Colour correction Help!! X

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Socoloris permanent and ColorSync is quasi so color touch yeah mochas are amazing!! I always stock up on 5m and 6m :) x

Ah right yeh knew I'd mix them up lol. I'll need to get a colour chart first I think :) x

Ah right yeh knew I'd mix them up lol. I'll need to get a colour chart first I think :) x

Matrix are soo easy to use, red is r, extra red is rr, I think it would be great for colleges to switch to matrix, less "accidents" when a student mixes the wrong numbers. Also great for new juniors or weekenders to mix your colours for you when it's busy as I think it's Easter to remember a number and a letter instead of a load of numbers (if mixing 2 or more tubes). Xoxo

Matrix are soo easy to use, red is r, extra red is rr, I think it would be great for colleges to switch to matrix, less "accidents" when a student mixes the wrong numbers. Also great for new juniors or weekenders to mix your colours for you when it's busy as I think it's Easter to remember a number and a letter instead of a load of numbers (if mixing 2 or more tubes). Xoxo

Yeh so true the letters are a much better idea! X

Yeh so true the letters are a much better idea! X

It's a good idea for English speaking countries, there's a market stall that sells cheap tubes of colour and their book is in a foreign language, so god help people who aren't qualified when they try to use them. Xoxo

if this ever happens again,do a malibu treatment,should be fine after that.

Ok ive seen this a lot. Lets start with basic undertones. So the blonde would be a pale yellow to start with, so think of it as yellow. So your already starting with a yellow base. Then the colour that the stylist put on top would be a blonde, and blonde is made up of blue, so yellow and blue = green. Thats your problem, theres no pre pigment in the colour so you need to find a blonde colour with red in to neturalize the green, so i would suggest if using wella, to find a base 9 shade and add 0/45 mixer tone in. This will counter act any kiaki colour. Simples :D hope i helped

Sorry, but this is totally incorrect in this instance. The reason the hair displays a khaki tone is due to porosity. The fact it is bleached so heavily means it rejects all warm tones and absorbs all cool tones.
Your solution would be feasible on a tint colour correction, but not a bleached canvas.

If in doubt because it's so light.
Bleach and warm water and visually watch for a few minutes until unwanted tone is removed?
Then colour with ur target shade.
Xx

This is the correct solution. It would take 3 minutes at the most.

Recolour using a pastel quasi colour such as SPG in Matrix or 9.03 in DiaLight for just 10 minutes and then remove with an acid based shampoo and conditioner.

The client will then need to use a weekly pigmented conditioner such as Aveda Chamomile or L'Oreal Chroma Care 03 to keep the colour looking tip top, and throughout the week should use a system such as Biolage ForteTherapie, L'Oreal Force Vector or Aveda Damage Repair.

If she can't afford the homecare, there's no point doing the colour as it won't last.

If in doubt because it's so light.
Bleach and warm water and visually watch for a few minutes until unwanted tone is removed?
Then colour with ur target shade.
Xx

yeah this is what I was thinking too!

Latest posts

Back