can u not buy creative anywhere but..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

buttonmoon

from them/designer nails etc

eg. can clients not buy the polishes anywhere

is it strictly professionals only?

xx

I know that you can buy creative products from Ellisons but you have to show them your Creative certificate first of all.

you have to show Ellisons you are Creative trained in order to purchase l&p products. Tips and enamels, etc.. etc can be bought from them without the proof. Hoever, Im sure when I started shopping with Ellisons, they asked to see my insurance and I recall sending them a photocopy.......did I imagine this....It was a while ago now, so me brain is more fuzzy these days!!! :zzz:
Give em a ring......
0845 1306126
ask em to send you a catalogue and they will also go through with you over the phone the items that will be restricted sale.

ive just got a secondary account today with creative and they are going to send me a catalog out

my question is not what i can buy, but what my clients can buy

i dont want to purchase something in sallys for my clients to then go and get themselves-i wouldnt make a profit

can the general public get their hands on creative products?
like if i retailes scentsations and enamel, could they go to a shop and buy the same or are the products only available to technicians?

xx

I went and stocked up on a few bits and pieces at Sally's last week while I had the chance.... I had a good nose around the shop and they didn't have any Creative products at all there, they stock OPI as their main brand and also Salon Systems as well as Star etc.

My sister-in-law went into Sally's to get a "refil" gel for her (dare I say it?) Rio gel nail system :rolleyes: ....... she bought some Star Nails gel on her daughters discount card (who is a hairdressing trainee!!!!!!!)

So it is possible to buy products without the training but as far as I know the main brands don't allow it without a certificate of training.

Creative Nail Place (internet site) stock Creative polishes, topcoats etc but I doubt your clients would be able to purchase them cheaper there than from you.

hth
Sandi x

im not explaning myself very well today! lol

i used sallys as an example

i dont want to retail something that clients can buy themselves in a high street

i want something exclusive to professionals, i wondered if creative is just that?
thankyou
x

I have asked Creative for an account to be able to buy their polishes and other items - you have to show that you are a qualified nail tech. I have had to send my certificates. So I would assume, in answer to your question, that the general public will not just be able to go and buy Creative products for themselves. I hope this is right????

Oh...sorry Button...misinterpreted the thread! :o
As far as I know...your clients would only purchase a creative enamel or scentsation if they..say, visited another creative salon. I have never seen Creative in the likes of Sally's which do sell to the public.
Boots, I noticed today are stocked with Nail Envy, Avoplex and Nailtiques treatments now....but thats about all!
Like I said in my previous post...I think you will find that many wholesalers, not all I agree, will ask for proof of insurance as a regulation for them selling professional products. Capital do, there are signs on the doors and walls stating that they will sell to professionals only. No Joe Public allowed!
Is that the reassurance you are looking for? :Love:

just the reply i was looking for- thanx

i think its fab that general public cant buy it and that they dont kno how much it costs!

1 more question- do the prices on the designer nails website not include vat?
x

I thought the prices were excluding VAT and p&p luv.....but hopefully someone else can add to that one!
I havent checked the website prices, its the catalogue prices Im thinking of.
:cool:

the prices are exclusive of VAT.

the site i mentioned (creativenailplace) will allow ANYONE to buy from them apart from some of the enhancement products (I didn't have to send proof of qualification when I ordered off them)... so yes your clients could buy from them IF they knew where to find the products. they stock creative polishes, topcoats, solar oil etc etc.

Hi, there is also another site wher I brought lots of creative stuff - beverleybeaute.com.

I dont think they are supposed to be doing this though....

Hiya,
Joe public cannot buy any Creative products anywhere apart from a salon reatiling it!!!!!!!!

As far as Joe public buying any other products, you can buy OPI and now Nailtiques in Boots:irked: . Clients will not but from salons when they can get cheaper from boots.

I have a wholesalers and salon under one roof but non of my clients or anyone who is not a trained proffessional can come into the wholsalers. I retail products that i sell at trade price, so why would i, i would loose out.

But it does bother me that you can buy so called proffesional products and the Acrylic and Gel kits from Boots and other places.

Amanda

buttonmoon54321 said:
im not explaning myself very well today! lol

i used sallys as an example

i dont want to retail something that clients can buy themselves in a high street

i want something exclusive to professionals, i wondered if creative is just that?
thankyou
x
creative is exclusive to professionals, when you get your brochure through, it also tells you the recommended retail price to sell to your clients.
they wont be able to buy enamels from anyone but you or another technician who retails creative.
hope that was the explaination you where after :biggrin:

buttonmoon54321 said:
from them/designer nails etc

eg. can clients not buy the polishes anywhere

is it strictly professionals only?

xx

Your clients can buy enamels from your salon... they are professional enamels sold by you to the public for a RETAIL price of £10.00. No the public can't walk into a OSNS and buy our products... if they have a salon business card, they will get a SECONDARY account to buy enamels etc... they must train in order to buy L+P!! HTH's!

ValencianNails said:
the prices are exclusive of VAT.

the site i mentioned (creativenailplace) will allow ANYONE to buy from them apart from some of the enhancement products (I didn't have to send proof of qualification when I ordered off them)... so yes your clients could buy from them IF they knew where to find the products. they stock creative polishes, topcoats, solar oil etc etc.

Hi there, are you saying you bought L+P from creativenailplace?? they sell CND retail products to people via the web... but it's would be madness a professional buying from them as they charge RETAIL PRICES.

Creative products can be bought by non proffessionals from your creative nail technician, or creative one stop nail shop or the creative catalogue. You can however, purchase only items like, enamels, solaroil,solarsilk,solarbalm,scentsations ect...
Proffessional products must only be purchased by creative trained and approved technicians only and proof of certificates must be produced.
Hope this helps!

jussy said:
Creative products can be bought by non proffessionals from creative one stop nail shop or the creative catalogue. You can however, purchase only items like, enamels, solaroil,solarsilk,solarbalm,scentsations ect...
Jussy - the gen public CAN'T buy these products - they must buy these at RETAIL PRICES from you (our customer)! The only people who can buy the above are trained therapists with an NVQ in manics/pedics or proper cert (and even then only the above but NOT L+P which is why they have a secondary account) a primary account holder is someone who has gone through training with us and holds an L+P certificate! Sorry but this needs to be clear and it seems that everyone isstill confused! :hug: :hug:

Mrs Geek said:
Hi there, are you saying you bought L+P from creativenailplace?? they sell CND retail products to people via the web... but it's would be madness a professional buying from them as they charge RETAIL PRICES.

Hi Samantha, no I'm not saying I bought L+P products... I'm saying that the public can buy creative branded products in places OTHER than professional outlets and salons.
I've had a look at the aforementioned site and they have solar oil 15ml on sale with a 22% discount to the rrp, the rrp they state is also 45p cheaper.

I'm not happy that "just anyone" can purchase these products either, but the fact remains that they can purchase spa manicure products, solar oil, etc etc... the nail polishes are priced at 6.99, obviously not a good price for us techs but a very good price for the public.

sorry if my previous post has opened up a can of worms.
Sandi x

I was about to say the same thing.......Mrs geek is right!

Apart from the fact that Creative (I feel) are the best products to work with (for me) I also liked the idea that I had complete control over my retail. Hense my clients can only get retail products from me.

Jules;)

Latest posts

Back