Break the salons rules?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get paid weekly you see it's only 220 before tax/ni weekly so roughly 880 before tax/ni a month and worked out I get roughy 5.86 an hour so you're are either on more an hour, work more hours or your commission is pretty good :).

Sent from stephanielouise

I work 42 hours a week. My commission would be put on top of basic but obviously taxed on it x

I have my appraisal on Wednesday but I've got mine with the owner and the manager... I don't mind the manager being there but I have a lot to say about everything and not sure why she's sitting in on the appraisals. Are they allowed too?

I'm not sure if your manager should be present at your appraisal, but I'm sure that if you said that you would like to speak to the owner in confidence, they would want to hear what you have to say and ask her to step outside for a while.

I hope someone will come along and answer this question.

Good luck and don't forget to ask for a wage in accordance to your real value.

I work 42 hours a week. My commission would be put on top of basic but obviously taxed on it x

Yeah you work slightly more hours than me I think we are rough around the same wage with what I've gathered. So I really do need a chat with my experience and assessing etc. Thank you you've made thing a lot clearer :)

I'm not sure if your manager should be present at your appraisal, but I'm sure that if you said that you would like to speak to the owner in confidence, they would want to hear what you have to say and ask her to step outside for a while.

I hope someone will come along and answer this question.

Good luck and don't forget to ask for a wage in accordance to your real value.

Oh amazing ill message my boss now and tell her I want a private discussion with out the manager! Thank you :)

Oh amazing ill message my boss now and tell her I want a private discussion with out the manager! Thank you :)

Personally i dont agree. If the Manager is running the business day to day then they should be present.

Personally i dont agree. If the Manager is running the business day to day then they should be present.

The owner is the manager and the other "manager" will be present but she only works 15 hrs a week so not sure why she should a present as the owner/manager is in more often? Or am I just being fussy? :/

You should take it to the next person up from you, not go over their heads. Unless it isn't getting sorted by the person above you. If you usually go to the owner for problems then go to her, but if you usually speak to the manager then it's usual to go to her first. People may have their nose put out, if you go above their heads, and equally the owner may get annoyed as a manager deals with things and puts forward problems to the owner.

With 2 managers it gets tricky. And if just do what you feel is right. You know your work place and managers better.

Personally unless you are logging a grievance against your manager then there is not reason why she shouldn't be present.

Jemima :)

You should take it to the next person up from you, not go over their heads. Unless it isn't getting sorted by the person above you. If you usually go to the owner for problems then go to her, but if you usually speak to the manager then it's usual to go to her first. People may have their nose put out, if you go above their heads, and equally the owner may get annoyed as a manager deals with things and puts forward problems to the owner.

With 2 managers it gets tricky. And if just do what you feel is right. You know your work place and managers better.

Personally unless you are logging a grievance against your manager then there is not reason why she shouldn't be present.

Jemima :)

I feel better talking to the owner/ manage as she's only took the place on a year ago and was a stylist along side with me and the other girls, also the other manager is rarely in an when she is she hasn't a clue with what goes on around her and that's partly what I want to talk to the owner about :) the other manager is only sitting in on some of the appraisals so I'm sure she won't be offended as other haven't got her in on theirs :) maybe i am just being picky haha

Latest posts

Back