Colour keeps fading madly on ends

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
Have a client who I'm tinting in morning. Last time I used half 6/0 and half 7/7 (wella k). She happy with colour but the ends get really brassy after about two weeks. Last time, I did a koleston rinse to see if it would help rather than just combing tru ends and tbh it didn't really:rolleyes: It def tones it down after its done but two weeks later its back to brassy ends. I'm a bit flumoxxed! She uses shampoo for coloured hair, so its not that. She also gets a 12 week blowdry every 12-16 weeks and I know that does fade it massively when its just been done. (I don't do the 12 wk b/d). Was thinking maybe try a semi on ends but bit afraid the col won't be the exact same. Her nat base is a 6/0 with 30% v strong resistant white hair, quite porous. I have been colouring it for last 6 months and she had bleach highlights about a year ago so they are prob still there too. Anyone?
Thanks guys x

What strength developer do you use on ends?

Sent from my iPod touch using SalonGeek

its the bleach highlights, unless you've pre pig it back, it will naturally fade. it could also be that you need to neutalise the exposed brassy ends and give her correct aftercare ie pro shampoos not high street stuff, to look after her hair, she may be using products that are stripping and exposing the underlying pigment- making it brassy! hths xoxo

Sounds like there maybe still some bleach in the ends of her hair.
This usually fades quite quick resulting in the warm brassy ends you are describing.
You may have to wait until these ends have been cut off. Or you may have to pre-pigmentate the ends with a warm tone so that your tint can hold the colour true again.
If the ends are really porous, you could colour them or pre-pig with a demi or semi colour.

:)

Thanks very much guys, will do a pre pig in the morn:)

Latest posts

Back