Help with funding please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyPrincess.

Reaction score
Ive recently got a shop and tried buisness link for help funding untill im established and able to be finacially stable. Basically there were no help what so ever. Does anyone know what other help i could get?

thanks in advance

x

Try your bank as first port of call. Failing that your into savings. All lending is tight at the moment and I know that very few lenders will lend without security. Is your shop freehold? If it is you could try a commercial mortgage company.

I tried my bank, even tried an overdraft but my representative said that they cant give me any help till 3-6 months because of the beauty industry is not reliable and because of the credid crunch.

in that case your down to your savings. Lending is really hard to come by at the moment. Keep rewriting and updating your original business plan to predict the points when you are gonna hit a cash flow crisis so that you are better prepared. Most salons fail because of cash flow problems, not lack of work.Now that you have been open a few months you have a clearer picture of when the bills will be due.

hiya,
i also live in the north east and like you im just setting up. im receiving funding from the legi and the prince's trust. there is also 5 lamps, they will lend you money to help with your business. i hope this is of help as im not sure they work in your area.
good luck!
gemma x

Ive recently got a shop and tried buisness link for help funding untill im established and able to be finacially stable. Basically there were no help what so ever. Does anyone know what other help i could get?

thanks in advance

x

Have you tried the princes trust? Just a thought x

thanks in advance

x
Hi, I am based in the south east so I only know what is available here, but you may find the equivilent for your area. nwes.org supports women in business as do enterprising women. Down here we have the suffolk regeneration trust...you may be able to find this for your area. As mentioned above the princes trust are funding my business start up. They also have a fantastic connection to all other agencys in your area...not sure if you already know but...you may be entitaled to small business discount on your business rates. Good luck...:)

Sara

thanks everyone :hug: ..

Gemma were are you from hun? good luck to you too

xx

hiya,

im in sunny guisborough!
did you get anywhere with the funding hun?

gemma x

thanks everyone :hug: ..

Gemma were are you from hun? good luck to you too

xx

I have an appointment on Monday with the prince's trust so fingars crossed! .. il let you know how it goes hun :)

x

Latest posts

Back