Help please with naughty client?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kerri

Reaction score
hi everyone, hope you all had a good xmas.
:mad:
Im in need of some advice please. I have a lovely client who has been having enhancements on for nearly a year now, but every time she comes back for rebalancing her nails are terrible. This is beginning to knock my confidence a bit because i am sure im doing every thing right. Her nails are usually lifting very badly, she's lost one, actually, usually more than one, and now we've started getting greenies! i know i do the prep properly, so why is she getting these? Some one suggested that i may be working too wet, could this be my problem? The client has told me she doe'snt bother with the oil, which is quite annoying cause i know it does help. She came in the other day with all mud/dirt under her fingernails and under the lifted acrylic, and under that was another greenie emerging!! aaaaah! god i'm frustrated. All i would like to know is:
Is the problem me? her? or both of us??? :confused:

Thanks x

When applying the enhancement, is your product touching the skin. This is a major reason for lifting, if your prep has been covered properly.

As for greenies, there are various reasons for the cause of them. Clients doing self-repair jobs is a major reason and the most common I have come across.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Just take a deep breath and assess the situation. Good luck!

As you have not filled in your profile, it is hard to answer this post because I don't know the experience you have or what training or how long or with who etc!!! It is hard to help when you have o point of reference. Please fill in your profile????

The question is are you having these problems with everyone whose nails you do or is this one a 'one off'. If she is a one off, then there is a 100% probability that she is the one causing the problems. Whenever I have had a client like this one, I just pass the ball to them and tell them that I am soaking off their nails as it is clear they are not getting on well with them and that nails are not for them. Whenever I have taken this stand, the clients have turned round and told me they LOVE their nails and do not want a soak off and start looking after the enhancements with a bit of respect.

YOU are supposed to be the one giving out the advice. If the client refuses to take responsibility after they leave your desk then the problems are down to them.

Hi Geeg, appologies for not filling in my profile, didnt realise i had to. its done now. I will heed your advice and see how i get on. Your right, if she don't listen to my advice, wots the point eh.
I would like to add that I spoke to you at the Nail Show and bought your book, its great. I have read it twice now and really makes sense. I wouldnt be without it.

kerri said:
Hi Geeg, appologies for not filling in my profile, didnt realise i had to. its done now. I will heed your advice and see how i get on. Your right, if she don't listen to my advice, wots the point eh.
I would like to add that I spoke to you at the Nail Show and bought your book, its great. I have read it twice now and really makes sense. I wouldnt be without it.

Kerri I distinctly remember Geeg doing this with one particular client who was such a P in the A and Geeg said "look you obviously can't handle them etc etc and so I feel that someone else would be better off doing your nails. We are a partnership and I am giving 100% but it is clear you are not by not using Solar Oil etc so let's call it a day" (well it was pretty much like that:rolleyes: ) and the client just about had a cow - 'no Gigi it's fine, you must do them, I don't want to go anywhere else' bla bla and guess what - no more problems after that.... have confidence in yourself - you know so much more than your clients - knowledge is power - use it to your advantage! :cool:

kerri said:

No problem ... no one HAS to fill out their profile, but it does make life so much easier when there is a cry for help to know a bit of background information. :) So glad you have found the book, 'nailclass' useful to you.

Samantha is right, when we worked together in my salon there were several times when I used the tactic she describes and it always worked and the clients 'came to heel' as it were!! Some just get so darned blasé about their Creative nails because they look and feel so natural ... this sometimes works against us as they totally take them for granted and abuse the hell out of them. You do not need to put up with it. Throw the ball back at them and see what happens.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back