Convert detached garage into salon.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missbad

Reaction score
Hi

I am still in training and have decided after i have completed and gained some experience, I would like to have my own little salon at home.

We already have the building beside my house but would need to convert it.

I was just wondering what i would need permission wise to be able to do this, if i would need to change to commercial.

Any info would be great, I have been trailing round the internet searching but still not come up with anything as yet.

Thanksxx

You would need to check with your local Planning Department. Requirements vary from area to area.

Also do a search on 'garage' on here and you will find loads of useful threads.

Good luck!

hey there- there are a couple of current threads on this- one on coverting a garage and the other on using a cabin in a garden; as Christine says just check these live threads and there are some useful posts.

Good luck!

When it isn't attached to the house the situation does change, for example you will need a Music license if you play any CD's or the Radio.

The best places to start will the council Planning Department, and your accountant.

Sorry Mat- I know i would say this wouldnt I (!) but why on earth would you go to see your accountant for a legal matter? I havent yet met one competent enough to give advice on this (and if they do then they are probably breaching their own PI) just as I wouldnt want to give advice on cashflow forecasts.

Thanks all for your help xxx

Latest posts

Back