Colour correction Help!! X

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HairByAlly

Reaction score
Hey everyone..needing some advice! Bumped into a girl I knew years ago yesterday and she wants me to "fix" her hair next week..to cut a long story short she has been bleach blonde for years and recently wanted to tone it down (like the picture I've attatched) and went to a salon to have it done on Monday, when I saw it yesterday it was like a kharki green colour! She never said she didn't like it she just said it wasn't what she wanted and she wants me to give her a similar colour to the pic. Its a base 9..just with a green tinge! Just wondered if anybody could give me advise on where to start as iv never dealt with a greeny before!! Thanks :) ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1325927595.978698.jpg

tell her to go back to the salon who coloured it.....unless she asked for khaki green that is!

Hey everyone..needing some advice! Bumped into a girl I knew years ago yesterday and she wants me to "fix" her hair next week..to cut a long story short she has been bleach blonde for years and recently wanted to tone it down (like the picture I've attatched) and went to a salon to have it done on Monday, when I saw it yesterday it was like a kharki green colour! She never said she didn't like it she just said it wasn't what she wanted and she wants me to give her a similar colour to the pic. Its a base 9..just with a green tinge! Just wondered if anybody could give me advise on where to start as iv never dealt with a greeny before!! Thanks :)View attachment 11075

Sounds like the work of wella to me lol.
Not 100% sure how I'd go about this one, what colour range do you use? X

Ok ive seen this a lot. Lets start with basic undertones. So the blonde would be a pale yellow to start with, so think of it as yellow. So your already starting with a yellow base. Then the colour that the stylist put on top would be a blonde, and blonde is made up of blue, so yellow and blue = green. Thats your problem, theres no pre pigment in the colour so you need to find a blonde colour with red in to neturalize the green, so i would suggest if using wella, to find a base 9 shade and add 0/45 mixer tone in. This will counter act any kiaki colour. Simples :D hope i helped

Ok ive seen this a lot. Lets start with basic undertones. So the blonde would be a pale yellow to start with, so think of it as yellow. So your already starting with a yellow base. Then the colour that the stylist put on top would be a blonde, and blonde is made up of blue, so yellow and blue = green. Thats your problem, theres no pre pigment in the colour so you need to find a blonde colour with red in to neturalize the green, so i would suggest if using wella, to find a base 9 shade and add 0/45 mixer tone in. This will counter act any kiaki colour. Simples :D hope i helped

Woah well done, was going to get my colour book and probably sit with it for ages working it out xoxo

You are amazing! Thankyou!! That makes so much sense lol. I use swartzkopf (dunno if that's the right spelling I'm forever spelling it wrong!!)x

You are amazing! Thankyou!! That makes so much sense lol. I use swartzkopf (dunno if that's the right spelling I'm forever spelling it wrong!!)x

Lmao I always use google copy and paste for the spelling. Looking in the igora book I'd be tempted to use a 9.0 with a little 0-88 and I mean a drop. Remember you have a colour wheel in the back of the igora books, maybe add a tiny bit of 0-77 too, from the concentrates. I'd also use 20 vol xoxo

Lmao I always use google copy and paste for the spelling. Looking in the igora book I'd be tempted to use a 9.0 with a little 0-88 and I mean a drop. Remember you have a colour wheel in the back of the igora books, maybe add a tiny bit of 0-77 too, from the concentrates. I'd also use 20 vol xoxo

Just out of interest, why would you use 20 not 10 vol?
Sorry if it's an igora thing lol I haven't ever used it :)

Oh and it's Schwartzkopf lol it means 'Black Head' in German, bizarre isnt it? Lol

Just out of interest, why would you use 20 not 10 vol?
Sorry if it's an igora thing lol I haven't ever used it :)

Oh and it's Schwartzkopf lol it means 'Black Head' in German, bizarre isnt it? Lol

Because I'd want it to strip a bit of the red and orange, but it's just my silly quirks xoxo

Thankyou :) I've taken some strands from her so will be testing them on Monday! Thanks for everyone's help :) xxxx

If in doubt because it's so light.
Bleach and warm water and visually watch for a few minutes until unwanted tone is removed?
Then colour with ur target shade.
Xx

Had this problem about a month ago! but It just needed more warmth really to get out the khaki green colour

Thanks guys :) xxx

Sorry just wanted to ask a question regarding this...,
Would using wells 9/7 and 9/0 equally parts with 20 vol work??
I think /7 is brunette which is reddish.
I'm just going back into hair not up on colouring, hence question....

I found /7 to be khaki sometimes, this is another reason I love matrix!! Choose a colour that's nots not ash or neutral and the colour auto toned to the hair!! Simples!!

I found /7 to be khaki sometimes, this is another reason I love matrix!! Choose a colour that's nots not ash or neutral and the colour auto toned to the hair!! Simples!!

Got to agree on this one I e found the wells /7 to come up green or lose tone very quickly, and then look green

that would make a double base of 9, and thats a very prominent undertone of green, it wouldnt work well. i would use a 9/7 with 0/45 i always find that if you find a chosen colour then add the warmth by yourself using the mixertones then you achive the colour the client wants instead of asking them to choose a diffrent colour becuase of ''blah blah khiaki blah blah'' :)

So without reading the info in packet how many much 0/45 would you mix in with colour?

Managed to get onto salon supplies and see all the matrix colour :D now I just need to take the plunge and switch, I'm scared lol. Socolour is colour touch equivalent and coloursync is koleston equivalent yeh?? And is mocha like brunette tone??? X

Managed to get onto salon supplies and see all the matrix colour :D now I just need to take the plunge and switch, I'm scared lol. Socolour is colour touch equivalent and coloursync is koleston equivalent yeh?? And is mocha like brunette tone??? X

Socoloris permanent and ColorSync is quasi so color touch yeah mochas are amazing!! I always stock up on 5m and 6m :) x

Latest posts

Back