Help with mobile beauty x

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_Jas_

Reaction score
hello all,

I currently work full time in a salon and want to start up mobile. Im a bit confused how to go about getting new clients. ive made up leaflets and have been putting them through people's doors, ive got a few people from this but nothing to get excited about. Any suggestions on things i could do would be much appreciated!

Also im wondering what products to use, obviously at the moment i need products which aren't too expensive ut also aren't rubbish??

At the moment i only do natural nails and am serously thinking about doing an acrylic nail course. Just wondering what treatments other mobile therapist find are their most popular treatments and if an acrylic nal course would be worth doing as i dont want to waste any money.

thanks!! :eek:

Hi - You're best bet is to set up a website and add yourself to all free advertising websites - freeindex,beautyfinder,google maps etc - with regards to products salon system and strictly professional do ranges for facials that aren't too expensive but deal with all types of skin -dry,oily etc so thats fairly inexpensive.

If you buy a mobile couch you could offer facials and massage if you get training in these. This will also enable you to offer pamper parties where you can do mini variations of these treatments for a few ladies at a time in their home....15 minute massage or facial or mini manicure.

It's difficult to say how long it will take for clients to build up but without discouraging you please be aware that it will take some time - I have been selfemployed as a therapist for just over 2 years and i am finding it very difficult but it all depends too on how much competition there is in your area etc. HTH Lisa

Thanks ill have a look at those websites :)

Ive got a couch so have alredi started doing a few massage clients etc.

x

Word of Mouth definately one of the best forms of Advertising. I recently had some nice hoodies made for my therapists with our salon logo on the front and back and wore them everywhere! Picking up the kids from school, Morrisons shopping, out for lunch (sad maybe, but believe me, they need to keep seeing the log and your face round and about! It also helps if you can walk round with a constant smile on your face as often clients warm to you a little more if they think `"ooh, she looks a nice person, I`ll go to her salon!!" I also still (20 years on) go round womens organisations, Schools PTA fundraising evening, doing beauty and health demonstrations and always pick up new clients from doing this!! Hope this helps a little. Good Luck x

thanks for your help! x

Latest posts

Back