Harmony hard gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjjeffrey

Reaction score
Hi there i have started using harmony hard gel and was wondering if you use the gelish
foundation before builder gel. After a week the gel starts cracking and lifting.
please help

You have posted this in the nail critiques forum instead of the nail forum so many may not see it to help you. If you go to My Forum you can ask the mods to change it for you. x Or copy your message and paste it in the other forum.

I use foundation gel after ph-bond and pro-bond and before builder gel yes. You don't need to use both pro-bond and foundation but I find it works by far the best that way.

If your gel is cracking you are applying it too thin. If it is lifting then your prep is incorrect. Check out Holly fingernailfixers youtube video called "Removing the cuticle, the REAL cuticle".

Have you had any training in hard gels?

I use pro bond then ph bond then straight onto the builder.

I use pro bond then ph bond then straight onto the builder.

I hope you mean the other way around, ph-bond then pro-bond:p

:)

Haha yes! I also get the names mixed up but when I do it I know which one comes first by the bottles!

Was thinking about offering Gelish hard gel also with my Gelish Polish..are the extensions soak off also or do you have to buff off?

Sent from my LG-LG855 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've struggled to getting lasting enhancements with gelish hard gel but I'm getting better. I was getting lifting mainly around the top end

It is a buff off gel, some people like that some don't. It is personal preference, I personally like it so do some of my clients who also work with acetone based chemicals which means their enhancements (like mine) don't lift due to them. I know others do like to have a soak off extension, and if that is what you are looking for I would suggest looking into Cnd brisa lite. I intend to invest and train at a later date with Cnd so I am eventually able to offer my clients soak off and buff off gel extensions.

I've struggled to getting lasting enhancements with gelish hard gel but I'm getting better. I was getting lifting mainly around the top end

Are you sculpting/using tips or do you mean on NNOs?

Think
Going to give up and go back to acrylic natural nail overlays. I don't get lifting at top end with the gel but I'm getting it at the tip end, lifting off which I'd t fixable like lifting at the cuticle end. Weird!! If I could work out why if live the hard gel as an overlay under gelish etc as its love to file and easy to apply :(

I do the pH bond, foundation then hard gel.

I have had great success, little or no chipping (except for that one pistachio nut that wouldn't open and the thumbs were used and chipped one! :green:)

I LIKE the fact it is buff off because I seem to have less of an issue with peeling/cracking.

Think
Going to give up and go back to acrylic natural nail overlays. I don't get lifting at top end with the gel but I'm getting it at the tip end, lifting off which I'd t fixable like lifting at the cuticle end. Weird!! If I could work out why if live the hard gel as an overlay under gelish etc as its love to file and easy to apply :(

Don't give up I use the hard gel and my clients love it xx are you etching the tips with your file before applying the hard gel? You don't have to etch with acrylic but you need to with hard gel.
Hth xx

One other hint, when i apply the gel when i get to the free end, i do a little wrap (not enough that it is thick and you can see it, but enough that it just seals the edge of the nail). I do all my filing and shaping before the gel is applied.

I wonder if this would help with lifting.

Hi ladies so a bit of a thought I hope you can help with. I'm still doing my vctc level 2 and we are nearing the end so practising enhancements like mad. I cannot get on with gel at all! Now ill happily apply and remove acrylic etc to my own hands as can soak off but I have buff off builder gels and a soak off gel (asp?!) now my question is this- for the purpose of practise, could I place a small layer of the soak off down after prep and tip before building? So that when the bulk is removed the last will soak- I use to have lovely long strong nails but the endless buffing in class Etc has taken its toll. In an ideal world would like to practise gel without needing to buff more or leave a gel residue. What do you think? Purely on my own hands naturally!

Hi ladies so a bit of a thought I hope you can help with. I'm still doing my vctc level 2 and we are nearing the end so practising enhancements like mad. I cannot get on with gel at all! Now ill happily apply and remove acrylic etc to my own hands as can soak off but I have buff off builder gels and a soak off gel (asp?!) now my question is this- for the purpose of practise, could I place a small layer of the soak off down after prep and tip before building? So that when the bulk is removed the last will soak- I use to have lovely long strong nails but the endless buffing in class Etc has taken its toll. In an ideal world would like to practise gel without needing to buff more or leave a gel residue. What do you think? Purely on my own hands naturally!

The softer gel underneath might make the harder one on top crack, but just try it out and see if it works!:wink2:

Thanks the lamp is coming out now then lol x

Latest posts

Back