iPad apps? Booking systems? Client address book? Consultation form apps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im using an app on my iPad called myBusiness. It's by the same company that does Personal Salon Assistant but at half the cost. It does all the same things as PSA the only difference (and prob why the additional cost) is it included Hair Formulations. I don't do hairdressing so that's fine with me.

Im loving it. I can schedule appointments, send reminders, add notes, birthdays etc, take payment (cash or card but I don't use card) product inventory, print reports etc etc it's very easy to use and you don't need to be online unless you wish to use the credit card payment or send reports to your computer or reminders to clients. The only draw back is it can only be used on iPhone OR iPad but not on both together. I use it on my iPad which is great and a lot easier to enter info etc. I just plug it into my computer to back up each week for safety, prob should do it more often just incase! HTH x

Oh and it links in with your existing contacts on your iPhone/IPad so you don't need to add all your contacts again. Super easy

When I searched on the iPad or salonlite nothing appeared ;(

Mobile martine read the last page.

Thanks for the information about my business sounds like just what I need. X

how about "salon iris" app girls its brilliant and its free :)

how about "salon iris" app girls its brilliant and its free :)

The app is free, but presumably you would need to purchase Salon Iris?

We have a similar mobile service for our desktop products as well, but we decided to launch salonlite as an entirely free, separate service. Times are tight, not everybody wants to spend a lot of money (no matter how many features they give you) on a new software package just yet, so we've given people another option, basically :)

I've recently bought an iPad for the aftercare advice for clients to read before fittings, to show aftercare products instead of carrying a huge bad full, and for booking appointments.

Does anyone know of any good apps which will help manage my clients?

I have found some program's where you can get clients to sign documents on the iPad but none of which will let me customise them to my needs?! Any ideas?!

It's also worked fantastically for showing clients my previous work and letting them browse on their own.

Any help would be greatly appreciated even if it's iphone apps I can still have a look at them :)

Thanks

SJ x

Hi Shannon,

Have a look at www.appointment-diary.com it should fit the majority of your needs a very low cost, plus it's designed with smart phones and tables in mind such as the iPad and there are Geeks on here who solely use appointment-diary on their iPad.

The system won't cater for signatures on the iPad but we are always listening to client feedback and develop new features all the time at their request. A way round getting clients to sign would be to add the details you would like the client to agree to in your T&Cs on appointment-diary so they must agree before they book?

It's totally free to try so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

If you have any questions just ask!

Mark

Hi Shannon,

Have a look at www.appointment-diary.com it should fit the majority of your needs a very low cost, plus it's designed with smart phones and tables in mind such as the iPad and there are Geeks on here who solely use appointment-diary on their iPad.

The system won't cater for signatures on the iPad but we are always listening to client feedback and develop new features all the time at their request. A way round getting clients to sign would be to add the details you would like the client to agree to in your T&Cs on appointment-diary so they must agree before they book?

It's totally free to try so you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

If you have any questions just ask!

Mark

Hi mark thanks for your reply.

I think there is one major problem for me when it comes to using this which is I don't use 3G and I am mobile. So I can only book clients in when I get home if I need to be online to us it which is an inconveniences when I have up to 4 clients a day and I'd have to write everything in a diary and then later fill it in. Some days I won't finish til gone ten so I'd end up not bothering and there wouldn't be any point.

I think it's an excellent idea but I can't use it for my work, personally I'd prefer an app where I can fill in the forms and appointments offline then use the Internet only to transfer data, send emails etc. :)

Im using an app on my iPad called myBusiness. It's by the same company that does Personal Salon Assistant but at half the cost. It does all the same things as PSA the only difference (and prob why the additional cost) is it included Hair Formulations. I don't do hairdressing so that's fine with me.

Im loving it. I can schedule appointments, send reminders, add notes, birthdays etc, take payment (cash or card but I don't use card) product inventory, print reports etc etc it's very easy to use and you don't need to be online unless you wish to use the credit card payment or send reports to your computer or reminders to clients. The only draw back is it can only be used on iPhone OR iPad but not on both together. I use it on my iPad which is great and a lot easier to enter info etc. I just plug it into my computer to back up each week for safety, prob should do it more often just incase! HTH x

Couldn't find the my business app found the psa but it's expensive! And it's us currency only for cards... :(

Ok so I need an app which doesn't need Internet

For a mobile hair extension technician so I need appointment schedule, client notes so I can have their details address email and somewhere I can make not of what they have had colour and thickness wise so I don't have to shuffle through loads of paperwork

Somewhere I can keep track of what offers are running etc. and somewhere I can keep track of cash going in and out

Any ideas?

Also need an app offline where I can show clients pictures and products and make note of orders etc.

Any ideas?

I'd also like a separate address book purely for clients so I don't need to look through my personal contacts........

Any ideas?

Thanks for all your replies and ideas and I welcome more x

Shorthand will let you schedule appointments and store customers name, address, etc and notes for customers. You can add services which you can name and add a price and time length. It also tells you customers previous spend.

I don't think it will work as a cash book for you to put incoming and outgoings.

Not sure about the pictures. I don't have an iPad just iPhone so I hope this will work on your iPad

Thanks Sarah I do quite like that program just experimenting with it. Do you have the pro version? Lots of stuff I don't need but good for the stuff I do need :) thanks x

No. I've just got the free one. I've only downloaded it a few days ago so I'm still playing with it. I did look on there website but I didn't see anything on the pro one that I thought was worth paying for.

I really want what you want with the client consultation form but I can't find anything.

I don't really want to pay for anything unless someone can tell me it does what I want it to do.lol that's why I'm so interested in this thread.

I use 'my book of clients' salon version. Worth a look. Not free but very cheap. I like it.

No. I've just got the free one. I've only downloaded it a few days ago so I'm still playing with it. I did look on there website but I didn't see anything on the pro one that I thought was worth paying for.

I really want what you want with the client consultation form but I can't find anything.

I don't really want to pay for anything unless someone can tell me it does what I want it to do.lol that's why I'm so interested in this thread.

Totally agree plus I like the free version try it out if I like it I'll buy it but
It's no good when you don't get all the features to try, plus I don't need half the stuff the paid ones have! I'm glad i started this thread getting to try
out loads of new app. Want a good free one! :(

Couldn't find the my business app found the psa but it's expensive! And it's us currency only for cards... :(

Yes i agree PSA is expensive. Mybusiness (one word) is exactly the same but way cheaper. I don't realise about the card system as I don't use it. But it is fabulous and easy to use and you can add whatever you want which is great. Good luck

Just a thought..... If I was to use any of these apps, would I need to sign up to data protection act??

Yes i agree PSA is expensive. Mybusiness (one word) is exactly the same but way cheaper. I don't realise about the card system as I don't use it. But it is fabulous and easy to use and you can add whatever you want which is great. Good luck

Ok Hun I'll give it a go I think :) x

Iv got shorthand, the free version. I'm going to get the pro tho, cos I love the idea that it automatically syncs up with over devices in the home, and sends automatic reminders to clients, plus they can make reservations online themselves!
Makes my life do much easier!

Latest posts

Back