Getting aggro from a tan client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgive me if I repeat, Ive only had time to scan the replies! I think there is such a thing as customer experience, and as the original problem was your machinery, to correct this is an inconvenience to your client.

I think thats the mindset you need to remember your client is in, therefore for this reason I do feel you should perhaps be going out of your way to respray her.

That being said I also understand she is now costing you money in lost appointments; however unless you explain this to her she may not realise this.

So what I would do is perhaps apologise to her that you did not explain this before telling her you could not rebook her. Once she understands that she is loosing you possible appointments she may behave more curteously to you. If she doesnt then at least you know you have given her warning and an explanation as to why you cannot have a client regularly canceling last minite.

I think you always need to try stepping back and looking at the situation from your clients perspective...shes recieved a less than perfect service from you and has had to cancel appointments for reasons out of her control and it is already an inconvenience to her that she is trying to fit a respray into her hectic life, she then has you refusing to give her another appointment

If you explain why you cannot afford to keep having this situation and she still does it then you are fully within your rights to then say to her; I am very sorry I understand you have situations that arise that are out of your control however Im afraid I have a policy that in the event of 3 cancelations with less than 24 hours notice (unless fully paid for) I cannot afford to keep you as a client. I hope you understand this is not at all personal, but that I am running a business and unfortunatley I cannot afford to be saying no to others then having a spare appointment with no money coming in.

hth

god i hope i never get a client like this. good on you sticking to your guns. also, that woman is so pathetic. how childish threatening you with all these things! does she think she is still in the playground?! let her come to your door and requesting money, she is tresspassing on your land, you can call the cops and get her arrested and for harrassment. some people! like others have said, her bark is probably worse than her bite. What's she going to do? beat you up?! oooh i would be shaking in my boots :rolleyes: hmmm. people like this REALLY wind me up!

I agree with this comment.

I would have gone out off my way to fix a problem I had made. I know it's a pain to have her cancel but to think of it from her point shes now had to change a few things to get a respray. I know when I get a tan I leave my whole night as it takes time to develop and I don't want to go out. But like I say it's such a pain she canceled your offer of a respray however after reading how you delt with the situation, I would of done things differently, I wouldn't of text her as I don't feel that would of been professional, I would have rang her and explained that I couldn't keep getting her cancel and she had one last chance to get the tan.

Tbh as a client I would be really annoyed as well.

Forgive me if I repeat, Ive only had time to scan the replies! I think there is such a thing as customer experience, and as the original problem was your machinery, to correct this is an inconvenience to your client.

I think thats the mindset you need to remember your client is in, therefore for this reason I do feel you should perhaps be going out of your way to respray her.

That being said I also understand she is now costing you money in lost appointments; however unless you explain this to her she may not realise this.

So what I would do is perhaps apologise to her that you did not explain this before telling her you could not rebook her. Once she understands that she is loosing you possible appointments she may behave more curteously to you. If she doesnt then at least you know you have given her warning and an explanation as to why you cannot have a client regularly canceling last minite.

I think you always need to try stepping back and looking at the situation from your clients perspective...shes recieved a less than perfect service from you and has had to cancel appointments for reasons out of her control and it is already an inconvenience to her that she is trying to fit a respray into her hectic life, she then has you refusing to give her another appointment

If you explain why you cannot afford to keep having this situation and she still does it then you are fully within your rights to then say to her; I am very sorry I understand you have situations that arise that are out of your control however Im afraid I have a policy that in the event of 3 cancelations with less than 24 hours notice (unless fully paid for) I cannot afford to keep you as a client. I hope you understand this is not at all personal, but that I am running a business and unfortunatley I cannot afford to be saying no to others then having a spare appointment with no money coming in.

hth

hth

Hi, If you read the replys you'll see the client has now been abusing treasure, saying that she's reporting her to the tax man for cash in hand & the client has now also wrote bad stuff about her on her Facebook account, so I totally understand why she isn't going to service the client any longer x x

Hi, If you read the replys you'll see the client has now been abusing treasure, saying that she's reporting her to the tax man for cash in hand & the client has now also wrote bad stuff about her on her Facebook account, so I totally understand why she isn't going to service the client any longer x x

From what I understand the client only did that after she was told there was no longer a free respray and she can't have her money back. To be fair if it was me I'll be upset as well.

