Gelish hard gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylahashlea.xo

Reaction score
Hi all!
I've been a devoted Biosculpture lover for the past 2 years, now I have moved salons and the product of choice is Gelish Hard Gel. I have used to gelish gel polish before and absolutely love it! So naturally I thought I would love the hard gel but I am having serious problems with lifting within 24hours! I have always been extremely particular with my nail prep, so I don't believe that that is the issue. I have been instructed to do all usual nail prep, then do 2 layers of builder gel and one layer of clear. I've been told to use these steps for both natural nail overlays and using tips. Are these the right steps? Should I be using foundation gel first on the natural nail?
Also if im wanting to do colour, do I do the above steps then proceed with gelish gel polish over the top of hard gel? Or do a apply the gel polish in between the hard gel?
Thanks lovelies xx

I recently attended my GHG training and I was taught the following...
Prep nail (cuticle remove, shape free edge, buff with the harmony buffer, cleanse)
Pro bond primer on the natural nail only.
Very thin layer of builder to create sticky base.
Bead of builder gel, pay attention to the join line if using tips.
Cure for 30 Secs
Layer of LED clear gel.
Cure for 30 secs.
Buff and shape with 150 file.
Either use the armour top coat if doing natural or if using colour, carry on with this. No need for foundation gel on GHG. I have had my sculptures on for over a week and I am very heavy handed. They are holding well :) HTH xxx
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1401272931.391825.jpg

Thanks for writing me out your steps! Although that is what I have been doing, apart from me doing 2 layers of builder instead of 1. I will start doing just the 1 layer and see how that goes, thank you very much :) xx

No problem at all, hope it helps :) xx

Im sorry to say but if you're having lifting within 24 hours then it is most definitely your prepping. Go on youtube and watch all of fingernailfixers videos on prepping and cuticle removal.

Also there are some mixed information out there about application steps, I was taught to use foundation gel as a base layer after probond and not builder gel.

Yep me too, foundation then builder. Although I'm still not sure if I love the product yet
Xxx

Im sorry to say but if you're having lifting within 24 hours then it is most definitely your prepping. Go on youtube and watch all of fingernailfixers videos on prepping and cuticle removal.

Also there are some mixed information out there about application steps, I was taught to use foundation gel as a base layer after probond and not builder gel.

I am certified in Gelish hard gel and I was told you can use the pro bond primer OR foundation gel after prepping the nail. Also, I don't think lifting issues mean its definitely prep problem. Are you having lifting on several clients? If so then it is something you are doing or using... are you using a Gelish curing lamp? Is it UV or LED? If lifting is only on one person then it could be a long list of possible issues.

Sent from my HP 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yep me too, foundation then builder. Although I'm still not sure if I love the product yet
Xxx

Also, when I it the hard gel on myself, I lift some when I have used the Pro Bond primer, but not when I either use another primer (OPI Bondex2) or the foundation gel. So maybe your lifting means, whoever the client is, just needs a different primer?

Sent from my HP 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I find the ghg runs quite quickly. I know it's a strange question but I think it's cos it's warm, would putting it in fridge for 15 mins before client comes help??

hi ladies im new to this site so please bear with me, im also having problem with the ghg lifting!! we were taught ghg for forms tips and overlays and it take me ages to do a full set and is a nightmare to see them lift within 24 hours! iv gone through my manual 7 times and phoned harmony and talked them through what im doing but still lifting!!!!!I was tils to ph bong then prep, someone said maybe to much pro bong can have the reverse affect ?!?!?! any hints tips or ideas would be great x

Hi there, I've been using Gelish for years and also trained in the hard gel about 18 months ago, I personally have never managed to get it right. When trained the process was:

Prep nail and cuticles
Apply PH Bond
Apply Pro Bond
Apply 1 thin coat of clear gel to entire nail and cure
Apply choice of builder - its helpful to freeze cure as it does run
Cleanse tacky layer file and shape if needed
Remove dust
Apply Dry Armour

I am aware that the instructions have changed a lot and now trainers are explain very different methods. With the way of doing above I find it just lifts, its terrible. I have been advised to maybe replace ph bond with foundation gel - and then applying builder gel x2 then clear gel.

I have gone through so much product and have now taken it off my price list as I am just not confident, I would really love if someone could clear up what way they have found to get this to last and stay for longer than a week.

Thank you so much

Hi there, I've been using Gelish for years and also trained in the hard gel about 18 months ago, I personally have never managed to get it right. When trained the process was:

Prep nail and cuticles
Apply PH Bond
Apply Pro Bond
Apply 1 thin coat of clear gel to entire nail and cure
Apply choice of builder - its helpful to freeze cure as it does run
Cleanse tacky layer file and shape if needed
Remove dust
Apply Dry Armour

I am aware that the instructions have changed a lot and now trainers are explain very different methods. With the way of doing above I find it just lifts, its terrible. I have been advised to maybe replace ph bond with foundation gel - and then applying builder gel x2 then clear gel.

I have gone through so much product and have now taken it off my price list as I am just not confident, I would really love if someone could clear up what way they have found to get this to last and stay for longer than a week.

Thank you so much

Hi, what lamp are you using?
x

I recently attended my GHG training and I was taught the following...
Prep nail (cuticle remove, shape free edge, buff with the harmony buffer, cleanse)
Pro bond primer on the natural nail only.
Very thin layer of builder to create sticky base.
Bead of builder gel, pay attention to the join line if using tips.
Cure for 30 Secs
Layer of LED clear gel.
Cure for 30 secs.
Buff and shape with 150 file.
Either use the armour top coat if doing natural or if using colour, carry on with this. No need for foundation gel on GHG. I have had my sculptures on for over a week and I am very heavy handed. They are holding well :) HTH xxx
View attachment 66222
Do you just use the normal soak of top coat if doing a gel polish over the hard gel? I to am struggling with lifting and it's really frustrating, I spend ages putting them on and then have to remove and start again! My gelish polish is always fine so it's defo not my prep!

Latest posts

Back