is not integrated to a card reader, you would then have to manually type in the amount due for each sale into the card reader before asking the Client to pay by card.

If you decide this is ok, then sign up with iZettle, get their Card reader (plus stand) and also if you want, get their till (although I know a lot of Salons just use a normal drawer.

Then if Shedul add a card reader integration to their software, hopefully iZettle will integrate with it – or move to one that does.

Hope that helps?

:)

Hi

I believe that Shedul (if that’s who you’re going with) does not yet integrate with any card reader. I know they say they’re working on this but they’ve been saying that for quite a while. So who knows.

But if you do use Shedul, you would have their software loaded on to you laptop- using it to take appointments and completing sales using their inbuilt POS.

However, as Shedul is not integrated to a card reader, you would then have to manually type in the amount due for each sale into the card reader before asking the Client to pay by card.

If you decide this is ok, then sign up with iZettle, get their Card reader (plus stand) and also if you want, get their till (although I know a lot of Salons just use a normal drawer.

Then if Shedul add a card reader integration to their software, hopefully iZettle will integrate with it – or move to one that does.

Hope that helps?

Sorry I'm still confused....so what exactly does izettle do? Lol soz sorry I'm just probably confusing myself here ha

Sorry I'm still confused....so what exactly does izettle do? Lol soz sorry I'm just probably confusing myself here ha

No problem. IZettle is primarily a way of taking card payments off your Clients, as you can't do this with Shedul.

Once the card payment has been taken, IZettle then gets the cash into your business bank account (less their commission).

Hope that helps?

I don't have the cash drawer yet but I use Ovatu which is fab and I couldn't do without it now and izettle card reader. Ovatu also sell the cash drawer so it works as a full system.
I use Ovatu from my iPhone, iPad or laptop and it saves so much time and my clients love the online booking system.
Izettle card reader also has an app which is great so you can use that on its own.

No problem. IZettle is primarily a way of taking card payments off your Clients, as you can't do this with Shedul.

Once the card payment has been taken, IZettle then gets the cash into your business bank account (less their commission).

Hope that helps?
Oh yes now I get you lol
I'm going to go with sum up for the card reader....
It's trying to connect them altogether is the problem.

Oh yes now I get you lol
I'm going to go with sum up for the card reader....
It's trying to connect them altogether is the problem.

Whatever you use, you need to be sure it all integrates, if you are planning to use accountancy software you may want to check that the system you choose integrates with that too.

You do know that with Sumup that you still pay transaction fees? Their rate is higher than I pay with iZettle - you really need to calculate what you expect to take in a month against the different services to know which will be most cost effective for you.

Whatever you use, you need to be sure it all integrates, if you are planning to use accountancy software you may want to check that the system you choose integrates with that too.

You do know that with Sumup that you still pay transaction fees? Their rate is higher than I pay with iZettle - you really need to calculate what you expect to take in a month against the different services to know which will be most cost effective for you.

Totally agree with jbr. Don't save a few pounds each month and end up with a 'constant' manual admin headache. Integration can free you up no end.

Get your key Apps to talk, so you don't have to.

I don't have the cash drawer yet but I use Ovatu which is fab and I couldn't do without it now and izettle card reader. Ovatu also sell the cash drawer so it works as a full system.
I use Ovatu from my iPhone, iPad or laptop and it saves so much time and my clients love the online booking system.
Izettle card reader also has an app which is great so you can use that on its own.
Must have a look at that ovatu iv

Yea I've looked at a the izettle and with them the more goes through monthly the less the interest is. So now I'm kind of thinking about them and the fact that ovatu works with the izettle. I'd rather spend the money on ovatu than give it to sum up with the transaction fees.

I'm goin to work out my treatments now and see what way it comes up.

Thanks for the advice guys really has helped me alot x

Thanks for all the advice I'm going to look into ovatu and iZettle too looks like just what I need!

Can anyone comment on izettle pricing versus a standard card machine eg Barclaycard merchant card machine? Do you find the pricing better?
I've just gotten rid of my machine and need to sort something else. I use Ovatu so I now izettle works with this x

Latest posts

Back