Client refused to pay

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

taz85

Reaction score
Done a client today she had ombre rose gold well the rose gold didn't turn out the colour should go it went really light and had the tiniest rose colour with alot of gold but not a ginger gold I only charged her 45 for the service as I done it at a discount rate she had her hair pre lighten first then the rose gold she had long hair well when i blown dry her hair I told her her hair has gone really light and I can 're do it she turned round and said in not paying you for this I told her you have to pay me at least for my time and products she said of yes i will and give me £20.00 and not in so many words told me to pack and go i asked her to contact me once she's caimed down she said she don't want me to do her hair again and she will sort it herself now I'm sat here angry and upset and fuming and really kicking myself the colour didn't turn out what should I do should I contact her or should i wait for her to contact me I'm willing to 're do it but want l want the rest of my money this had never happened in the whole of the 15 years doing hair I've had clients who haven't been sure on colours which I've changed or they got use it it but never had a client do this before please help what would you do and what do you think I should do

Did you know the colour wouldn't develop? Did it mix properly?

Did you know the colour wouldn't develop? Did it mix properly?
I had no idea the colour wasn't gonna develop the tint turned pink then went dark rose gold when the hair was wet it looked stunning but when i blown dry the hair it went two shades lighter it was mixed properly to

I had a ckient who wasn't happy with her hair I did offer to 're do it she refused to paid me which I got very angry about and explained to her I need the money for the time and products I've used plus I was doing her at discount rate of only 45 she give me 20 and said that's all shes willing to pay anyway what my question is do you think I should leave her by not messaging her or should i message her she was very upset about her hair she was post to have rose gold and it came out gold but not ginger even though i am fuming and upset I can't help but understand this lady if I offer to redo her hair which I did in the first place I would want the rest of my money and do her hair again just so I know she is happy here the idea of unhappy client what would you do she was very off handed and was very rude but like I said I know she was upset

Are you in a salon? Or at her house? Could it have been fixed then and there? If the colour isn’t right I would usually say once I blowdried a piece off. Do you have pics?

Are you in a salon? Or at her house? Could it have been fixed then and there? If the colour isn’t right I would usually say once I blowdried a piece off. Do you have pics?
I did it at her friends house I know what I did wrong now after taking to a few stylist the 10rom was to light I should of used 8rom and used a red pre pig spray as it doesn't carry alot of gold the 10rom has corrected it's self instead of toning as I used 20vol when I should of infact used 10vol and I should of used 8rom as 10rom doesn't turn out as it should but I never knew this till yesterday I was more then happy to sort her hair out yesterday but she was really upset she not contacted me and I'm not gonna contact her I'm waiting for a bad review of her and I'm now ready for it as I know I was to blame as I'm the stylist but she never once allow me to correct it I didn't fab her off she fob me off and she only paid 20 for 3 and a half hours work I really undercut myself anyway with my price only going to charge her 45 I have no after photos I've now took this as a experience and will always make sure I do strand tests with these new colours

I think you’re lucky to have been paid anything. You’re supposed to be the professional ? I wouldn’t let you correct my hair either.

I did it at her friends house I know what I did wrong now after taking to a few stylist the 10rom was to light I should of used 8rom and used a red pre pig spray as it doesn't carry alot of gold the 10rom has corrected it's self instead of toning as I used 20vol when I should of infact used 10vol and I should of used 8rom as 10rom doesn't turn out as it should but I never knew this till yesterday I was more then happy to sort her hair out yesterday but she was really upset she not contacted me and I'm not gonna contact her I'm waiting for a bad review of her and I'm now ready for it as I know I was to blame as I'm the stylist but she never once allow me to correct it I didn't fab her off she fob me off and she only paid 20 for 3 and a half hours work I really undercut myself anyway with my price only going to charge her 45 I have no after photos I've now took this as a experience and will always make sure I do strand tests with these new colours

you just admitted what you did wrong, so the mistake is on you. I’d personally chalk it down to experience and move on. Just make sure you don’t do it again in the future.
It’s different if you explain that a client won’t get the results they want after just one appointment but in this instance you didn’t and you made a mistake

Was she a level 10? Yes I fine those colours more pinky so you need to have gold hair first. They are very wish washy but you should know to research colour on the usage before using new brands.

Did you lighten it first? I wouldn’t be worried about taking pics of someone’s hair when they don’t like it

CheekyChick's advice is nice. Don't ever admit the mistake was on you, otherwise they'll bite you to bits

Was she a level 10? Yes I fine those colours more pinky so you need to have gold hair first. They are very wish washy but you should know to research colour on the usage before using new brands.

Did you lighten it first? I wouldn’t be worried about taking pics of someone’s hair when they don’t like it
She was a leave 7 with old colour on the ends I bleached up to a leave 10 then added the colour I did think it was going to turn out pink as it was wet after I washed her hair her hair had a deep shine of pink but all that fades once it began to dry I thought I had done the research but not enough as I've found out alot about this colour in the last 24 hours

you just admitted what you did wrong, so the mistake is on you. I’d personally chalk it down to experience and move on. Just make sure you don’t do it again in the future.
It’s different if you explain that a client won’t get the results they want after just one appointment but in this instance you didn’t and you made a mistake
I felt it be a cope out I blame me on here but to her I just said look the colour not done what it suppose to do I will 're do it it's fine it can be corrected but yes I will take note to what you have said

I think you’re lucky to have been paid anything. You’re supposed to be the professional ? I wouldn’t let you correct my hair either.
I can't help it if a colour doesn't do what it suppose to do but yes i suppose i see where your coming from as if you did a spray tan and I went a different colour I wouldn't pay you either or come back to you

I honestly wouldn't have to fix my hair aa I'd be to anxious that it would break or what ever. Just move on and improve.

When you say "I can't help it if a colour doesn't do what it suppose to do" were you looking at the swatches? Swatches are designed on white hair as a guide line for where you could go. You also have to look at the canvas (the hair). You also need to take into consideration the porosity and texture and the base level of the hair as these can effect the results as well. If her hair has been chemically treated then it would lift differently to virgin hair. I just found it odd that you blamed the colour. Honestly I would look into what I've told you as every head of hair varies and research is what makes a good stylist.

OK she knows what she done wrong, believe me we have all had these horror moments even more so when we have been on our own with no one to turn to. Just move one and learn from this.

When you say "I can't help it if a colour doesn't do what it suppose to do" were you looking at the swatches? Swatches are designed on white hair as a guide line for where you could go. You also have to look at the canvas (the hair). You also need to take into consideration the porosity and texture and the base level of the hair as these can effect the results as well. If her hair has been chemically treated then it would lift differently to virgin hair. I just found it odd that you blamed the colour. Honestly I would look into what I've told you as every head of hair varies and research is what makes a good stylist.

She was a base 7 I pre lighten her hair to a 10 then added the colour doing my research with this colour I either had to do a pink wash or add RR into it as the colour I used doesn't carry enough rose pigment it's a guy tang product I've learnt by my mistake and in future will do strand test

Problem discussed and plenty of advice offered, so probably best to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back