From what I understand the client only did that after she was told there was no longer a free respray and she can't have her money back. To be fair if it was me I'll be upset as well.

Yes I know that.

but hayleyspraytan who posted this afternoon was giving advice telling treasure to offer to respray her & explain she can't be messed about with appointment times again ect.. which is why I pointed out that it's passed sorting the issue now after the clients abused her, that's why I told hayleyspraytan to read the previous replies.

That's no excuse! Goodness me what is this world coming to. Maybe you put up with nonsense and abuse but that is surely not the behaviour of someone that anyone would want of a client and the OP shouldn't have to pander to her demands.

I understand all the above comments however I personally think the situation could still be resolved, and if it really has gone past the point of resoltion then this advice should treasure find it of any help could be used if she had a similar situation arise, if its of no help to treasure then fair enough, I just think its worth looking at these situations from a different perspective and if it has gone past the resolution point learning from it and perhaps using what youve learned in future situations ;)

That's no excuse! Goodness me what is this world coming to. Maybe you put up with nonsense and abuse but that is surely not the behaviour of someone that anyone would want of a client and the OP shouldn't have to pander to her demands.

Sorry I don't ink I've explained my self well.

First of no I don't take abuse from my clients but I don't put my self in a position where I will get abuse. The op said in her original post 'heart is racing' so she must have expected some sort of problem by saying she could get her respray.

However I agree, no way would I ever have this person as a client now after all the abuse and I agree that she shouldn't have to respray after getting canceled on twice.

My point is the situation should of been handled different to how it was, she shouldn't of sent a text as it can be totally miss read. But should have phoned the client to explain. Maybe said due to cancelling twice she could no longer offer he free respray however maybe a 1/2 price tan next time. Maybe by saying this when she got canceled twice the client would of just came for he tan if she knew it was putting the op out.

But like the op said this client was a bit of a messer always cancelling so Im sure it's all worked out for the best loosing her as a client anyways.....

Thanks for all replies. But I still believe after apologising to this woman ( who said at time not a prob these things happen) and giving her 2 opportunities to come along and her cancelling her last min is enough!
My third lady came along fri for her tan and I'd told her at booking no charge!
After tan I literally had to fight her out
The door as she was insisting she wanted to pay!
She is continuing her rant on FB with one of her friends even commenting how much she likes to spread bad publicity!

the door

She is obviously not a nice person, a client you can definitely do without. I wouldn't even want to spray her again, as much as I would hate it, I'd just refund her the money and be done with her, don't allow her to book in again. The dust will soon settle and I'm sure if she can carry on like that, people will know what she's like , they might smile and nod to her but they don't agree!

Do you know, as much as I agree with some of the posts telling you to stand your ground, I would be tempted to post her a cheque but with a very polite letter saying that although you do not feel obliged to refund her due to her missed appointments, you do realise that it was initially a problem with your equipment so as a gesture of good will you enclose a refund cheque.

I would also add that this has in no way got anything to do with the derogatory comments she is making about you on facebook and that infact many people have commented that she is wrong including one of her party and that if she continues in her attempts at slander you may have to take the matter further but would really rather not as this isn't in your nature.

I would also say that you have worked very hard to build you business and that you value you private time as it is very rare so you are sorry you couldn't agree to her last appointment request but feel that you always strive to put your clients first whenever possible.

Maybe I'm an optimist but I would hope that a carefully worded letter would have her thinking that maybe she was wrong and that she only suceeded in making herself look small or bad.

Anyway hopefully this nasty situations is hopefully over for you anyway so enjoy the rest of your weekend.

H xx

Do you know, as much as I agree with some of the posts telling you to stand your ground, I would be tempted to post her a cheque but with a very polite letter saying that although you do not feel obliged to refund her due to her missed appointments, you do realise that it was initially a problem with your equipment so as a gesture of good will you enclose a refund cheque.

