Botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
I have tried botox 3 times but never seen any difference in the area around my eyes does anyone one know why and if there is anything u can suggest to help

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

It depends what you are wanting from it. Botox can only do so much and can only go so close to the eye area.

Are you using an eye cream alongside it? You get the best results that way x

Sent from my Galaxy S4

There was just no difference what so ever no change at all. I always use an eye cream at night at the min I'm using Bobbi brown one x

There was just no difference what so ever no change at all. I always use an eye cream at night at the min I'm using Bobbi brown one x

Were before and after photos taken? What happens at your aftercare appointments?

Botox will work differently with different people, and it's important that expectations are set correctly and there is good customer care.

Did the person you used come on a recommendation?

She did take before and after pictures and there was no difference when I went back two weeks later she put a little bit more in and still no difference.

I found her on the Internet and she had good reviews but they were on other treatments but I thought she would be OK. When I asked about it she said botox doesn't work on everybody some people do see no results xx

Chances are some or all of her reviews were written by her friends and family on the internet. It happens a lot as competition for clients is fierce until you've built up a solid reputation.

Word of mouth is the best recommendation but not many women admit to cosmetic help other than to very close friends.

Did you get at least 3 consultations before you chose to go to her? I think doing it this way helps to clarify what to expect from a procedure. I'm not suggesting she's not good at her job but it might be that Botox won't produce the results you want and the other 2 consultations might have given you more realistic expectations.

No I didn't but think I might just book a few consultations to see what others say. I think a lot of people are miss lead in the way the expect botox to get rid of lines and wrinkles like it does for the stars on TV but that isn't reality it seems xx

I had it last year and there was a big difference. It took about 10 days to fully freeze.
I would look for someone else hun x

Sent from the catphone

Did your muscles freeze then as mine didn't I could still move them if that makes sense xx

Look for a prescriber that uses the brand Allergan. That is the company that makes botox, the other brands are not botox. Also make sure the vial is made up in front of you. Some people tend to over dilute the product hence the cheaper prices. Proper botox will make a huge difference x

The k u I will do will Google now and see in my area

Did your muscles freeze then as mine didn't I could still move them if that makes sense xx

Yeah, I could slightly move my brows but not much.
My ex oh is a singer and when he was on stage I used to use facial expressions to confirm sound was ok etc. that went right out the window!

Sent from the catphone

U see on all the occasions I've tried it I've been able to use my muscles fine not freezing at all x

U see on all the occasions I've tried it I've been able to use my muscles fine not freezing at all x

I have Botox to get rid of my frown, everything animates perfectly, I just can't frown, which is exactly what I asked for.

For me, it took about 5 days to get the full effect, with a little more each day.

I have found out recently that there are some practitioners using fake Botox to get round the prescribing laws. So it's doubly important to check credentials. However, I have no reason to doubt your practitioner.

Are they using enough? The first time I had it I pointed out at my 2 week review that I still had more movement than I wanted and she give me a free top up. This has been offered every time since x

Sent from the catphone

I have had top ups every time I've been but they have all said they didn't want to put to much in to give that frozen look. When I complained after my top up that there was no results they replied that botox doesn't work for everyone xx

That is nonsense , just ask them what brand they are using. Botox is made by one company ( allergan). If they are advertising botox and it is not Allergan , then report them to trading standards. There is a lot of alternatives i.e. line softeners etc, but if they advertise Botox then it has to be Allergan. Do not be afraid to ask, it is a poison after all. The company allergan discovered the benefits of onabotulinumtoxin , and trade marked the name. Ring and ask what brand they use, they can not advertise botox and use a different brand. A good prescriber will always make it it up in front of you , and discard any left overs , it has a short life spam once made up. Be very wary of any one, who turns up with the botox already made, it should be done in front of you.

I will ring round a few in my area and ask what brand hey use thank u for yr advice

Botox doesn't get rid of lines that are already there. So you will still see the wrinkles (some what smoother) but they will always be there. Botox just stops you from being able to use the muscles which make the lines deeper. Have you considered filler instead?

Can u have filler on the eye area

Latest posts

Back