Brassy hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachRuby

Reaction score
Ok so am at my wits end now I've tried everything. I normally put a 7 on my base and then bleach balayage. I would say am a natural base colour 5/6 so sometimes the 7 sometimes is to dark. Anyway I went to sallys and the girl recommend the 8.0 in the xp100 intense radiance. It looked very similar to the 7 in the range like darker than a normal 8 but a touch lighter then the 7 which is what I wanted. Anyway as expected roots have gone a really warm orange colour. I then put the osmo purple shampoo on my hair which did not nothing for the warmth and made the rest of my hair a grey dull blonde almost with a green tinge. This happened night before was going away whilst I've been away I went to sallys in dublin and first shop recommended the wella color fresh in the violet which hardly did a thing. Returned that to another sallys and was recommended the matrix colorsync sheer pastel violet. I've just done that left it on for 20 mins and it's made it more brassy. I don't understand what the hell has happened. I get paid in a couple weeks so can get it done at the salon but for now I just need to get rid of these orange roots. Looks even worse with the ends being so ashy in comparison.

Sorry, but it's against forum rules to give technical colour advice to a non hairdressser.
Unfortunately, some Sally's staff have a habit of giving dodgy advice to untrained diy-ers and obviously you have no way of knowing if it's the best option.

Ok so am at my wits end now I've tried everything.... I don't understand what the hell has happened. I get paid in a couple weeks so can get it done at the salon but for now I just need to get rid of these orange roots.

I understand your frustration. If you were trained in colour correction, you would know why it didn't come out as you wanted. Unfortunately, hair colouring isn't a matter of choosing a colour from a chart and applying it. You need to understand your starting point, the tones as well as depth of colour, your natural colour and any artificial colour that you've previously applied.

Definitely find yourself a good colourist to sort you out. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back