Home courses for nail extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisehartje

Reaction score
HI

I have received in the post today a brochure from Essential Nails - they are home courses for learning nail extensions - has anyone done a home course and how good is the essential nails one?

hi
ive done the acrylic tip and overlay course, i thought it was really good, you can watch the video/dvd over and over to get it right. there is also a manual nail trainer etc.
and, they have a website and forum if you need to ask any questions, or phone them up, jax is really helpful.
you might have read a few posts on the site telling you that not many companys recognise this as a qualification if you want to a do a conversion course but, its a briiliant way to start to you off, to see if you really want to get into nails, and me for one thinks any practice is better than none.
HTH and good luck with whatever course you choose.
i am currently saving up to do my foundation course with creative, i will always be grateful to essential nails and gina wallace of course, for getting me started, but, now i think its time to move on to bigger things with creative.

jacqui said:
hi
ive done the acrylic tip and overlay course, i thought it was really good, you can watch the video/dvd over and over to get it right. there is also a manual nail trainer etc.
and, they have a website and forum if you need to ask any questions, or phone them up, jax is really helpful.
you might have read a few posts on the site telling you that not many companys recognise this as a qualification if you want to a do a conversion course but, its a briiliant way to start to you off, to see if you really want to get into nails, and me for one thinks any practice is better than none.
HTH and good luck with whatever course you choose.
i am currently saving up to do my foundation course with creative, i will always be grateful to essential nails and gina wallace of course, for getting me started, but, now i think its time to move on to bigger things with creative.

I have done both the acyrlic tip and overlay course and the airbursh course. I found them both to be very good and as Jacqui says you can watch them over and over again. The nail trainer is invaluable - I still use mine now to try different things. The support is brilliant.

I also trained with them I did the Gel tip & overlay course, i think it is brilliant. You get a very clear view of what to do, Gina Wallace explains everything very carefully and they also have a great for any questions/ trouble that you might experience.

i too started with essential nails.....did 3 courses,
if it wasnt for essential nails...........i wouldnt have caught the nail bug.........wouldnt have found this site........wouldnt have progressed
it is brilliant as a building block..........
and if you too find true love :Love: in nails......you wont just stop at essential nails.
good luck and enjoy
p.s your trainer hand is the best bit of kit you could possibly own :)

Latest posts

Back