Clients just want Pink!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogaloo

Reaction score
Most of my client's that I get at my mum's shop do not like Pink & White and want just pink!! I don't like the look of them just pink and have tried to pursude them to have natural tips I know the customer is always right (or so they think!!) what could I do or should I just shut up and do just pink. I am Creative Trained. Any Ideas?

Wouldn't they look like natural tips, or have I misunderstood you thread :o Are you sculpting with pink and not a natural powder?

Well the way I look at it is this: If that's what they want, it's better that you get their money than a salon down the road. xxx

Boogaloo said:
Most of my client's that I get at my mum's shop do not like Pink & White and want just pink!! I don't like the look of them just pink and have tried to pursude them to have natural tips I know the customer is always right (or so they think!!) what could I do or should I just shut up and do just pink. I am Creative Trained. Any Ideas?

Do they have their nails painted afterwards?

Boogaloo said:

What do you wear on your nails?
Have you tried wearing P&W for them to see how lovely they can look?

Do they have pink then a polish over the top?

Questions, questions, questions! :lol:

Trin
xx

There are so many alternatives to just pink or even pink and stark French White.

If someone wants absolutely natural look (when tipping), I would use an opaque tip such as Velocity or Formation or even Eclipse and then cover zone one in clear and do the bed in the pink.

You can use the soft white powder over the tip or mix your own white in a more ivory colour. Nails do not just have to be French or nothing.

I use 'colour pops' or tips on sticks, and create lots of different looks using liquid and powder (including colour powders) and have them at my desk t o show the client the different looks to choose from. You'd be so surprised!! They come in wanting the 'most natural' and go out with Ruby Red Slippers when they see them!!!

My personal choice is a natural look for myself .. then If I want French, I paint it on.

plaoh said:
Wouldn't they look like natural tips, or have I misunderstood you thread :o Are you sculpting with pink and not a natural powder?

Sorry if I have not made myself clear I use tips with Pink in Zones 1,2,3 although I would like to put Natural Powder on zone 1 they say no.. I just do not like the look of pink all over the nail personally. Does this makes sense now?

My sis has that because she likes her nails to look so natural!

I have to admit I do prefer p&w but not everyone is the same!

That's how I was taught to do standard enhancements. Tip and then pink in all three zones. Although this was 5 years ago. :)
Just a thought to ponder, when doing a natural nail overlay (no tip or sculpting) do you apply pink to all three zones?

Trinity Nails said:
What do you wear on your nails?
Have you tried wearing P&W for them to see how lovely they can look?

Do they have pink then a polish over the top?

Questions, questions, questions! :lol:

Trin
xx

One Girl does not have hers painted and One does! I wear Pink and White I think mine look nice but maybe to not to everyone's taste or so it seem's.

I never thought about using clear geeg. I think I need to widen my eyes to what else I can offer other than just pink and Pink and White. Great Idea about the Colour Pops! just think I would get soooooooooo bored just doing pink nails :zzz:

I would never apply pink to all 3 zones. I would prefer to use clear or clear and pink to enhance the look of he nail slightly.

grafxgal said:
That's how I was taught to do standard enhancements. Tip and then pink in all three zones. Although this was 5 years ago. :)
Just a thought to ponder, when doing a natural nail overlay (no tip or sculpting) do you apply pink to all three zones?
To be totally honest with you the only natural nail overlay I ever did was in P & W.. She had long nails just not strong - Do not get them that often.

I have had a few clients ask for this too. I personally dont like it either as it looks to see through. You always see there natural nail shining through. Its ok if they wear enamal all the time. I am going to try the colour pop thing also and also try clear in zone 1. You should too, some people who come to me dont know that there are other options.

zoeCU said:
I have had a few clients ask for this too. I personally dont like it either as it looks to see through. You always see there natural nail shining through. Its ok if they wear enamal all the time. I am going to try the colour pop thing also and also try clear in zone 1. You should too, some people who come to me dont know that there are other options.
I think this is very true and to be honest I did not know that there was so many other options either glad I posted..

Boogaloo said:
I think this is very true and to be honest I did not know that there was so many other options either glad I posted..
i found that my more mature clients did nt want p&w so i use either clear or velocity and soft white to give them a more natural look

Some Natural-Look Options

Soft White in Zone 1 and Perfect Pink or Intense Pink or Flawless Pink in zones 2 and 3.

Perfect Natural in Zone 1 and Perfect Pink or Intense Pink or Flawless Pink in zones 2 and 3.

Perfect Clear in Zone 1 and Perfect Pink or Intense Pink or Flawless Pink in zones 2 and 3.

You can always mix your own colour too to get just the look you want.​

geeg said:
Some Natural-Look Options

Soft White in Zone 1 and Perfect Pink or Intense Pink or Flawless Pink in zones 2 and 3.

Perfect Natural in Zone 1 and Perfect Pink or Intense Pink or Flawless Pink in zones 2 and 3.

Perfect Clear in Zone 1 and Perfect Pink or Intense Pink or Flawless Pink in zones 2 and 3.

You can always mix your own colour too to get just the look you want.
Thank you as alway's you are a superstar!! Really need to get rid of my tunnel vision and try experimenting more!!

Ive got a couple of ladies who like the natural look, one always has them painted and the other who just likes pink, each to there own!! And as Kimmi says moneys better off in your pocket!!!

Got another lady who just loves her nails to be filed into a point and painted brilliant pink!!! Some of them are really really long, she wont let me take them down, she prefers them to brake naturally!!! She must be about 85!!!! And she loves flashing them about to everyone...I wish she wouldnt its a bit emabrassing to let everyone know that Ive just done them!!! What a charactor!!!! LOL

I have alot of Eastern european clients some like a wholly pink nail, some like a funny beige or opaque off white look. It doesnt float my boat as I'm an extremist and have either natural or glitter tips in bright colours! So give them what they want but remember to always have a range displayed as Geeg says.

Hi - just did a search for one of my silly questions and I think (?) this thread has answered it - except for the fact that i haven't got the powders I need, I only have pink and white at the moment.
I'm trying to do my right hand - ha ha I haven't even mastered my left hand yet (I'm right handed) I have no hope of creating anything that even resembes a smile line on my right hand - I've tried (lots) so..... it's getting late now and I really want my right hand to look half decent for tommorow as i have my first guinea pig coming for a full set (gulp) anyway, I've ended up doing the whole nail just in pink and apart from being a bit transparent on the free edge, it's not too bad so I think I will paint them tommorow maybe a natural colour.
Also is it me, or is the pink easier to work with than the white?

Latest posts

Back