Help- my nails keep lifting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessBoo

Reaction score
Hi, i'm new so sorry if this is in the wrong place, or if there's a section called "HOW TO STOP NAILS LIFTING" that i haven't found yet :o
My mum recently did a star nails course, and at first she was using the acrylic that you have to put under the lamp to cure, but she's just started playing with the normal stuff (sorry i dont know the technical terms!!). everything is fine, lovely shape and curves etc, but the sides keep lifting, and eventually the whole nail just comes off. she did them sunday night and this morning i had to take them off because they were all lifting. it also happened sometimes with the UV stuff, but only on a couple of nails and not so soon after they were done!

It just doesnt want to stick to my nails! Can anyone suggest why this is happening, or how to fix it?

thanks
Jessica

does your mum do a thorough prep of the nail? It is so important to remove all non-living tissue from the nail plate...do a search on 'preparation' or 'lifting' and you will find shed loads of info! I think most of us when we started out all posted on this same subject! Any product will lift if the prep isn't adequate enough...

I went to college where we used star nails products and used to get lifting. I don't know if it was the products or the lack of teaching. We weren't taught how important prep was.

It may be worth your mams while to sit and read through hundreds of posts on here about prep and lifting and everything.
She may have had good training unlke me and it may be something simple but I had my eyes opened when I started reading the posts on here as to how bad my training was.
All those days I wasted at college and stressing out as to why my nails were crap,, roll on January for my foundation course with creative.
I hope it isn't the training she had as there seems to be more and more people complaining of poor standards.

thanks guys. i think her course was quite good, she does the same prep as the lady i used to go to who trained with creative. maybe some products are more effective than others? i'll get her to do a search for prep and let you know how we get on tomorrow!!:)

tell your mum to log on here it will be so usefull to her and she will enjoy the site as well.

at the beginning, i certainly had lifting and wasn't sure whether it was my preparation and product application or an inferior product...but if you/your mum is confident the prep is thorough, then maybe it is the system you are using. However, I have no experience of star nails products so i don't have an opinion on them...
I myself changed products and invested in some one-to-one tution and lifting is a thing of the past now but whether that is down to further training or a change of product i can't say...

Latest posts

Back