Gel II conversion S2 v Creative Beauty Group

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Ang*

Reaction score
Hi everyone, it's been ages since I've been here as I've been dipping in and out of beauty the last few years but I'm opening a little beauty room in a hair salon shortly and although I am originally CND trained, I did quite a bit of research and decided to convert to Gel II. I've paid a lot of money for the starter kit and 5 hours training but now feel like I should have stuck with who I know and what I know. My lamp, which is lovely and cordless etc etc has a cosmetic flaw (part of the logo is scraped off) I could easily colour it in with a sharpie pen but hell, at over *** quid I don't think I should have to. When I've rang to explain this, I've had to send a photo into them via email. I have been told I need to wait for a supervisor to take a look. THEN, I suppose once they decide to give me a replacement or refund I have to send my lamp back. WHEN they receive my lamp back I then have to wait for them to send me a new one. At the present time, there is no stock of these lamps so I don't know how long I will have to wait. I remember when my CND UV lamp wouldn't turn on a few years ago I called s2, they asked what the problem was. They sent me a new lamp which I got the very next day. I returned the faulty lamp. Simples.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Any idea where I stand on this? Can I go straight for a refund on the lamp, even though it was part of a kit. Luckily I won't be opening my room for another few weeks but what about in future if my lamp should break? I can't afford to buy another lamp as a back up just yet.

Sorry lovely people, I just need to rant about this. I just hope I made the right choice going with this company. I could cry :'(

Ang, I really feel for you. I'm CND trained but did a conversion with Creative in February.

I think the honest answer is that they are totally overwhelmed with how Gel ii has taken off. It's gone beyond what they expected and they are having a woeful time keeping up.

I stock both CND and Gel ii in my home salon - I love both products but I can honestly say that Gel ii is amazing so you've not made a mistake but they really do have to sort out supply issues. It's taken me 8 weeks to get hold of foundation gel and I've still not got my certificate from my conversion in February.

What I will say is that any problems I've had - faulty batch of Fanta Sea Breeze and Mundo sanitising gel which exploded in transport was resent by them without issue after I sent them a picture so I wholeheartedly believe they'll do right by you.

I've just ended up buying remover and super shine spray - things I use regularly - in bulk whenever I see them in stock to ensure I don't run out.

As for a backup lamp, if you still have your old CND UV lamp it will cure all colours except extreme Arctic white so that will hopefully help.

Xx

Oh and join the Creative a Beauty Facebook page. It will give you great ideas and keep you abreast of when certain items come into stock x

Hi and thanks for the reply. I feel a little better after reading your post :) I'm already on the fb page and agree the stock issues need sorting. I've only got 4 colours from my kit, the majority of the others I want are out of stock :-( x

Lots of the colours on the website look totally wrong. I'm happy to upload pics of various colours for you when I get home on Saturday so you can get an accurate idea of what they look like. You might find some you like that aren't out of stock x

I'm using Gel II along with CND Shellac and I love both - both companies c/s has been great no faults there. I'd wait for your lamp to be replaced but they have said a uv lamp will cure also, I've not done a conversion with them as they are too far at the moment to travel to for half a day and I've had no problems with application and the lamp is great. X

Hi sorry to jump on this thread but I too have just brought a few Gell ii colours to try out as it looks amazing so wanted to try it along side shellac. Does anyone know if my New Cnd led lamp will cure Gell ii ok? I know you are always meant to use the brand lamp which I will if I get on well with it x

Hi sorry to jump on this thread but I too have just brought a few Gell ii colours to try out as it looks amazing so wanted to try it along side shellac. Does anyone know if my New Cnd led lamp will cure Gell ii ok? I know you are always meant to use the brand lamp which I will if I get on well with it x
I've not used my CND led lamp but I've used the uv one (they said I could) when I first purchased and it was fine - Id contact them and they'll tell you x

I have sent them an email just waiting on a reply, just being impatient as can't wait to try the colours out. Thank you anyway x

I can honestly say the best thing I did was swap to Gel ll. I am in the north west so I go to the Creative beauty group in Liverpool and the service is fantastic. I bought the birthday bash collection and when I opened them they had leaked all over and they replaced them for me straight away with no issues at all. The thing is people who are using Gel ll are Gel ll mad so trying to keep the stock up is proving difficult and people are moving over to the brand all the time as they have colours other brands don't stock and the lamp is cordless (i've never seen another cordless one) which was a massive thing when it came out.

Latest posts

Back