Different gel for rebalance?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New Nailz

Reaction score
I got a client coming back for infills. She had my previous Gel I used, on! I am now using a different Gel, CND Brisa. Is it ok to file down the old gel (infill) and put on the new Gel? Will it be okay together, or will I have to completely remove all other gel first?

I got a client coming back for infills. She had my previous Gel I used, on! I am now using a different Gel, CND Brisa. Is it ok to file down the old gel (infill) and put on the new Gel? Will it be okay together, or will I have to completely remove all other gel first?

I've mixed gels before, never had a problem, think it's because the previous gel is already cured... interested to hear what others say though! :)

Yepp I mix gels all the time on myself. When I do clients I actully us a different bonder from the rest of the gel because I like it better then the company I use. I even use the sealer for gelish on my own nails because I like the seal way better. Then my regular sealer.

You are fine in using a different gel over your previous set. It's just like in filling someone else's work etc, the products do not have to be the same. The gel is cured so no way of causing any harm mixing products iykwim x x

Thanks Ladies :)

I think it's important to point out that you're not 'mixing' though, as if we keep saying mixing gels, others might get confused with mixing brands for the same application and think that's okay.

What you're doing is appyling a different brand over another after it's been cured previously, which I undertand can be done fine, and many techs do if they infill someone else's work. It's a lot different than 'mixing' x

Last edited:
I agree with Fee and have changed the title to save any confusion!
OK new nailz ?

I mean't mixing as in one gel over another. I would still have classed it as mixing them. lol

But thanks for the help

I agree with Fee and have changed the title to save any confusion!
OK new nailz ?

No problem hun. It is a better title and stops any confusion. I guess I just seen it differently :)

Latest posts

Back