Eyelash extension advice + critique

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanna007

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently completed a lash extension course and have only done about 3 full sets. My time is horrible and i don't want to keep practicing because i feel so bad having my friends lie down for like 4 or 5 hours. The quickest i've done a 90% full set was just over 3 hours.

I have a lot of trouble isolating lashes and getting the extension to sit completely flush on. I did a full set on my mother and it only really lasted one week before they looked like they needed an infill.

I am only using C curls and 0.15 thickness. My trainer has about 50 clients and said she only uses c curl and that thickness. In my kit was only c curls and its expensive to buy a bunch of curls and thicknesses. On my first set, my mum lost about 7 lashes over night and my second set she lost 15. I feel so hopeless. I don't have a lot of people to practice on and don't want to ask random people to lie down for 4 hours when the extensions only last a week.
16522516_10203054504160149_2007437544_n.jpg
16650419_10203054533760889_1719510434_n.jpg
16651609_10203054504080147_2056044095_n.jpg
16558626_10203054503840141_926603734_n.jpg

I wear a lash ring to speed up my lash picking process and that has helped, but i still take so long. How can i speed up my time? I use a fast drying glue too

Attachments

• 16522674_10203054499360029_301441863_n.jpg
    16522674_10203054499360029_301441863_n.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 100
  • 16559155_10203054499000020_702130300_n.jpg
    16559155_10203054499000020_702130300_n.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 94
Wow your sets are beautiful !!!!

Don't give up you will get hang of it.

This video helped me a lot in my isolating.

Do you use lash maps it will help you know where to place the lashes to speed up your work and get perfect symmetry.

I know how you feel trust me you will get there.

Last edited:
Lash maps.

Attachments

• 9581a3192fc61e3c4446744de51000e5.jpg
    9581a3192fc61e3c4446744de51000e5.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 107
I personally think your lashes are great for a beginner!! For your trainer to say that she only uses one curl and thickness is ridiculous! Try getting some 0.12s. Also do you refresh your glue every 20mins? Keeping your glue fresh helps.
What is it about isolation are you struggling with?
Remember the average person loses between 3-5 lashes per eye a day anyways in their natural hair cycle. So say 3 a day that's 21 per eye in a week, infills are recommended every 2 weeks for a reason so don't be disheartened about lashes falling out it's normal! Make sure people are following the correct aftercare and check your humidity levels when completing your lashes as they will both have effects. Xxx

I find that when i isolate a lot of baby hairs pop into the isolated area because they are so short. I work in a fairly cool environment and do refresh the glue regularly. I think it may be that the base isn't attached completely flush (due to inexperience). How many lashes should be left on at a 2 week infill roughly? How should a client wash their lashes? Just with water or baby shampoo? Any tips? Thank you for the reply :)

Here are videos on how to wash lashes and how to make the lash shampoo.Pump bottles are available on eBay or Amazon.

Lashes shed up to 3-5 lashes per day and aftercare of client will impact longevity.Also the lash cycle is different for everyone.

Regarding the baby hairs I would lash the strongest lashes you see for the mean time.

Wow your sets are beautiful! I have been doing them a year and still don't feel 100% although I don't do loads. Do you have any tips on getting them so straight? I think they look amazingly full!

I use a strip of double sided tape on the eyelas pad. I take several lashes off the strip and place them on the tape, this gives me immediate access to the lash extensions and the lash. Saves me buckets if time.

I personally think your lashes are great for a beginner!! For your trainer to say that she only uses one curl and thickness is ridiculous! Try getting some 0.12s. Also do you refresh your glue every 20mins? Keeping your glue fresh helps.
What is it about isolation are you struggling with?
Remember the average person loses between 3-5 lashes per eye a day anyways in their natural hair cycle. So say 3 a day that's 21 per eye in a week, infills are recommended every 2 weeks for a reason so don't be disheartened about lashes falling out it's normal! Make sure people are following the correct aftercare and check your humidity levels when completing your lashes as they will both have effects. Xxx
Sorry to jump in to the conversation but you sound experienced with lashes. Could you recommend a good eyelash extension course/what company to go with please there is so many to chose from - UK based, Leeds. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give. x

Sorry to jump in to the conversation but you sound experienced with lashes. Could you recommend a good eyelash extension course/what company to go with please there is so many to chose from - UK based, Leeds. Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give. x
You could look at flirties.co.uk they have lash trainers up and down the country some doing one to one if you want [emoji106]

You could look at flirties.co.uk they have lash trainers up and down the country some doing one to one if you want [emoji106]
Great, will do thank you.

Hi - don't give up it takes a long time to get the hang of this - if it was easy we would all be awesome at it.

I have some super videos to help assist on YouTube - https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCNqb-H4v8lD-1zlY5XR82-Q as well as my online mentoring group ( lash tech tutorials ) and my training classes both online and in person

Please take a look as it may assist you :) xx

There are a lot od lash groups on facebook which would help you. New Lash Obsession is a good one.
It is all about practice and you will get there.
With regards to cleaning then I absolute recommend you use a proper lash and brow cleanser. Some baby shampoos can contain SLS and you must never make it up to sell to your client. There are strict regulations about this. Also you are providing a professional service so you don't really want to be telling them to use stuff you can buy at every corner shop.
Use a proper cleanser especially designed for the job and get your clients into the habit of cleaning their lashes from the start.
A lot of the girls include an aftercare kit to give to their clients at their first appointment. This usually includes a cleanser sachet, cleanser brush, instructions etc.
Lash Factor are the sole UK distributor for the Lash and Brow cleanser and you can see their items here:
http://www.lashfactor.co.uk/category/lc-eyelash-brow-cleanser

Latest posts

Back