Do i shut up and put up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emi-loo

Reaction score
This is a difficult one, so any advice would be welcome - i work from home, and have a lady in particular that comes and has her nails done on a reqular basis, she comes with 2 friends.
Just before christmas she was in there ages, and when i went in after she had left, it smelt awful (there is airfreshner in there) there was a nasty dirty looking mess drying on my seat, and a brown watery puddle on the floor, i could have cried, this is my lovely clean bathroom and i was disgusted, she had obviously had an accident, but i cannot believe that she didnt see it and try and clean it up!!! Every time she comes she always pees on the seat, then Tuesday this week after she had gone i walked in my bathroom and i couldnt believe my eyes, pee all over the seat, and it was that yellow it left a stain, and a yellow puddle on the foor!! Was so upset and angry, I had to bleach the seat and the floor to death.:cry: She obviously stands and doesnt sit on my seat when she goes, or how else would she make the mess! I do not make enough money to rent anywhere, and she spends alot of money with me when she comes and i cannot afford to loose her or her two friends that come. What would you do? Do I put up and shut up?
Em X

This is a difficult one, so any advice would be welcome - i work from home, and have a lady in particular that comes and has her nails done on a reqular basis, she comes with 2 friends.
Just before christmas she was in there ages, and when i went in after she had left, it smelt awful (there is airfreshner in there) there was a nasty dirty looking mess drying on my seat, and a brown watery puddle on the floor, i could have cried, this is my lovely clean bathroom and i was disgusted, she had obviously had an accident, but i cannot believe that she didnt see it and try and clean it up!!! Every time she comes she always pees on the seat, then Tuesday this week after she had gone i walked in my bathroom and i couldnt believe my eyes, pee all over the seat, and it was that yellow it left a stain, and a yellow puddle on the foor!! Was so upset and angry, I had to bleach the seat and the floor to death.:cry: She obviously stands and doesnt sit on my seat when she goes, or how else would she make the mess! I do not make enough money to rent anywhere, and she spends alot of money with me when she comes and i cannot afford to loose her or her two friends that come. What would you do? Do I put up and shut up?
Em X

What a horrid situation to be in:hug:
The only thing I can think of is to wait a week and then text her and her 2 friends, but make it sound like its a general text rather then aimed at her.
Saying that due to a health and safety inspection you have been told that you may not offer cloak room facilities to your clients as this will invalidate your insurance cover.
Then stand firm, don't let the mucky mare use it:smack:

Oh god how awful and a tricky situation at that. I completely agree with the above, as I think mentioning it to her in person would firstly make her and you uncomfortable and secondly you may lose her custom.
If you have her email, I would send an email to all clients, this way she will see that it has not been sent personally to her.
Hope you get this sorted.
x

The only thing I can think of is to wait a week and then text her and her 2 friends, but make it sound like its a general text rather then aimed at her.
Saying that due to a health and safety inspection you have been told that you may not offer cloak room facilities to your clients as this will invalidate your insurance cover.

Perhaps a little sign or something that stands out... "if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be discreet and wipe the seat" :)

Then if that doesnt work I would leave a sign addressing the issue directly and asking people to be mindful of basic hygiene, polite but firm.

Susie thanks this is a great answer, but what do i say to the know it all nosey friend of hers, that will say 'well how will anyone know we are using your toilet'??? Thats really got my brain going now.....

xx

Perhaps a little sign or something that stands out... "if you sprinkle when you tinkle, be discreet and wipe the seat" :)

Then if that doesnt work I would leave a sign addressing the issue directly and asking people to be mindful of basic hygiene, polite but firm.
Yep 1st thing i did when she first made a 'mess' i now always leave a polite notice in the bathroom, and when she came she said " i like your notice, some people do leave toilets a mess, I always complain when I go anywhere and its dirty" !!!!!!! :irked:

It's a really difficult situation and I sympathise. As this has happened regularly, it kinda indicates <to me> that someone has bladder problems and is as much in need of medical attention as a nail tech.

The bit I really don't understand, though, is she just 'Has' to be aware of it!! Does she ever appear a bit sheepish on her visits? :o

Yep 1st thing i did when she first made a 'mess' i now always leave a polite notice in the bathroom, and when she came she said " i like your notice, some people do leave toilets a mess, I always complain when I go anywhere and its dirty" !!!!!!! :irked:

Right, just seen this. Obviously not!! :rolleyes:

Susie thanks this is a great answer, but what do i say to the know it all nosey friend of hers, that will say 'well how will anyone know we are using your toilet'??? Thats really got my brain going now.....

xx
If you sliped over in my loo and banged your head the report would get to the hospital, you wouldn't be able to make an insurance claim, I would get a massive fine...........
No, I'm sorry it's just not worth the risk, sorry (shake head and look sorry) it's just not worth the risk.:green:

It's a really difficult situation and I sympathise. As this has happened regularly, it kinda indicates <to me> that someone has bladder problems and is as much in need of medical attention as a nail tech.