I would also add that this has in no way got anything to do with the derogatory comments she is making about you on facebook and that infact many people have commented that she is wrong including one of her party and that if she continues in her attempts at slander you may have to take the matter further but would really rather not as this isn't in your nature.

I would also say that you have worked very hard to build you business and that you value you private time as it is very rare so you are sorry you couldn't agree to her last appointment request but feel that you always strive to put your clients first whenever possible.

Maybe I'm an optimist but I would hope that a carefully worded letter would have her thinking that maybe she was wrong and that she only suceeded in making herself look small or bad.

Anyway hopefully this nasty situations is hopefully over for you anyway so enjoy the rest of your weekend.

H xx

*like* this

Friggin hell.... She has now reviewed my services on free index and has added in a little extra bit to dis credit me!
Also her mother has written one too!(which she has totally made up)!
This is from a client that just doesn't turn up for appt and was put out when I asked for dep to secure next appt!
She also wrote me a cheque which bounced!!
What do I do :(

Friggin hell.... She has now reviewed my services on free index and has added in a little extra bit to dis credit me!
This is from a client that just doesn't turn up for appt and was put out when I asked for dep to secure next appt!

So you didn't even get her payment anyway? Guess she must have cancelled the cheque after all these 'problems'. I feel really sorry for you, reckon you should do what someone above said and write to her saying about slander. Cos it's gone too far now, how immature. And the fact that her mum is now joining in and telling lies that is definitely slander. I kind of saw it from her point of view as well as yours before but there are ways to deal with things and what she is doing is not one of them. It's just plain wrong, I'd be so angry if I was you.

I can't believe someone would go that far over a tan! What a compete idiot!

I hope you find a way to sort it! X

Wow I really feel for you! Some people have very sad lives if they have to spend their time dissing others, I have someone who likes to call me to others ... I'm honoured as she obviously sees me as a threat ;) don't you worry about her, keep doing a good job and she'll find someone else to pick on in time! This won't effec how your regulars think and they're the ones who'll spread to good word for you ;) x

could you contact the people that run the index and say that the comments need to be removed since they are false.

Also print out the page where they have made sladerous remarks for your records and write a certified letter to them saying you've got record of everyting they've been saying and if it continues you will have to file suit on them due to slander?

If nothing else it might get them to stop being so visous over a tan for crying out loud. The way they are acting it's if they paid thousands for this tan :rolleyes:

Oh dear!! I think she has too much time on her hands!! I would try and speak to her think of it as damage limitation!! I think the letter idea would have worked well with a cheque but if it bounced anyway...I would try explain why you took the action you did and swallow your pride and apologise if you did not explain that to her before you refused a further appointment. I would say you understand why she has reacted the way she has (evan if you dont!) and that you are sorry if she has taken anything personally that it was absolutely a business decision etc etc but that you feel it is unfair of her to be writing comments such as she is, particularly fabricating things (ask her to please consider how she would feel herself if people were putting things that are completely untrue in a public domain and affected her livleyhood and ability to pay her bills).

Ask her if she has ever been unhappy with the service she has recieved from you previously, which I assume she hasnt, so this situation is unfortunate and has arisen from a communication break down between you.

If she does not react well or listen (stay calm throughout you can rant to us later!!) then I would say that you are genuinely sorry that the situation has come to this but you cannot afford to have you livelyhood affected therefore if she does take anymnore action such as she has been doing you will have know option but to take legal action on the lines of slander!! ...thankyou for hearing me out I hope that you understand I have to protect myself etc etc ... nice and calm no fuel to the fire and fingers crossed that will be the end of it!!

I would put a policy on your website to avoid this situation in the future though hun - 2 cancelations within x amount of time with less than 24 hours notice next appoint will need to be prepaid or somthing like that, you can then politely point that out to anyone if you do come across it again.

Dont worry yourself about it though, shes obviously got herself wound up she will get tired of it soon enough if she doesnt listen to reason!!

Let us know how you get on or what you decide to do :hug::hug::hug::hug:

If she or her mum ever come to you again spray them with the blue smurf body paint!!! Haha

Latest posts

Back