CCO gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lipsy60

Reaction score
Hi all. New on here. This is my first thread yay :lol:
Anyway my question is-I've seen this new brand of Shellac type hybrid gel polish called CCO and I wonder has anyone tried it. I know there are so many gel/polishes now gelac gelish generation bluesky etc etc. Has anyone any info on the CCO brand of gel polish. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanx everyone :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited:
Looks like another cheap Chinese knock-off of real Shellac to me. Only CND make proper Shellac - don't be fooled!

Hi where did you see it ebay? I'm pretty sure it's a fake shellac and prob not good, never used it though. If it's only on ebay you'll have no way findimng out if it's safe to use on clients or last for that matter.

Ive seen it a few places there's a rep not far from where I live selling that and bluesky. It states it's the same ingredients and 3free as per cnd shellac. And its applied in the same way and states it lasts for 16-30 days I use cnd shellac but find it getting quite gloopy and thick. I've used gelish which was a disaster. Frustrated now at this stage

Sounds to me like something you are doing wrong.

Are you placing your shellac too close to the light? Are you using a lamp that creates heat to help you see that could be curing it in the bottle? Are you shaking it well before use? Are you taking too long to polish? Are you cleaning the bottle necks ?

I wouldnt buy anything from eBay for my business no.

Ps shellac is shellac and nothing else is shellac.

No its not near my lamp. Maybe I could be a little slow as it's thick so not as flowy. ??
I've had mixed reviews about it. I put it on the heater and it seemed to rhin out a bit but surely that's not right ?

I'm sorry to be blunt here but you have tried two of the biggest used gel/hybrid polishes out there and none of them are working for you. So it sounds obvious to me that you are using it wrong.

Have you been on a shellac class? How long does it take you to apply it to 5 fingers?

Can you talk me through your application?

Hey are u buying your shellac from sweetsquared because if not it may not actually be shellac and maybe thats why its gloopy? Xx

Sent from my X10i

I'm going to just say it how it is......

There is only ONE SHELLAC!!!!

And it is made by CND, not CCO or Bluesky or Blowfly or ABC or CBN anybody else but CND!!!!

If anybody buys any kind of SHELLAC from fleabay, amazon etc and the brand says anything different from CND SHELLAC, then you are NOT buying TRUE SHELLAC and the TRUE SHELLAC should ONLY be purchased from authorised distributors in your home town/country.

I consider it a sham if anybody who calls themselves a professional tech was to use anything but the true CND SHELLAC on clients. Your clients are paying for a professional service of CND Shellac and that is what they deserve....not Bluesky Shellac or CCO Shellac etc, these are NOT true Shellac.

It's been said a trillion times before and will obviously have to be said a trillion times more......there is only ONE TRUE CND SHELLAC and NO other product that uses the word SHELLAC is the real deal.

So in regards to your question of this CCO Shellac, stay clear of it for yours and your clients sake PLEEEEEEEEEASE.

I agree, you have used 2 of the top brands of gel polish and if both were disasters, you might have to look at your application and maybe further training in a reputable brand/company.

So if you have used both CND Shellac and Gelish, did you purchase the correct CND UV Lamp and then the correct lamp for the Gelish System or are you using a generic UV lamp for both products??
If you are using a generic UV lamp for both products, then this is one of your first big problems as to why it's not working for you.
And I will agree with Annie, if you have bought your Shellac from Fleabay or Amazon etc, then it's very likely that you have not got true CND Shellac and this is why it's so thick and gloopy.

Only you know the truth to these questions of where you bought it, what type of lamp you are using etc and if you are not using the entire system for each brand and you purchased them from not so good places, then it's inevitable that you will run into problems I'm sorry to say.

Sorry if I sound blunt but what I am saying is the truth.

CCO is a company that does knockoffs. They have CCO Gelish and CCO Shellac.The CCO brands tend to have a strong smell that neither Gelish or Shellac have. CCO stands for "carbon copy of" and I would strongly recommend steering clear of them.

Last edited:
I haven't used cco I was asking if anyone had ever heard of it. I wont be purchasing it to be sure. My gelish was fine but I could peel it all off in one go. But maybe I was looking for flaws in it. And my shellac was fine on one hand and a little chipped on the other hand. It's probably my technique and I'm probably over analyzing everything. I shall they and relax a bit more lol thx everyone :)

CCO is a company that does knockoffs. They have CCO Gelish and CCO Shellac.The CCO brands tend to have a strong smell that neither Gelish or Shellac have. CCO stands for "carbon copy of" and I would strongly recommend steering clear of them.

Well there you go!!!

Thanks heaps for that info, we all know there is no exact cco of any brand that would be any good.

Here's photos of each of them. They look just like real Gelish and Shellac bottles (especially the Gelish) but instead of Harmony or CND, it says CCO.

Attachments

• CCO_Shellac_soak_off_UV_LED_bluesky.jpg
    CCO_Shellac_soak_off_UV_LED_bluesky.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,948
  • CCO_Lastest_fashionable_colors_Gelish_led_gel.jpg
    CCO_Lastest_fashionable_colors_Gelish_led_gel.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,671
Betcha it is the same manufacturer that makes the ones for CND. I hear a lot of that is going on. See it on the internet all the time.

Good for you for only using the "original" product. It is tempting to cut cost, but in the end it won't save you money because it probably doesn't perform as well.

Nothing beats Shellac!:wink2:

Betcha it is the same manufacturer that makes the ones for CND. I hear a lot of that is going on. See it on the internet all the time.

Good for you for only using the "original" product. It is tempting to cut cost, but in the end it won't save you money because it probably doesn't perform as well.

I highly doubt that CND or Sweet Squared would even entertain such a thing. It would be disastrous PR for them as they would lose all trust of their customers. I reckon I'd be 100% right in suggesting these come from Hong Kong!!

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of this part of your post...

PLEASE everyone, I URGE you to give absolutely ZERO airtime to this comment whatsoever...

CND did not spend FIVE years researching and developing Shellac in their own laboratories, to have it repackaged under multiple different brands/different names. The formula is CND's and CND's alone: if it doesn't say 'CND Shellac' on the bottle (& has been purchased from an authorised distributor), you cannot be at all sure that CND Shellac is what you are using!

Last edited:
Whilst I agree with the sentiments of this part of your post...

PLEASE everyone, I URGE you to give absolutely ZERO airtime to this comment whatsoever...

CND did not spend FIVE years researching and developing Shellac in their own laboratories, to have it repackaged under multiple different brands/different names. The formula is CND's and CND's alone: if it doesn't say 'CND Shellac' on the bottle (& has been purchased from an authorised distributor), you cannot be at all sure that CND Shellac is what you are using!

Amen to that!

Very well said and thanx all for helping me out with my query. Ye are great hugs xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back