The bit I really don't understand, though, is she just 'Has' to be aware of it!! Does she ever appear a bit sheepish on her visits? :o
Totally thick skinned!
What i havent said is, that without offending anyone she is very large, and struggles to get up the stairs and sit in my seat, i think she cannot sit on my seat when she goes to the loo, but she obviously needs to go to specsavers as well as you would think she would see it and clean it up!!
x

If you sliped over in my loo and banged your head the report would get to the hospital, you wouldn't be able to make an insurance claim, I would get a massive fine...........
No, I'm sorry it's just not worth the risk, sorry (shake head and look sorry) it's just not worth the risk.:green:
This is really good, obviously i need to grow a pair to be able to do this lol! I wonder if as well as your suggestion i could say they will monitor the water meter, or is that way too much fibbing!!!?
The only thing is they may kick off and say that they cant come to an establishment with no toilet facilities!!! Oh its really got me down....

Thanks for replies so far guys xxx

Oh hun, my daughter works in a womans only gym, some of the stories she comes home with, would put you of your dinner:Scared:
No pride and no self respect:hug:

Some people are unbelivable arent they? My 6 year old nephew is cleaner!!
Do you think they will stop coming if i say the loo is out of bounds?

Im the worlds worst i need the loo everywhere, but im a clean little bunny:lol: xx

I don't see why they should, epesially as it's upstairs, that's more fuel for your health and safety issue, stairs!!
You have warned them, you can even add a little bit to the email or text saying 'so please remember to go before you arrive'
The trick to a good fib is to keep it simple. The more you embelish, the more you have to remember.
So shift the blame, it's health and safety, what can you do? You sympathise, but you stand firm, you just couldn't afford a massive fine, court costs etc.
Final bit, get advertising, then you are not held to ransom by someone who has less cloak room habits then a 6 week old puppy.

I know this may sound a bit OTT but could you maybe put disposable toilet seat covers and bath mat on the floor? That way if there are any 'spillages' you can just throw them away?
It may look really obvious what you've done, but she probably won't realise it's aimed at her as she obviously doesn't realise she's doing it!(and if she does realise then she can't confront you about it cos that would be admitting it's her fault and she hadn't cleaned up after herself). If she asks why you've got these items all of a sudden you could play the health and safety card, I.e. You have to have them for hygiene purposes, its a public toilet and you can't clean it every hour like regulations require.

Tell her the toilet is broken. Every time she comes in. "Yeah, still broke. Sorry." Mwahahah!
And if she asks how you go to the toilet say "I never need the toilet. It's a mystery!" Then change the subject!

Tell her the toilet is broken. Every time she comes in. "Yeah, still broke. Sorry." Mwahahah!
And if she asks how you go to the toilet say "I never need the toilet. It's a mystery!" Then change the subject!

LOL ... this is brilliant, I love it 1

Jacqui xx

If you have a bath in your bathroom??? someone could be ' taking a bath' so bathroom is out of bounds???

I do however, find its unacceptable. she obviously hovers over the loo seat, if she has a bladder complaint, she would know about it and check if shes made a mess.
But what the others say about ' health and safety.. brilliant! i would put a sash and a sign over the bottom stairs saying PRIVATE,

hope it all works out for you!! xx

If you have a bath in your bathroom??? someone could be ' taking a bath' so bathroom is out of bounds???

I do however, find its unacceptable. she obviously hovers over the loo seat, if she has a bladder complaint, she would know about it and check if shes made a mess.
But what the others say about ' health and safety.. brilliant! i would put a sash and a sign over the bottom stairs saying PRIVATE,

hope it all works out for you!! xx

Great answers thank you guys
But A, I live on my own, unless George Clooney fancies coming round for a bath once a fortnight thats put paid to that, and B the nail room is upstairs WITH THE BATHROOM AAARRRGGHH!!!!
Think the paper toilet seat cover is a good idea, and if she asks why, i think i will have to tactfully say that it is because SOMEONE is making a mess everytime they visit - do you think she will get it DOH!!! :grr:

Right here is what i would do. i stop beating around the bush, next time she uses your toilet, go in immediatly after her "omg in bursting" when you see the mess go out to her n say "excuse me it appears one has left a little puddle in my bathroom, be a sweetie n wipe it up for me please, dont be embarressed we all do it sometimes but i always check when i leave a loo just in case."

if she doesnt get the hint and carries on doing it then i would discreetly say sorry you cant use my bathroom.

Latest posts

Back