Do you run another business other than hair and beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a great thread guys..., keep em coming!

I have my hair extension business, partially own my OH 'a composites engineering business (I do nothing towards this apart from start off funds and the odd tidying of his workshop haha) I also rent out a property I purchased (very stupidly) when I turned 18... Did it up and gone up in value - bonus! I'm only 20...

I'm a midwife on the side ;-) was a beauty therapist and after 8 years got stagnant, then when I had my children i did my midwifery training. I still loved my nails and did a little to de-stress from hospital life. It's sort of growing now and I really have to make a decision as the 60+ hour weeks swapping 2 hats is getting hard!!! The problem I have is that shellac and products have moved on and I've got my passion for nails in my blood again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love reading this stuff. Very insirational :) well done everyone

Hi,
I also run 2 business that includes beauty and hair but many of my clients demand human hair wigs so i am considering to add a lot of wigs that will have good quality.

Hi,
I also run 2 business that includes beauty and hair but many of my clients demand human hair wigs so i am considering to add a lot of wigs that will have good quality.

I left school early was into allsorts then fell pregnant at 18 had my son very prem he had bleed on brain etc he is now in a special school and very challenging then when he was 3 month old fell pregnant again he was also 2 month prem.
I went out and worked in a pizza shop 12 hrs a night then went into pub work. 8yrs ago i decided to go to college and train in hair. At the end of my L3 i fell pregnant again and was so ill i couldnt complete my last 4 weeks so didnt finish. I got into hair extensions but didnt really push this.
I carried on doing hair for just friends and family i then set up making birthday cakes etc, then i set up a soft play hire and face painting business, i also make nappy cakes etc too.
Between all this i went on more hair extension courses and went mobile building up a good clientel. I have never had much money but took the biggest risk of my life and opened a salon for my hair extensions etc i now have a beauty therapist in too and its going very very well. I opened my salon with £1000 (no joke) i blagged a few month free rent called in tons of favours, and fitted it all out myself. Second hand furniture etc and its gorgeous!
I am determined to be sucessful in my life people call me stupid but i dont care you live once so take risks i say! What did i have to lose? Nothing what soever and the risk i took is paying off :) once i am home i read forums, watch videos, read my books and forever booking on training courses i LOVE learning and wont stop until i am the best haha

I could read peoples stories all day long! Sorry if i dont make much sense i am no good explaining things lol

Latest posts

Back