Colouring those 1st grey hairs... :-(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddyreddy

Reaction score
Hello Hair Geeks,

Just popping over from the Skin Geek forum as I have a hair question!!

I have grey hairs appearing (aaaggh) and would love to know the best thing to ask for in the salon.

I love my natural hair colour (a very nice shade of red) and don't want to change it.

So, what should I do? I don't know my foils from my glossing!!!!

Please help! x

anyone? :cry:

Are the white hairs sprinkled all over or in a concentrated area? If they are in one or two main areas I would get your hairdresser to colour match your own hair and just colour those patches for now. If your natural hair colour is great its a shame to cover that with a semi, so best find a good colourist who listens to you and doesn't try to talk you into covering your natural colour ( unless of course your whites are extensive!).

Thank you Penners, I appreciate your help! I think a semi is what was suggested by my hairdresser but having read your advice I will take a different route!

:hug:

maybe a semi on the white areas? As I said it does depend on how much/where they are and obviously in the future ( if more appear) you will have to take a different course of action. Hopefully someone else will add to this question as I am certainly not an experienced colourist ( i get by) but for my friends I've done a similar thing with their first grey patches if they like their natural colour. Without seeing your hair its difficult to judge.

Latest posts

Back