can u not buy creative anywhere but..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry if i am going to make people more angry but....I have bought creative nail enamel from beverleybeaute.com for £4.00.

I am waiting to complete my manicure cert before Creative will send me their catalogue and set up an account so not sure what they will sell to you for?

M

ValencianNails said:
Hi Samantha, no I'm not saying I bought L+P products... I'm saying that the public can buy creative branded products in places OTHER than professional outlets and salons.
I've had a look at the aforementioned site and they have solar oil 15ml on sale with a 22% discount to the rrp, the rrp they state is also 45p cheaper.

I'm not happy that "just anyone" can purchase these products either, but the fact remains that they can purchase spa manicure products, solar oil, etc etc... the nail polishes are priced at 6.99, obviously not a good price for us techs but a very good price for the public.

sorry if my previous post has opened up a can of worms.
Sandi x

OK - Andy & Craig sell CND RETAIL products for RETAIL prices. If a professional WANTS to buy from creativenailplace it is there look out as it is more expensive - it is SUPPOSED TO BE - IT IS RETAIL!!! Is this making sense to all. If someone actually WANTS to pay £4.00 for a CND enamel all the way from America as opposed to £3.15 then again... persoanl choice. I understand from the post that mstern is waiting until she has her manicure certificate... fair enough... maybe I need to do a post on trade verses retail?? Please tell me that you are all in understanding on how this works because there seems to be a great deal of confusion:confused:

I know where you are coming from Samantha.
It's like buying your girlfriend buffers from a creative tech at the salon. No one in their right mind would by their kit at retail prices! And this is what you are basically doing when you buy from creativenailplace.com. It's super for clients who want to order off the web for their own personal use, but not for techs who need supplies for use on many clients. Clients only need a few buffers, polishes, scentsations, etc etc.....we need it in bulk and therefore we buy direct from DN at Trade prices.
Maybe a quick post on Trade versus Retail wouldn't go amiss, just to clarify it for those who aren't sure.
K x

yes, i completely understand that it is more expensive for me but it was the cheapest option before they (Creative) will sell me trade (cheapest retail I found- if you get what I mean!!).

Of course, as soon as I get my certificate I will get the trade prices as will set up my account.

For now I just keep bting my postmans hand off waiting for my order to arrive!

I am sooo annoyed, my local Sally's is selling Creative products & my clients are going there to buy their Solar Oil as they can get it cheaper than I sell it! This could affect my retail sales as Solar Oil is my best selling item. Nearly everyone buys it but I have found that lately sales are dropping off, this isn't from lack of trying! My guess is that word has spread that it is cheaper to go a couple of miles down the road & buy from the wholesalers. One of my clients refused to buy oil from me today as she says she can buy it from Sally's or ebay cheaper, I can't argue with that. I can't possibly sell my products at reatil prices as I still have bills to pay so it's really winding me up! I have also seen Solar Oil for sale in Topshop before now. :sad:

Edit: oops sorry, I meant I can't sell at cost, not retail prices!

Thats a shame as it must be a nice little earner - how much is sally's selling it for?

nicjill said:
I am sooo annoyed, my local Sally's is selling Creative products & my clients are going there to buy their Solar Oil as they can get it cheaper than I sell it! This could affect my retail sales as Solar Oil is my best selling item. Nearly everyone buys it but I have found that lately sales are dropping off, this isn't from lack of trying! My guess is that word has spread that it is cheaper to go a couple of miles down the road & buy from the wholesalers. One of my clients refused to buy oil from me today as she says she can buy it from Sally's or ebay cheaper, I can't argue with that. I can't possibly sell my products at retail prices as I still have bills to pay so it's really winding me up! I have also seen Solar Oil for sale in Topshop before now. :sad:
eh? In Cheshire? Can you please PM me the details.

Thanks

i thought that dn were the only uk importer for creative products? so how come there are a number of out lets that are selling these, and would appear to be buying them cheaper?

absolutly fab! said:
i thought that dn were the only uk importer for creative products? so how come there are a number of out lets that are selling these, and would appear to be buying them cheaper?

