Daisy Cutter Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlybyNight

Reaction score
I was one of the lucky ones who got some free samples from the USA. I was just wondering how you others got on with them? I have used the LOTUS dramatic smile whites on my mother. She could not stop raving about them, the shape is narrower making her fingers look more slender. Also, the dramatic smile gives her smaller nail beds the look that they are larger than they really are!! She even rang me up to tell me again..:) I have also had a go with the DAISY CUTTER white tips. They are quite thick in appearance. The instructions tell you to use the thickness as a guide for the first application of gel or l&p. Then you just put a final coat over the whole nail and finish with gloss. I have to say I was doubtful they would work, but the springiness of the fit (if you understand me) made my nails look thinner than the spoons they really are. Therefore, I have to say I was delighted with them and have already ordered more. They dont charge overseas postage on orders over $20. Has anyone else tried them yet? Just interested......!!

I have tried the Raptor well-less tips which I think are thinner than the Daisy Cutters. I like them and they make my life so much easier when doing my own.

I don't use white tips very often - mainly on myself.

I buy them from Karen at www.nailsplusbeauty.com right here in the good old UK.

I too was lucky enough to receive the free samples from the states!! Loved the Lotus tips sooo much that I bought some from Karen at www.nailsplusbeauty.com

naturalnails said:
I have tried the Raptor well-less tips which I think are thinner than the Daisy Cutters. I like them and they make my life so much easier when doing my own.

thanks for this thread - been thinking about trying out some decent french white tips - as i keep buying crappy ones from sallys which i have to file the well out of to make a nice deep smile (only use em for myself - cos i'm just rubbish at making my own nails SMILE!!)

so... just been on the afore-mentioned website and placed an order for the raptor tips - oooh, VERY excited now!!!

... I was trying to grow my own nails again from being quite short with natural nail gel overlays - but i think i'm just going to have to soak em off and start again!!!

naturalnails said:

me too got raptor ones from karen, i got the natural ones i have them on now and are lovely also got some samples of the french ones.
order from karen she is so lovely and delivery is mega fast too

PLEEEEEAAASE post a pic !!!!

I just LOVE all the tips from the pre-etched range ... if you're a tip user - I think this is the way to go ... lol!

Just one little pic, I'd love to see the natural Raptor !

Vicky

xx

joannerowsell said:
me too got raptor ones from karen, i got the natural ones i have them on now and are lovely also got some samples of the french ones.

joannerowsell said:

I agree - I love the white Raptors and Daisy Cutters, but the natural colourway in Raptors are fabulous - they make doing your own nails so easy huh - none of that blending/buffing on yourself is such a bonus!

Paola, you've convinced me...
when I saw that you didn't have to blend at all I decided to go and order some, to use on myself.
it is a pain when you have to blend with your 'wrong' hand, I end up making a pigs ear out of it when doing my own.
I'll be sure to let you know how I get on :D
xx

VickyB said:
PLEEEEEAAASE post a pic !!!!

I just LOVE all the tips from the pre-etched range ... if you're a tip user - I think this is the way to go ... lol!

Just one little pic, I'd love to see the natural Raptor !

Vicky

xx
hi vikki have posted a picture of the natural raptor tips i have on, in my gallery

joanne, just viewed the piccie of the natural raptor tips in your gallery, they look gorgeous,,,,I imagine with no blending they are very quick and easy to apply???
A beautifull shape,,,,,absolutely lovely.

Christine

They look great Joanne, I have sent for a couple of different packs to try out - on myself as I am hopeless doing my left hand too. I have been using CND French tips, which I love, and then applying white powder over the top, but these may just be the ticket for me. :)

Just had a look at your pic in the gallery - very nice - I'm off now to order some - thanks for sharing :)

Do you really just 'stick n go' with the natural raptors the same way you would for french tips?? They look really good in your pic, Joanne. How do you avoid shadowing through them, or are they quite an opaque colour, just a natural colour rather than the usual bright white?

because they have no well, i only attached them using a mm of the tip adhered right at the edge of my free edge, which was filed down. they are not as transparent as usual natural tips but you do get a lovely smile with them.
if you where to use these on short nail beds they would be better fully blended but with medium - long nail beds you dont have to do anything just stick and go ;)

Hi- have just been looking at Daisy Cutter tips on www.nailsplusbeauty.com, can anyone tell me what is the difference between the Lotus/Raptor tip & do any of them have a contact area- they say they are well less but how do you attach them without a contact area?

Sorry bit confused :irked:

The Lotus tip has a more dramatic smile line & only comes in white. Raptor tips - the contact area is thinner than the Daisy Cutters & the smile line a little deeper (not as deep as Lotus though). Both Daisy Cutters & Raptor come in Natural & White. All the tips are pre-etched.

Thank you Paola for my cookie! I just noticed it!

Karen S.

just received my raptor french white tips today!

VERY exciting... love em!

Thanks karen!

WOW!! I am so glad you are all liking these tips as much as me. I ordered a box of the LOTUS ones from the USA website on Friday night ($36.95) and they arrived this morning postage free. I think that is jolly good service all the way across the Atlantic. They even kept me up to date with the processing of the order.
I am now equally excited about the RAPTOR tips that I am going to order these too.
Their pre-etched tips seem to stick really well. I use GELBOND and they are on in seconds. Normally with tips + well I have several that are bu....rs to adhere!! I have not had trouble with these at all.
They are especially good for using on yourself. Much faster and wonderful smile lines every time. My left hand doing my right is always difficult and takes ages. BUT NO MORE!!
I am all for products that save us time and actually do what they say they do. :D

orderd mine yesterday, arrived this morning alon with two pots of glitter to add to acrlyic, by the way they are two for one at the moment.

Did you order the pots of glitter from Karen?:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back