Gel removal tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samac

Reaction score
Hi

I am going to introduce a new gel brand in my salon soon and have been trialling a few different products. Done gave them have been great and I really like them but struggle with removal. I am used to Shellac so easy removal.
I gave tried buffing off top coat, wrapping with correct remover for different brands for 10-12 mins but when I remove them there is barely and change, no lifting or breaking up of gel. Any ideas where I am going wrong? Xx

I use Gelish, I find clips keep a better contact than foil which helps, also after buffing pop a little cuticle oil over the nail before wrapping X

Heat helps as well...in the winter I use my infra red lamp. Some Gelish colours come off easier than others...make sure the cotton wool is well soaked. Oil helps as well xx

Hi

I am going to introduce a new gel brand in my salon soon and have been trialling a few different products. Done gave them have been great and I really like them but struggle with removal. I am used to Shellac so easy removal.
I gave tried buffing off top coat, wrapping with correct remover for different brands for 10-12 mins but when I remove them there is barely and change, no lifting or breaking up of gel. Any ideas where I am going wrong? Xx

What grit file are you using to break the seal?

I use Gelish, I find clips keep a better contact than foil which helps, also after buffing pop a little cuticle oil over the nail before wrapping X
Cool, I will try the clips and oil, thank you x

Heat helps as well...in the winter I use my infra red lamp. Some Gelish colours come off easier than others...make sure the cotton wool is well soaked. Oil helps as well xx
Same with shellac, some come off super easy and then others are pretty tricky. X

It's one of the white buffing blocks I used. What would you recommend? X

I'd try something a little rougher with a lower grit.
I use a 150 file to remove the shine & then wrap.
Give it a go and see if it makes a difference
x

I'd try something a little rougher with a lower grit.
I use a 150 file to remove the shine & then wrap.
Give it a go and see if it makes a difference
x
I will do that, thanks x

Latest posts

Back