Horrendous skin - make-up and remedy advice please?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As said above a small number of people may have a reaction to some mineral foundations. One of the ingredients that can cause a reaction is Bismuth Oxychloride, which unfortunately Bare Minerals contains, so it is definitely worth trying before you make a purchase decision with Bare Minerals. Jane Iredale doesn't contain Bismuth, so the risk of a reaction is reduced. However, as said before, definitely try before you buy. Get shown the proper application of both products and trial them both to ensure that your skin is happy with them.

Diane x

I did some make up training with Jane Iredale, one of my fellow students had bad acne, so much so that she did not leave the house unless her face is fully concealed with make up. The coverage she got was amazing!

Never thought or knew about primer, what brand would you recommend and will this not clog my skin up even more?[/QUOTE]

Nothing will actually clog your skin as long as it's thoroughly removed; I'd definitely look at what products you're using as I don't think they're helping you.

I think you're focusing in on the outbreaks on your chin and treating your whole face accordingly.

Believe it or not, it's the dryness of the skin which will have possible long-lasting effects.

It sounds like you've got challenging skin and I would definitely invest some time getting advice. Note I say time; you need not spend anything to get advice from companies, but they will have their own agenda, so bear this in mind.

Back to primers. Most are silicone based. I could make recommendations, but you could waste money when your skin is so sensitive, and may react.

Ask your Mum for an afternoon's babysitting. Go to your nearest town, and concentrate on yourself!

Never thought or knew about primer, what brand would you recommend and will this not clog my skin up even more?

Nothing will actually clog your skin as long as it's thoroughly removed; I'd definitely look at what products you're using as I don't think they're helping you.

I think you're focusing in on the outbreaks on your chin and treating your whole face accordingly.

Believe it or not, it's the dryness of the skin which will have possible long-lasting effects.

It sounds like you've got challenging skin and I would definitely invest some time getting advice. Note I say time; you need not spend anything to get advice from companies, but they will have their own agenda, so bear this in mind.

Back to primers. Most are silicone based. I could make recommendations, but you could waste money when your skin is so sensitive, and may react.

Ask your Mum for an afternoon's babysitting. Go to your nearest town, and concentrate on yourself![/QUOTE]

Yes Miss! :wink2: :D

Righty ho, will go get some advice and make up trials. Thank you all very much xx

Hello,

I have the same issue.
I recommend regular facial peels to fade out scarring although they can be expensive.
Makeup wise, buy Keromask camouflage makeup,you can by a sample pack for £5 and try it out, saved my face!
Sample pack will last you a long long time because this stuff is highly pigmented so you only need a pin prick amount, lasts all day and comes in several tones for you to blend. Just pat with powder to set.
Sample Kits : Keromask London

Sample Kits : Keromask London

Please don't waste your money on Bare Minerals, It is not strong enough to cover up scars, neither is the concealer - it is powder and gives great results on resonably blemish free skin, not for people like me with dark acne scars and hyperpigmentation.

MissFussy, can I just ask when you use this, do you use it all over your face as a complete foundation or just use a small amount on scars over your normal foundation? Just been looking at it and looks good and I can use it on my legs too to cover my veins.

Latest posts

Back