Booking system and cash drawer with iPad

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IZettle is only worth it if you turnover quite a lot. I do, so I pay around 1.45% charges, so for me, it's better than Barclaycard for me. If you weren't turning over so much, it becomes less cost effective

Yes i to am having the same dilema, so many software companies and they all do different things. takes so long to set each one up only to discover they dont quite have what you need.
I really wanted to love shedul too but lets not forget its free for a reason, its still being developed and has tons of features that are missing or that they are very slow at implementing. Also down the road they may start charging us for SMS reminders or monetizing its huge free user base, even if they say they wont im skeptical.
Anyway, im playing with ovatu today. i like the fact that you can add pics of clients which schedul doesnt offer.
But if anyone knows of a software that can prevent employee theft at checkout, im having issues with color treatments as its impossible to know how much it costs until a consult. Shedul didnt allow a sliding scale price in its online booking section. so i dumped it.
Hoping someone here has some advise regarding 100-200gbp price differences and check out protection.
This is why i like the client photos idea because i can check client pics match the price enetered at checkout and get more control if im not at the salon.
Any advice or feedback much appreciated?

Hi djlest

I’m assuming the till theft issue stems from staff taking more cash from the client than they are putting through the till?

These controls spring to mind:

I. Separation of duties: This is a classic accounting control whereby the person putting the sale through the till must be different to the person performing the service. You may do this for all sales, or certain services only, or just those above (say) £70. The idea being that theft is reduced as you’d need 2 staff to collude to get past this control.

2. Maximum cash sales: Only allow card sales for amounts over (say) £70.

3. Ensure your POS can email a receipts to the Client. You may be able to check in the system that this has been done. Might be something you do yourself that night or the next day. If staff know this, might be a deterant if nothing else. It’s amazing how a client who thinks they’ve just paid £100 when the receipt says £70 will contact you.

4. Every booking has a sale: your system(s) should be able though show you where someone has booked but no sale has been recorded. Where this happens, ask the staff member. If they say it was a no-show, email the client saying you were sorry they didn’t make the appointment and let staff know you do this.

I know these can often be impractical but it’s a trade off and depends how big a problem your staff theft is?

Last edited:
Back