I need up to date advice on greenies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

Can you help me?

I am in a bit of panick. My client reported last week she had lost a nail and a greenie was evident. I said i wanted to soak off all her enhancements and she declined just wanting to repair the lost nail.

I was dubious and nervous and wished i had listened to my gut instinct.

This was sat. Today the msg came she has lost another with the same problem.

I was advised to remove acrylic. Clean and use acid primer to remove bacteria. Is this the right thing to do.

I have now said she needs to come in for removal as I had advised on sat.

I gave her options for appts and the option of me supplying a soak of kit if she couldnt attend the salon. She cannot come in until friday. I am now REALLY worried there will be more of this.

I had to reshape her acrylics the week before as she wanted them finer and i think this has caused the seal to be weakend this is the only thing i can think of. I have not had this before and 2 on one client has made me panick.

Please can someone advise what i should do ?

Thank you a very worried nail tech

How long has she had the set on for beaut ?

How long has she had the set on for beaut ?

She had infills 2 weeks ago. Came in a week after as wanted them thinner. Filed and reshaped. Gel on top then end of last week this started so 2 and half 3 weeks

Has she been comming to you long?
Has she been following aftercare ? I'm sure if she was that bothered she would of had them fixed asap not waiting days and days don't worry about I would remove them and refuse not to put any back again she sounds like trouble x

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to panic! Greenies happen and you already advised her to remove so it's not your fault she refused your recommended treatment.
It's her choice to come Friday and if she has any more on the other fingers, it will probably spread lightly than what it is now.

But the moment you remove her acrylics and clean it, the infection should stop spreading. It will not go back to normal, the discolouration has already taken place, but it will not spread anymore either. Just wait for her to come and see the condition of her nails. Perhaps they had slightly lifted, hence the greenie. Acrylics don't just pop off without good reason but you can't know before you see them. Maybe it's the thinning that's got the enhancement off balance or maybe it's something she did. Would be good to know yes, but it doesn't alter what you should do next.

Wait (patiently) for her to come, nag (politely) about not seeing her earlier, do not sound panicked and do not overreact. Instead question her about whether she did anything to cause lifting, creams, medicines, cleaning supplies, you know the usual suspects. Try to get to the bottom of this just for your peace of mind since I don't see her highly interested herself.

By the way, I do believe, that once safely removed and cleaned with alcohol (never heard of acid primer usage myself), a greenie is ok to cover up again with acrylic. Someone else might be more experienced to tell you more about it though as I only encountered it once and that wasn't my work to begin with.

Last edited:
No need to panic! Greenies happen and you already advised her to remove so it's not your fault she refused your recommended treatment.
It's her choice to come Friday and if she has any more on the other fingers, it will probably spread lightly than what it is now.

But the moment you remove her acrylics and clean it, the infection should stop spreading. It will not go back to normal, the discolouration has already taken place, but it will not spread anymore either. Just wait for her to come and see the condition of her nails. Perhaps they had slightly lifted, hence the greenie. Acrylics don't just pop off without good reason but you can't know before you see them. Maybe it's the thinning that's got the enhancement off balance or maybe it's something she did. Would be good to know yes, but it doesn't alter what you should do next.

Wait (patiently) for her to come, nag (politely) about not seeing her earlier, do not sound panicked and do not overreact. Instead question her about whether she did anything to cause lifting, creams, medicines, cleaning supplies, you know the usual suspects. Try to get to the bottom of this just for your peace of mind since I don't see her highly interested herself.

By the way, I do believe, that once safely removed and cleaned with alcohol (never heard of acid primer usage myself), a greenie is ok to cover up again with acrylic. Someone else might be more experienced to tell you more about it though as I only encountered it once and that wasn't my work to begin with.

Thank you for your help.

I am hoping that no other nails are affected and will do as you have all guided. I thought the same if were truly that worried you would pop past and get the soak of kit at tthe very minimum if you couldn't make an appointment time. I will have to see how this goes x

Latest posts

Back