Let's not exaggerate Caroline!! First there are NOT a 'number' of outlets selling CND and Designer Nails IS the sole importer of CND products and they have a number of wholesale subdistributors for profesionals only. Sally's is NOT one of them and never will be.

I'm sure Samuel will get to the bottom of the story without you trying to inflame the situation with claims that there are "a number" of outlets. So far we have substantiated that there is an online seller who is selling consumer products at RETAIL prices and an unsubstantiated claim that a Sally's has SolarOil. WE will wait to find out the truth.

Designer Nails will never sell to the general public through wholesale outlets which is why we would never sell to Sally's, because they don't care who they sell to, professional or consumer. We have always protected our professionals and will continue to do so to the best of our ability.

sorry was not meaning to exagerate at all, i have only read this info from the prev people who have posted info on this subject.

Well I don't feel that either of your posts have been in the slightest bit constructive and I do believe that if we follow the guidelines for posting a little more closely, that posts being constructive and of general interest should be taken into consideration before the mouse is clicked.

mstern said:
Thats a shame as it must be a nice little earner - how much is sally's selling it for?

Not sure, all I know is what clients have told me, which is that it is much cheaper than I sell it for, so presumably they are selling at trade prices. I can't compete with that. I have PMd Sam so hopefully he'll find out what's going on!

Creative Polishes are exclusive, can't be bought in boots etc. You MIGHT be able to get an irregular supply of stock but, Buttonmoon, if you are buying for your salon, you need to get a regular supplier, we use DN and get stock next day, if not the next day, polishes sell well but best news for you, is they don't go gloopy and last ages. You won;t need to throw away any odd, little bits. Remember, a regular supplier who delivers when they say and who introduces new lines for your clients (whether they buy or note) keeps your clients expectling something fresh. You may get the odd client who finds it an excitment in their life to undercut you and buy cheaply but they surely won;t be able to match you on your display and quantity and choice.

Good Luck

Cathy

PS I haven;t forgotton about the spreadsheet, I haven;t been in the office much lately. xx

I have to say I placed my first order with DN yesterday and sure enough this morning my parcel arrived. Great Service that you cannot put a price on.

Lisa Woods said:
I have to say I placed my first order with DN yesterday and sure enough this morning my parcel arrived. Great Service that you cannot put a price on.

i agree, i am to lazy to be trawling around trying to find what i want for a few quid cheeper, i would sooner have peace of mind. DN for me too. xxx

yea, i set up a secondary account and ordered a catalog last week (thurs or fri) and was told it would be with me early this week, it plopped on the doormat the next day!!

i wasnt trying to find somewhere else to buy creative (obviously dn is the best choice)
i just wondered if i bought the stock, then i wouldnt want my clients to be able to get their hands on it too!
i want it to be exclusive- and it is!
woohoo

been making a list of all i want from the catalog and hope to order soon

another qeustion is:
if i buy loads of creative bits and bobs incl spa manicure but didnt do a spa manicure course (im trained to manicure already), can i say i use creative on my flyer (as well as my enhancement system/products)- but not say im creative trained?
and can i use the logo on my flyers too?
xxx

ps. odered info on training today too- just in case! lol (this is gonna cost me a fortune!

Its not worth trying to get it else where. With next day delivery and fab prices just get it from DN :biggrin:

I spent a fortune on Creative products (not L&P) at Excel last week but I wasn't asked if I was Creative trained or to show a card.

Also, I did the 4 day Foundation course with Creative about 2 years ago and I didn't get any card to prove I'd been trained by them. Just a certificate. Should I have got one?

Sorry Kimmi, we don't employ the 'Nail Police' at shows.

They are supposed to be open to only professionals.

This has been discussed on the site before. Do we have to go there again?

We do not issue ID cards (yet) just certificates.

geeg said:
Sorry Kimmi, we don't employ the 'Nail Police' at shows.

They are supposed to be open to only professionals.

This has been discussed on the site before. Do we have to go there again?

We do not issue ID cards (yet) just certificates.

Ouch !!!! Was that really necessary? Maybe you should take your own advice and think before you press the send key.

Are we supposed to scan every message before we dare ask a question that's related to Creative?

It wasn't a put down, just a statement of fact and a question that I thought may be answered through this thread.

Latest posts

Back