How rude!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainbow Bright

Reaction score
I had a new client booked in this morning, she'd only booked the appointment on Tuesday. Got to her house, no answer, phoned her and she answered then hung up on me, I texted her saying I was at her house, thought maybe she was late back from the school run or something, waited about 15 mins then thought right I'm not waiting any longer so left. She texted me to say she 'had messaged me the other day to cancel and could she rebook on the 2nd of Nov ok' - Ummm NO its not ok. I replied and said that I had not received any such message and that understandably I was not happy having wasted my time, fuel for a 20 mile round trip and also turned down another appointment I could have been doing, and that sorry but I was fully booked on the 2nd.

She then replies by saying 'well tough I gave you enough warning', um again I just said I didn't get your message, so then she proceeds to tell me 'how dare you text me getting all shi**y its your own fault if you were too lazy to read my message - so much for customer care'

OMG I just cannot believe how d*mn rude she was. Its usually customary to apologise when you've screwed up, not pass the blame and be insulting. Needless to say I don't need clients of this sort and am glad for the lucky escape really, but honestly some people.

Sorry just had to vent a bit! :twisted:

Hope your day got better after that *hugs*

I had this once. Text the client the day before to remind her, turn up she's is not there, so I ring and she hangs up. Lucky she never got back in touch but I was so upset and angry. It's just rude. People don't understand! If they turn up at work and then get told they are not needed or the office is shut they wouldn't like it.x

I think going by the fact that when you phoned her and she hung up on you, she never texted you like she said. Hope things picked up for you.

Hope you feel better now you have that off your chest! xx I find that the people that shout the loudest (or rude texts in your case) are usually in the wrong!!

How annoying, no its much more than annoying. Make sure you keep her number in your phone so that if she ever rings again (maybe years from now) you can say "sling your hook".

This is what I can't cope with, I always text my clients day before apps to confirm and they know if there's no response I do not go.

If no response from my first text I send another one on the day in the morning.

She's just sent me another text saying ' I'm not apologising for you not reading your texts properly, whatever & f**off I'll be sure to spread the word about you' :eek:

I'm obviously not going to reply, and hope that's the end of it, but I'll keep the messages in case anything further happens. God I hate this kind of thing, I'm upset and angry at the same time - half of me is raging at the damn cheek of her and could happily go to war about it and the other half of me feels like I've been slapped in the face and wants to withdraw into my shell :cry:

I had a similar but not as rude and offensive one as you in the past.

A new client booked in and as it turned out it was on the day of a funeral that I was due to go to. (I didn't know about the funeral at the time of booking as it was very sudden).
So, I go to the house in the morning which was the LAST place I wanted to be and buzz the house. Nothing.
Few more buzzes, then I call, lots, no answer, straight to voicemail. At that, someone came out of the block of flats so I go in and up 2 flights of stairs.
I knock on the front door and hear noises inside. Quite clearly they are in and NOT coming to the door. You know when you hear that 'quiet sneaking about'?
I knock several times more each time getting louder while calling the mobile number. The mobile was answered at one point and immediately was hung up.
After a bit (I'm persistant) I write a note and post it through the door saying 'I hope everything is alright etc'. Trying to be as nice as possible.
As I get back to the car (in the p'ing rain I may add) and a text comes through saying she had been called into work to do an extra shift and she had text me.
Nope, you didn't. You think I'd be here if you did? Obviously didn't say that.
I didn't get in to a 'Text Debate' with her I just replied and said I didn't get the message. There is no point in that I find and you might regret saying something.
I drove away from the building, parked up some distance away, had a few shouty expletives and called someone and vented so it was out of my system!
She was in and I think had forgotten about the booking or forgotten to cancel.
Her name, number and address have been saved and she will not get another booking with me.
Just got me on a very bad day.
Hugs to you - I feel your pain!
x

She's just sent me another text saying ' I'm not apologising for you not reading your texts properly, whatever & f**off I'll be sure to spread the word about you' :eek:

I'm obviously not going to reply, and hope that's the end of it, but I'll keep the messages in case anything further happens. God I hate this kind of thing, I'm upset and angry at the same time - half of me is raging at the damn cheek of her and could happily go to war about it and the other half of me feels like I've been slapped in the face and wants to withdraw into my shell :cry:
Ugh she sounds vile. Don't give her the satisfaction of replying, just ignore her. You're better off without clients like that!

Sounds like you had a near miss better off not having her on your books. I will never understand why some people are so nasty for no good reason, all I can think is that underneath they must really be very scared and insecure.

I must admit I do hate texting, not just in business but in general, it's a horrid form of communication. Much prefer to talk on the phone, but I guess I'm old fashioned!

Big big hugs, remember this was her problem not yours.

People who start off like that are usually, out of experience, nothing but trouble. :evil:

Count yourself lucky you got away. Concentrate on your nice clients people like that make you appreciate the good ones a whole lot more.

Xxxxx

I dont know who you mobile peeps do it. At least from my home business I can do my washing and clean house while i have a no show!

I dont know who you mobile peeps do it. At least from my home business I can do my washing and clean house while i have a no show!

im with you on that one!! ive never had a no show ive always had a text or phonecall to say they are not coming so goodness knows how you feel!

Last edited by a moderator:
Grr. I'd be so mad. Definitely a customer you don't need to worry about losing!!!

Never bother having a text slanging match with people who are to gutless and ununcivilised to cancel an appointment.

We all come across the occasional idiot and you've at least escaped before she starts insisting her nails have fallen off in the bath and wanting a free set every week :wink2:

She wont slag you off to anyone worth knowing, people who are friends with this type of person will either be of the same stock or know what a PITA she is. Its probably an idle threat anyway.

Big hugs for having a rubbish day and I hope you're feeling a bit less down about it now, its her loss after all isn't it? :biggrin: xxx

go back to her house after dark and break a few windows :) leave dog poo in her letterbox, or poison a few of her plants ..... just joking

I simply never have got into any text chats like that. It's just not worth it. If someone texts me ref appointments etc I ring them or ask them to call me when they have a chance.

It's all very easy for her to be so rude to you via texts isn't it? Wonder what she would say if you said,' I will pop round and you can perhaps show me the text that you say you sent', lol, bet she would soon change her tune.( of course, don't do that, it's just wouldn't we love to)

Yes reminder texts are great etc but personally as I said dont get into this whole texting back and forth thing. I was round my friends the other night Nd she had about 20 texts from one client about treatments. My friend has her own website too. I said just ring her! Can't be doing with that nonsense.

Rise above it and smile, some people are on this panet just to cause misery to others.

Michelle

Again lucky escape chick! You don't need clients like that! Hugs x

Latest posts

Back