Do I need an extractor fan for tanning?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A link to the Nouvatan vid would be fab!

I have a mink/browny coloured kitchen so it's ideal for tanning luckily! But yes,every time I wipe down my surfaces, cupboards etc.... ORANGE!!!!! Orange everywhere! I just have the windows open now and try to have as little overspray as poss. I also wipes down all surfaces as often as possible.

PS I don't know if this helps, but I sometimes have my cooker extractor on as I do tanning in my kitchen!

Does anyone think that overspray can depend on the quality of the tent ? Mine is an L A tan tent but not sure if higher quality ones reduce overspray further as I do wonder if some very fine solution comes out through the fabric of the tent. My L A tan tent may be high quality I just don't know x

Does anyone think that overspray can depend on the quality of the tent ? Mine is an L A tan tent but not sure if higher quality ones reduce overspray further as I do wonder if some very fine solution comes out through the fabric of the tent. My L A tan tent may be high quality I just don't know x
There is absolutley no connection here...overspray is caused by incorrect technique...get in close to the skin ...about 8 inches away is optimal in reducing overspray.
Of course alter the output volume from your gun acordingly
HTH

I have only just started doing spray tanning, i have tanned approx 15 people so far and there seems to be so much over spray everytime i do a tan, I use a tent and have the maxi mist 5008. My skirting boards are getting covered in tan its not until i wash it off i noticed how much is on there and my dark carpet has started to discolour. I have noticed alot of you don't bother with extractor fans, just wondering if im doing something wrong??
thanks
jess

Given that you have only applied solution to 15 people only I think your problem is more one of technique rather than extraction
I suspect you are simply spraying to far from the skin.
Try turning the output volume controller right down and get closer to the skin...about 8 inches is good and you should use between 30-45 ml solution per full body application
HTH

That video on FB cheered me up no end!

Just one question on the pop up tents, a lot of people have said the tents catch the overspray but does it not come out of the open bit at the front? Confused :confused:
there is no connection between tents and overspray causing problems.
Its simply a case of technique..as ive already pointed out...turn that output valve down and get close to the skin when working...about 8 inches xxx

Latest posts

Back