I got Fired!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachi

Reaction score
SO I went in to work today, to the job that I hate, the job that makes me cry once a wek or more, the job that has made me lose sleep at night for the past year... and I fired. Now, this really was not any of my own doing. My boss ell she hated me.
With that said... It leaves me open to go to school to do somthing i really want to! NAILS. I have toyed with doing the whole 3 in one. Hair, nails, and skin. This is where i have come to an impass..... I want to make money! And I want to be happy. I know that with hair I can come right out and get on at a Super Cuts or great looks with out much issue, but how do I work nails and work at a place like that. AND will I be able to be good at all 3? I was told " People can do all 3 but are never good at more then one..." That scares me! Waste all that time going to school just to think that I will not be good at what I am going to do!
What do YOU all do? how did you do it? How did you deal with just out of school struggle? :hug::irked::cry::):eek::rolleyes::Look_left:Look_righ:grr: help me not look like the smilies!

Take a full cosmetology course, they will go over hair design and full aesthetics which will include skin care and nail enhancements. From there you can see if you can do all of the above or if there is an area where you shine.

Best of luck to the next chapter of your life :)

I know things work a tad different your way, than here in the uk, so just a wee message to you to say keep the chin up, research and grab this opportunity to learn the skills you want to persue your carreer!! good luck!!!!!! x ruth

Great, grab this opportunity with both hands.

Why don't you see if you can do some work experience within a beauty salon, a nail salon and a hair salon and see which really appeals to you. They should be reasonably accomodating because you're working for free.

If not, have a good think about it and go with your heart.

Being in a job i love has completely changed my life to being somewhere i hated.

Good luck x

I'm qualified in all 3 trades. I am a hairdresser. To become successful you need to be a master of your trade. To earn big money means being bloody good at what you do, not having a dabble at everything. Do some work exp and find out what flicks your switch.

I would say like the other girls, start out in cosmo, it will teach you about all. check the policies at the school you choose about switching your hours. I was about to get 300 in cosmo and then switch those hours to nails. I''ve been a nail tech for 7 years now. I absolutly lOOOOOVE doing nails. Its my passion and my taste for life. You just have to find your niche and bury down in it and thrive. I would however recommend finding a salon with expierenced AND willing veteran techs or stylists that are willing to share trade secrets. Don't work alone because it will take you longer to develop an industry for yourself and if something messes up you'll have no one to help you fix it! lol. Carpe cosmo!

Latest posts

Back